The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

It's good to be back, how are things going?
Oh, you know. Up and down. Just normal life. Not listening to much music atm but, otoh, am revisiting my passion for the Come Together video which I haven't watched for months and months. It's been 🔥

Currently pouring with rain. I need a mug of hot chocolate!

Really nice to see you back on the board. :)

59rz.gif

Oh, you know. Up and down. Just normal life. Not listening to much music atm but, otoh, am revisiting my passion for the Come Together video which I haven't watched for months and months. It's been 🔥

Currently pouring with rain. I need a mug of hot chocolate!

Really nice to see you back on the board. :)

59rz.gif
Last time I was active on the board life was goin good then last year not so good and that's when MJ's music really helps you while you push through things

Last time I was active on the board life was goin good then last year not so good and that's when MJ's music really helps you while you push through things
Your comment is extremely pertinent and I'll just leave it at that. But, yes, the ups and downs of life, the ebb and flow. Sometimes you have enough energy to cope well and at other times it's much harder. Right now, photos / gifs / videos of Michael are doing an amazing job of getting me through ... stuff. He is a miracle, he really is. I don't know how he does it but he just ... does! ✨ 🥰

MV5BNTNjZDRiNjMtNmJjMC00NzBiLWEyNTMtYzBmMjRjNDhlMTJhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzc0MTA5OTI@._V1_.jpg

Watching Training Day starring my man LL Cool Jay.

The very first (reported) steam locomotive was constructed in Wales by Richard Trevithick. Did its first test run in 1804. :)

0*uAIwNj3SFyZLHMBM

"World’s first practical steam engine

The world’s first practical steam engine is the Newcomen Atmospheric Engine, which was first used in 1712 to pump water out of a mineshaft at the Coneygree Coal Works near Dudley Castle. It takes the title of the first practical steam engine because earlier devices were created as novelties or to demonstrate the principle of steam power.

Newcomen engines would dominate the market until James Watt improved its fuel efficiency, which gave birth to the Boulton & Watt steam engines in 1776. A replica of a Newcomen Engine was constructed on the grounds of the Black Country Living Museum, 1.5 km from where the first engine was located and is brought into steam as part of the museum’s demonstrations."

"William Hedley

Before George Stephenson, industrial engineer William Hedley was also looking at how steam power could be used in his work. William Hedley was born in Newburn, west of Newcastle upon Tyne, in 1779. In 1805 he was appointed as Colliery Manager of the Wylam Colliery. Soon after his appointment, an engineer at the nearby Middleton Colliery invented a new locomotive. It used gears meshing on a toothed rack laid between the rails to haul itself along.

Hedley’s locomotive

In 1812 William Hedley began to design and build his own steam locomotive which would run along the Wylam Wagonway.

Hedley’s locomotive would be designed to run on smooth rails rather than using a rack between the rails. In 1812, Hedley had proved by experiment that a locomotive could pull wagons which were heavier than the locomotive without using racked rails – a feat which had previously not been thought possible."

I asked that question SO long ago! No answer, lol.

No-one is going to win, obviously, and there is no prize. It's just a bit of nonsense fun.

I still think it's a legitimate question, lol. :ROFLMAO:
Well, I have a point)))) I often like the themes and ideas here. For example, it's great that @Agonum reminded me about a movie I've been meaning to see for a long time. And thank you for the detailed info above)))))

Well, I have a point)))) I often like the themes and ideas here. For example, it's great that @Agonum reminded me about a movie I've been meaning to see for a long time. And thank you for the detailed info above)))))
omigosh! I never even thought of it like that. Yes, of course there is a prize. It's fabulous stuff that people post, lovely videos, interesting information, new ideas I might not have thought about, the ongoing celebration of Michael which, OK, sure, that's what the entire board is about but it's still nice when it happens over here.

Mm. Good thinking, hope. I like this idea.

It's also interesting to me at what point I jump into something. For example, I love trains but hadn't felt the need to join in the 'train' thing that you started. But then Agonum's photo of Puffing Billy got me all revved up about the industrial powerhouse that was the North of England.

The North. Always with a capital 'N', lol.

omigosh! I never even thought of it like that. Yes, of course there is a prize. It's fabulous stuff that people post, lovely videos, interesting information, new ideas I might not have thought about, the ongoing celebration of Michael which, OK, sure, that's what the entire board is about but it's still nice when it happens over here.
😍😍😍
Mm. Good thinking, hope. I like this idea.
🙏💕
It's also interesting to me at what point I jump into something. For example, I love trains but hadn't felt the need to join in the 'train' thing that you started. But then Agonum's photo of Puffing Billy got me all revved up about the industrial powerhouse that was the North of England.

The North. Always with a capital 'N', lol.
And it's interesting to me how differently we engage with a topic.
For example, for me, trains are about emotions, impressions of a train ride, memories, or the pleasure of the sounds of a train. And for you it is perhaps an intellectual journey, an exploration of an interesting story. I find it interesting to read this in your posts, but I rarely get so immersed in a topic myself.

Back