The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

0a6af2ed-f920-4dd8-943b-a396ae3558dd.jpeg
RDA😍

Brody-TheloniousMonkPaloAlto.jpg

Thelonious Monk
Mr Monk!

From Wiki:
"Monk's distinct look included suits, hats, and sunglasses. He also had an idiosyncratic habit during performances: while other musicians continued playing, Monk would stop, stand up, and dance for a few moments before returning to the piano."

Last edited:
Mr Monk!

From Wiki:
"Monk's distinct look included suits, hats, and sunglasses. He also had an idiosyncratic habit during performances: while other musicians continued playing, Monk would stop, stand up, and dance for a few moments before returning to the piano."
I love the name "Thelonius" ... it sounds beautiful and sophisticated.

Mr Monk!

From Wiki:
Wow, I was just thinking “I hope I included Monk in my hat marathon”!

Thelonious had many fine hats and was a great hat-bearer (Hutträger/hattbärare).

I love the name "Thelonius" ... it sounds beautiful and sophisticated.
Exactly! There is something so mellifluous about that name. His middle name was 'Sphere'! :D

"Thelonious Sphere Monk was born on October 10, 1917, in Rocky Mount, North Carolina, the son of Thelonious (or Thelious) and Barbara Monk. [ ... ] His birth certificate spelled his first name as "Thelious" and did not list his middle name, taken from his maternal grandfather, Sphere Batts"

Last edited:
Wow, I was just thinking “I hope I included Monk in my hat marathon”!
You did and I remembered although I did have to check by doing a search first. No way I could have remembered which page he was on if you hadn't put the caption in.

Thelonious had many fine hats and was a great hat-bearer (Hutträger/hattbärare).
I might go and look for 'hat and/or sunglasses' photos. I'm too tired to read his Wiki page but I might summon up enough energy to look for a photo or two, lol.

Exactly! There is something so mellifluous about that name. His middle name was 'Sphere'! :D

"Thelonious Sphere Monk was born on October 10, 1917, in Rocky Mount, North Carolina, the son of Thelonious (or Thelious) and Barbara Monk. [ ... ]His birth certificate spelled his first name as "Thelious" and did not list his middle name, taken from his maternal grandfather, Sphere Batts"
Did not know about the middle name!

This is my funkadelicj etc stuff i loved this album [and was very lucky to own it] , remember it was 92 for me - made in 84

Back