The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

It is complete all vocals are done, it’s just not fully mixed
When you say vocals are done, are you saying everything is complete with no mumbles, humming and full lyrics? John Barnes was working with Michael and Roger while they worked on Al Capone and Tomboy even though John didn’t work on Tomboy, he said it wasn’t finished.

When you say vocals are done, are you saying everything is complete with no mumbles, humming and full lyrics? John Barnes was working with Michael and Roger while they worked on Al Capone and Tomboy even though John didn’t work on Tomboy, he said it wasn’t finished.
Yea no mumble or anything, gues you can say it’s in a state of completion of the likes of song groove and price of fame

It is complete all vocals are done, it’s just not fully mixed
Damien Shields said the version at the US Copyright Office is an instrumental. Obviously that doesn’t mean there isn’t a version with vocals, but there hasn’t been confirmation that “Tomboy” has anything beyond that spare “HOO!” we can hear in the Zapp instrumental.

Yea no mumble or anything, gues you can say it’s in a state of completion of the likes of song groove and price of fame

Not really sure where you're getting this from as we don't have any info about Tomboy having full vocals or not, and I don't think anyone who worked on it has mentioned anything of the sort, either.

Does anyone know who this is? He's saying that there was a single for a charity double album for the Paralympics made in 1999/2000 which features singers like MJ, Ray Charles, Jimmy Barnes and some other singer I couldn't hear properly. He also mentioned a bit of the lyrics that went something like "Take a pinch of our blood", "Add a bit of (?)", "We are the world". Is any of this real?

Last edited:
Does anyone know what kind of songs it could be, maybe also which ones that michael jackson produced with Will.I.am in Ireland but never put any vocals on it, it could be these?🤔
We have another thread for that https://www.mjjcommunity.com/threads/new-all-star-tribute-album.201652/

But to sum it up:

From Neff-U's sessions they could use:
Broken Chair
Bang Your Head
D.I.E
You Were There
Silent Spring
Love Heals
Don't Make Me Stay
Dark Lady
Water
Red Eye

From will.i.am's:
Can You
I Will Miss You
The Future
Still The King
A ballad with John Legend

We don't know what song from Rodney's they could use since we only have 3 titles of his that are officially confirmed and even then they weren't written by MJ.
Does anyone know what kind of songs it could be, maybe also which ones that michael jackson produced with Will.I.am in Ireland but never put any vocals on it, it could be these?🤔
Btw at 0:49 the video says that a portion of the profits will go to charity, where was that said? If it's true get RedOne to release his songs here NOW lol.

@ChanceToDance

But dark lady and water feature at least some vocals so I guess these won’t be used for BTS and co to cover or complete or whatever they’re doing.
What gives you that impression? They're singing songs from MJ's later years. Nothing more specific than that. Maybe just with the collaboraters.

@ChanceToDance

But dark lady and water feature at least some vocals so I guess these won’t be used for BTS and co to cover or complete or whatever they’re doing.
Yeah, maybe not Water but there's a chance that they might use Dark Lady since it only has scratch vocals with incoherent lyrics, the Estate can't use the song for anything. I'm thinking that they'll go for songs that we never heard of anyways.

Yeah, maybe not Water but there's a chance that they might use Dark Lady since it only has scratch vocals with incoherent lyrics, the Estate can't use the song for anything. I'm thinking that they'll go for songs that we never heard of anyways.
I was under the impression that dark lady has a fairly complete chorus.
If all these songs are “featuring” or duets that would be a super treat for us

I was under the impression that dark lady has a fairly complete chorus.
If all these songs are “featuring” or duets that would be a super treat for us
The chorus is the furthest along but it's still very incomplete. If the Estate has no interest in releasing it as a demo their only option is to give the song away entirely.

I only watched the first few seconds and don't know at what point in the video they talk about his work on an unreleased MJ song. Maybe someone of you has time to find the information :)
The part where he talks about MJ starts at 6:30. He said that the Estate reached out to Brody Brown in 2018 to remix some tracks, John McClain gave him some sets of unreleased tracks and let Brody choose what songs to remix. He wanted the tracks to sound "80's style" with "60's style snares" but the Estate wanted another type of sound.

I guess that's the secret producer they mentioned that was working on new singles back in 2018 lol.

Brody Brown was a huge contributor to 24K Magic and An Evening with Silk Sonic. He’s an incredible person to choose, and the way he spoke seems like he was really aiming to be respectful. I’d love to hear what he did.
The part where he talks about MJ starts at 6:30. He said that the Estate reached out to Brody Brown in 2018 to remix some tracks, John McClain gave him some sets of unreleased tracks and let Brody choose what songs to remix. He wanted the tracks to sound "80's style" with "60's style snares" but the Estate wanted another type of sound.

I guess that's the secret producer they mentioned that was working on new singles back in 2018 lol.
Damien said that the secret producer was an MJ alum, so it can’t be him. I’m guessing either Rodney or Teddy Riley.

Damien said that the secret producer was an MJ alum, so it can’t be him. I’m guessing either Rodney or Teddy Riley.
I wasn't talking about what Damien had said, I was talking about the article which the news about new singles being worked on in 2018 came from.
"It has been revealed that Michael Jackson estate co-executor John McClain is “reworking a batch of tracks alongside a high-profile producer the estate wants to keep secret for a one-off release,” as the Los Angelos Times reports."

I checked some of the work Brody Brown made, although I'm not impressed by his music I respect that he wanted to take the sound to a direction MJ may have wanted. The 80's culture was pretty popular in the 2010's after all.

We could've gotten some interesting projects in 2019 but then fucking Leaving Neverland came and ruined any plans the Estate had, always upsets me to remember that. At least it's consoling that the documentary was debunked and not believed by most people.

I wasn't talking about what Damien had said, I was talking about the article which the news about new singles being worked on in 2018 came from.
"It has been revealed that Michael Jackson estate co-executor John McClain is “reworking a batch of tracks alongside a high-profile producer the estate wants to keep secret for a one-off release,” as the Los Angelos Times reports."
Yeah, Damien was referring to that. He said the “high-profile producer” was someone who worked with/for MJ in the past. I’m hunting for the tweet now.

Back