The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

Maybe my memory is bad, but didn't he record an entire albums worth of material with some Saudi prince?

There was an article the other day about Michael making an entire soundtrack to Charlie & The Chocolate Factory. Was that just a score? Or actual songs?

I remember reading around the time Scream was released that he and Janet worked on multiple songs. What are the other tracks?
That's what we're talking about, the Bahrain Sessions

No idea really if that's even true or not.

Runaway was one of them.

Brads leaked files shows a duet between Michael and Janet recorded for Dangerous. Surprised no one has ever asked him about it unless he never showed it during his seminars

Maybe my memory is bad, but didn't he record an entire albums worth of material with some Saudi prince?
In a document related to a lawsuit MJ was trying to settle with the Sheikh there were only 3 songs mentioned, so no. There were 6 other songs that Bill Bottrell made for MJ but he never got to work on them. But the plan was to eventually make a full album and have it be released in 2007.
There was an article the other day about Michael making an entire soundtrack to Charlie & The Chocolate Factory. Was that just a score? Or actual songs?
Just a soundtrack.
"Schaffel claims that in 2000, Michael even stopped recording Invincible to work in secret at a small Los Angeles studio on a soundtrack for a planned remake of Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory, in an attempt to secure the lead role. "He thought it was the perfect role for him, and he planned to use the soundtrack, basically, to bribe his way into getting the part," Schaffel said. Schaffel said he attended several meetings with Warner Bros., the film distributors but they were only interested in the soundtrack and not in Michael playing the lead role, which eventually went to Johnny Depp." -Making Michael Page 379"
I remember reading around the time Scream was released that he and Janet worked on multiple songs. What are the other tracks?
In 1994 Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis made 5 tracks for a MJ/Janet duet, one was picked for Scream and the other Janet had chose another for herself to work on a song of her own, which turned into Runaway. There's also a track made in 1990 for a possible duet but there's not much info on that.

Lately he's deleting some of his tweets after a few days. Archiving MJ releated tweets is a wise move.(y)
I noticed that, as well. Unfortunately missed the long form one about Turning Me Off, etc. Luckily the text was posted here, though.

Brads leaked files shows a duet between Michael and Janet recorded for Dangerous. Surprised no one has ever asked him about it unless he never showed it during his seminars
No real evidence that it was recorded at all. In all likelihood it’s an instrumental groove that MJ had earmarked as a collaboration between them.

For Buffalo Bill, I think he meant production for the song is complete but not vocally complete.

I found another message from John Barnes on if Buffalo Bill was complete.

Never completed. I’d enjoy working on it along with several others from that time period. Bill Bottrell and I understand what we did and what Michael was going for. Maybe one day...He sang the chorus’. There probably is a guide vocal on the Original master.

He confirms Michael sang the chorus with a possible guide vocal. This goes back to me saying the production was complete but not the vocals.

Michael recorded the demo for "Smooth Criminal" at the Bee Gees Studio in the 80's! It was called "Al Capone" at the time.
John Barnes had a LOT of MIDI stuff in our room. You couldn't walk around
- Bruce Swedien
I remember reading this back in the day. On harmonycentral iirc, right?

I wonder why Bruce said what he said. We know that both songs have existed in 1985 with complete and different (guide) vocals. 🤔

I found another message from John Barnes on if Buffalo Bill was complete.

Never completed. I’d enjoy working on it along with several others from that time period. Bill Bottrell and I understand what we did and what Michael was going for. Maybe one day...He sang the chorus’. There probably is a guide vocal on the Original master.

He confirms Michael sang the chorus with a possible guide vocal. This goes back to me saying the production was complete but not the vocals.
There's supposedly a version with the Jackson bros on BV.

Was JB aware of how further the track was developed during the Victory sessions?

There's supposedly a version with the Jackson bros on BV.

Was JB aware of how further the track was developed during the Victory sessions?
The brothers probably came in later to lay bgvs but Michael probably discarded the track early on. Most of the outtakes from Victory notated all the brothers singing on backgrounds.

John was with Michael almost everyday from 1983 to 1986.....if the song progressed, it was during later years since it was set aside to be worked on for BAD and discarded again. John never mentions the song being complete during any later session

Last edited:
Little we do know on what made it to Westlake, and how many of those were worked with Q and Bruce.

Btw, why nobody has asked those yet who were there (especially Matt Forger or Russ Ragsdale)?

Little we do know on what made it to Westlake, and how many of those were worked with Q and Bruce.

Btw, why nobody has asked those yet who were there (especially Matt Forger or Russ Ragsdale)?
What songs did make it to Westlake? Just askin

The brothers probably came in later to lay bgvs but Michael probably discarded the track early on. Most of the outtakes from Victory notated all the brothers singing on backgrounds.

John was with Michael almost everyday from 1983 to 1986.....if the song progressed, it was during later years since it was set aside to be worked on for BAD and discarded again. John never mentions the song being complete during any later session
Some people insist he revisited it for Dangerous too.

But I do agree, so many songs and ideas probably definitely lay with Quincy and co. Without him involved, there's so many tracks greyed out and locked for estate access.

Some people insist he revisited it for Dangerous too.

But I do agree, so many songs and ideas probably definitely lay with Quincy and co. Without him involved, there's so many tracks greyed out and locked for estate access.
I heard about that but no one confirmed it was revisited during that time. Quincy is sitting on songs as well as John Barnes.

Back