The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

was it ever confirmed by anyone that Blue Powder is by Gary Hearne and not MJ? any interviews or something? can't seem to find any

was it ever confirmed by anyone that Blue Powder is by Gary Hearne and not MJ? any interviews or something? can't seem to find any
It was. The tweet was deleted but it said this:

"#MichaelJackson Blue Powder is not a Michael Jackson song at all. Brad Buxer was helping MJ's driver Gary with the song (Gary wrote it and is singing on it.)"

There's also a section somewhere on this website from someone who heard the song and they also confirmed with Brad Buxer and Michael Prince that MJ never recorded it.
http://www.jackson.ch

I remember there being pictures where the sisters (I think all 3 Rebbie, Latoya and Janet) walked out of Michael's house 1 or 2 days after his death with big filled plastic bags.

so there was also private video-footage Michael celebrating Paris birthday with his kids (Paris to Prince: It`s my birthday not yours) which was sold to a paper and was everywhere in the TV just few days after his death. I really think it was Michaels home.
Yeah, TMZ is just unstoppable. They always know stuff.

No source I’ve been able to find.

Off the Wall almost certainly doesn’t have any material left over. Even when MJ put together the 2001 special edition, it’s the only album that didn’t feature at least one outtake. There are plenty of titles but so far we’ve gotten no actual evidence that any late ‘70s outtakes exist.
What about This Had To Be? With Brothers Johnson. Maybe there's a solo version.

I’ve always thought Michael’s vocals in the 2008 version of Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ sounded too youthful for being recorded circa that time. Were they pitched up? Were they taken from some 80s outtake?

Last edited:
I’ve always thought Michael’s vocals in the 2008 version of Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ sounded too youthful for being recorded circa that time. Were they pitched up? Were they taken from some 80s outtake?
I thought these vocals might have actually been from 2008?

I thought these vocals might have actually been from 2008?
They were almost certainly pitched up, if that’s the case. Late 2000s Michael actually sounds like late 2000s Michael when you lower the pitch of that song.

They pretty much sound just like Hold My Hand vocals
Nah, his voice sounds normal in Hold My Hand; in the 2008 version of WBST, however, it sounds like he was magically turned into a teenager again.

Last edited:
He wrote lyrics for an earlier version entitled "you not me". It's unknown if he ever demoed these.

lf

John Branca recently spoke about Michael Jackson's unreleased songs and according to him there are no plans to release them in the future.

Obviously the focus will be on the Biographical Film and the MJ Musical

That is not completely right. John said the focus isn't on unreleased music at the moment. That doesn't mean they've written off unreleased music, just that there won't be any for the foreseeable future as their focus is currently on other projects, I hope the estate releases more music from the vault again at some point

It's been confirmed for years that Tomboy has incomplete vocals.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it that all John Barnes has said is that Tomboy was incomplete? Not that the vocals itself was incomplete, but the song overall? After Damien said that the version he heard didn't have vocals a lot of us were uncertain if MJ had recorded vocals for it, this is big news sort of.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it that all John Barnes has said is that Tomboy was incomplete? Not that the vocals itself was incomplete, but the song overall? After Damien said that the version he heard didn't have vocals a lot of us were uncertain if MJ had recorded vocals for it, this is big news sort of.

"As far as tomboy, I didn't make it and was not fully completed." - John Barnes

I always assumed there was an incomplete vocal

"As far as tomboy, I didn't make it and was not fully completed." - John Barnes

I always assumed there was an incomplete vocal
Tomboy was mentioned in the MJ Cast Interview with Matt Forger and that's when Forger mentioned it was later given to Roger Troutman.

Whoever was doing the interview for MJ Cast didn't follow up on it though. Never asked Matt if there were any vocals on it and how complete it was. Maybe Matt doesn't know, but wish the MJ Cast pressed him more on this song... Actually, I wish the MJ Cast would press more about the unreleased stuff when they get these interviews.

Yeah the state of the vocals was never talked about until now. Hopefully the song has enough vocals to be put on a Bad re-issue.

I don't care that much about the estate not wanting to make a new album, but they could very well make Bad 40 without doing much work and it would mean a lot to fans. They could put songs like Buffalo Bill, Turnin' Me Off, Make Or Break, Tomboy, Crack Kills, Changes, the 1986 demo of Chicago 1945 and a lot more on disc 2 and it would make for one hell of a tracklist. They could also throw in some remastered clips on the meantime. I would love a project like that to happen even if it was as half-assed as T40.

Yeah the state of the vocals was never talked about until now. Hopefully the song has enough vocals to be put on a Bad re-issue.

I don't care that much about the estate not wanting to make a new album, but they could very well make Bad 40 without doing much work and it would mean a lot to fans. They could put songs like Buffalo Bill, Turnin' Me Off, Make Or Break, Tomboy, Crack Kills, Changes, the 1986 demo of Chicago 1945 and a lot more on disc 2 and it would make for one hell of a tracklist. They could also throw in some remastered clips on the meantime. I would love a project like that to happen even if it was as half-assed as T40.
the estate isn't going to put much into anything if it's not going to make them money. At this point, just give us ultimate edition solo albums with as much material as they can find and call it a day. I don't even care if we never see T40 at this point because they dropped the ball big time on that release. Hell, we're still waiting for a proper release of Making of Thriller since John did say it was being remastered years ago.

No? Mj sounds very youthful on those vocals and did a great job of imitating how he used to sound for that track but it's obvious they are not from the 80s lol.

No? Mj sounds very youthful on those vocals and did a great job of imitating how he used to sound for that track but it's obvious they are not from the 80s lol.
It's super obvious they were pitched up, lmao. You can have all the talent and vocal prowess in the world, but that’s not going to stop aging and the changes it brings to your voice without some tweaking.

It's super obvious they were pitched up, lmao. You can have all the talent in the world but that’s not going to stop aging and the changes it brings to your voice without some processing.

Was responding to your comment about it being a demo from the 80s. Not personally concerned whether or not it was pitched up and am not really convinced it was, although I haven't listened to it in a while. It's definitely lower than any of his 80s vocals and doesn't sound processed in that way to me, though.

Last edited:
These vocals were recorded in October 2007 – one of the few things we know beyond a shadow of a doubt were tracked in the Cascio basement.
It's possible! Would definitely love to figure this one out,
I always assumed Tomboy had MJ vocals. The whole it being described as having a similar melody to remember the time thing.
I assumed the same, but Damien said that the version he heard was instrumental only, and the melody comparison was a synth/guitar or something of the sort. Glad to get confirmation.

These vocals were recorded in October 2007 – one of the few things we know beyond a shadow of a doubt were tracked in the Cascio basement.

It's possible! Would definitely love to figure this one out,

I assumed the same, but Damien said that the version he heard was instrumental only, and the melody comparison was a synth/guitar or something of the sort. Glad to get confirmation.

Yeah, I think there being a whoo in that zapp song kinda solidified to me that there were at least scratch vocals recorded.

Back