The Daily News Oct 14 - Children to appear on A&E Show? Confirmed that it's NOT true.

Re: The Daily News Oct 14 - Children to appear on A&E Show?

Finally an article which criticize Paul Anka...

Music Notes (Carly Simon, Paul Anka, Michael Jackson)

I never cared much for Carly Simon. By that I mean, I never cared much for her songs.

As a kid, I remember her hit “Anticipation” was a ketchup commercial. The song “You’re so Vain,” bugged me because it’s written poorly. I mean, she’s singing “You’re so vain/You probably think this song is about you.” And, well…at that point, the song is about him.

She also says “But you gave away the things you loved/And one of them was me.” Newsflash Carly: Maybe he didn’t love you, then. Maybe he was just trying to get you into bed, as you claim he does with women in the rest of the song.

But I digest, the late breakfast I just ate.

The fourth most famous Simon in music (behind Paul, Cowell, and even LeBon), is suing Starbucks Coporation. Not because someone spilled hot coffee on her, but she claims their now-defunct music venture, didn’t adequately promote an album of hers last year (This Kind of Love). The lawsuit claims the album wasn’t available in a number of the Starbucks stores during the key early months after its release. And when the disc was finally stocked, the price was slashed.

I think someone needs to tell Carly that…music is a tough sell these days. Paul McCartney, a friggin’ Beatle, signed with the Starbucks people as well. And his disc sold like crappuccino.

It’s going to kill her even more to see that Paul Anka, who has about a fourth of the talent Simon has, is going to be making millions very soon.

You see, the first Michael Jackson post-humous song (This is It) was co-written by Anka in the early-80s. He apparently recorded two songs with the King of Pop, back when he was just the prince of pop.

When Anka first heard the song, he made a phone call, and quickly worked out a deal to get half the publishing royalties.

Anka said he was going to re-release the song, and that it was all an honest mistake. And, with that tune being the theme song of the movie that’s going to be released in late October…Anka is probably going to be touring soon.

One of the gloves Michael Jackson wore in the Victory tour in the mid-80s, sold for over $70,000 at auction recently.

I’m guessing very soon, Anka will tour again. And he’ll be wearing gloves covered in diamonds.

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/weblo...-notes-carly-simon-paul-anka-michael-jackson/

The A&E network's statement, however, seems to rule out their appearance.

"They are not part of the series," the network said.

US Weekly told CNN it stands by its report.

Oh man, that's rich!

The folks from A&E have now said that the children will NOT be appearing, but US Weekly stands by their story. PLEASE! That's a classic tabloid line, whenever they get busted with trying to pass off false news as fact, i.e. "we stand by our story."

And wasn't US Weekly the same publication that said MJ was going to be the father of quadruplets. They stood by that bogus story also. LOL!

Oh man, that's rich!

The folks from A&E have now said that the children will NOT be appearing, but US Weekly stands by their story. PLEASE! That's a classic tabloid line, whenever they get busted with trying to pass off false news as fact, i.e. "we stand by our story."

And wasn't US Weekly the same publication that said MJ was going to be the father of quadruplets. They stood by that bogus story also. LOL!

yeah...US weekly isn't exactly People Magazine..and i don't even like People Magazine. lol

Honestly, I do not believe that the kids will be a part of this show. If they are shown, it is going to be footage that we have already seen before from the public memorial and possibly private funeral (which is bad enough by itself).

This family knows better than to do that to the kids because they know that Debbie still has a say in everything concerning the kids and Debbie would most likely kill this idea.

My only thought is that perhaps the kids saw the cameras around, saw that their cousins were part of the show and expressed an interest to take part in it so they wouldn't be left out. I can see Prince and Blanket trying to ham it up for the cameras and you know MJ was always filming them for his private home videos collection, so maybe they didn't see a difference.

But. . . yes, the fans need to put pressure on the family and make it clear that we DO NOT want to see Michael's kids blatantly exploited knowing very well he hid them all of their lives from the public eye. Remember when Jermaine said that the kids would go onstage for the canceled tribute? Everyone was up in arms and attacked him about that.

I just really hope that this is not true.

Re: The Daily News Oct 14

Sony: Michael Jackson Album Will be Sold on iTunes, Contrary to Report

mjthis.jpg

Michael Jackson’s posthumous album This Is It will be sold through iTunes, Sony told Wired.com, contradicting a Digital Music News report that Apple’s policy of insisting that songs be sold individually had cost it the chance to sell the album.

“I’m happy to report that [that] story is incorrect,” said Epic Records (Sony) senior vice president of publicity Lois Najarian. “Michael Jackson’s This It It album will indeed be for sale on iTunes on October 27th. I don’t have much more information to impart other than that right now, but suffice to say fans will be able to purchase it there.”

If Sony is right, either Michael Jackson’s people have agreed to let iTunes sell songs from the album individually, or Apple has reversed its longstanding policy of insisting that songs on albums also be sold individually in iTunes. We’ve asked Sony and Apple about this and hope to have an answer shortly.

“I know that’s the question of the day and they are working on that now,” said Najarian, when asked about the bundling issue.

This widely-anticipated album includes only one new track, also called “This Is It” (listen), which was co-written by Michael Jackson and Paul Anka in 1983, although four demos and a poem are also included. By making this only available as a complete album, Sony and Jackson’s estate would be able to force fans who want to buy the new track and the four demos to purchase 14 tracks they probably already own.

“Seriously? Just the one new song, and only four demos on the second disc? I won’t be buying this,” wrote Amazon commenter Ian Roegels. “I’ll just buy the few tracks I don’t have on iTunes.”

He and others will indeed be able to cherrypick the new songs from iTunes — unless Apple has reversed its anti-bundling policy. Again, we hope to have an update on that soon.

In related news, Apple has budged in another important area related to album sales, by opening up the specs for its iTunes LP program (formerly known as Project Cocktail) so that artists and labels can include album art, videos, images, lyrics, liner notes, and so on with their albums. Earlier reports claimed that Apple was charging the labels $10,000 a pop to create iTunes LPs, but Apple clarified its new stance to Wired.com.

“We’re releasing the open specs for iTunes LP soon, allowing both major and indie labels to create their own,” said Apple spokesman Tom Neumayr told Wired.com. “There is no production fee charged by Apple.”

Michael Jackson’s This Is It album will be available on October 27 digitally and in CD form, and on November 10 in the vinyl format.

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2009...um-will-be-sold-on-itunes-contrary-to-report/

Well, this is promising! I hope it's true. Michael could still have a new #1 single yet!

This family knows better than to do that to the kids because they know that Debbie still has a say in everything concerning the kids and Debbie would most likely kill this idea.

YES. I gotta say, Debbie Rowe is AWESOME for this. She's definitely one that has gotten a bad rap through the years - but she's very adamant at protecting the children. I knew she was for real when she also stated she'd care for Blanket since that is her kids' brother. I know that as a mother, I'd do the same thing.

But. . . yes, the fans need to put pressure on the family and make it clear that we DO NOT want to see Michael's kids blatantly exploited knowing very well he hid them all of their lives from the public eye. Remember when Jermaine said that the kids would go onstage for the canceled tribute? Everyone was up in arms and attacked him about that.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

And yell & scream we did!!! We the fans, are extendend aunts & uncles of the MJ3, and I'll fight to the death with anyone to protect MJs babies.

Michael would be morified if his kids appeared on TV in a reality TV show. He went out of his way to protect his babies and it needs to stay that way. Its bad enough the paps follow them every time they leave the house now due to them being 'unveiled' at the memorial.

The Paparaazi with their Long Range Lenses are able to caputre the kids whenever they come out, But I think that the Govoner has passed a law here in California, whereby the press/tabloids cannot pry into celebs/kids privacy. It will go into effect in Jan 2010.
This will give the kids privacy until they want to do something for their dad or their career. I never thought that Katherine would allow the kids to be on TV. But I don't trust her, as she can be easily swayed.
If the ratings start dropping they may force her to rethink. I just hope the bloody show disappear.
I am not going to the Jackson tours or even buying their cds.

I knew the minute I heard this that it had to be untrue!

Can you imagine what a slap in the face that would be to Michael having successfully protected these kids from the media only to have his own family offer them up for all the world to critique?

As for Joe Jackson, what else can you say?

YES. I gotta say, Debbie Rowe is AWESOME for this. She's definitely one that has gotten a bad rap through the years - but she's very adamant at protecting the children. I knew she was for real when she also stated she'd care for Blanket since that is her kids' brother. I know that as a mother, I'd do the same thing.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

And yell & scream we did!!! We the fans, are extendend aunts & uncles of the MJ3, and I'll fight to the death with anyone to protect MJs babies.
what i loveis how jermaine said thekids were going to vienna and would be on the stage....the very next day the show was cancelled? rowe, y'all? lol:doh:

what i loveis how jermaine said thekids were going to vienna and would be on the stage....the very next day the show was cancelled? rowe, y'all? lol:doh:

This man even made up a list of entertainer's who would have been contributing to that Vienna show. These artists were shocked because they weren't even contacted first.

Well on TMZ Live Chat they said that it was actually one of the Jackson family members that started the rumor that the kids will be on the show. And later while laughing they asked "can you guess which Jackson was it??

himm I'll say Jermaine.

Of course Jermaine. But I am sure momma jackson won't allow this or at least ask the children

Oh man, that's rich!

Because they are being fed personal stories of MJ's kids by his own family.

Harvey Levin from TMZ said he spoke to Katherine and she is adamant about the kids not appearing on the tv show. He said guess who in the Jackson family fed that story to US Weekly. He did not name the person..but he said someone inside the family is feeding the tabloids these stories. I am guessing Joe. Or Latoya. Or Jermaine(but he is too busy touring India). So back to Joe.

awwm I love these "what kind of song are you today" :D

What Michael Jackson Song Are You?

1. What did you love most about Michael Jackson?

• His voice
  • His dance moves
  • His style
  • His generosity
  • His compassion
  • His lyrics
Do the the test here http://www.blogthings.com/whatmichaeljacksonsongareyouquiz/

Michael Jackson's 'This Is It' Guitarist, Orianthi, To Release Debut

Introducing Orianthi, the guitar phenomenon who is featured prominently in the upcoming Michael Jackson concert documentary, "This Is It".

Already a renowned musician, Orianthi has been playing guitar since the age of eleven and was discovered by legend Carlos Santana. After playing with artists like Carrie Underwood, ZZ Top, and Prince, she received a MySpace message from Michael Jackson's musical director asking her to audition for his comeback tour. Following a test run with the King of Pop himself, she was selected as his lead guitarist for his O2 arena dates in London - a crowning achievement for the 24 year old from Adelaide, Australia.

Now Orianthi is preparing to release her solo debut album, "Believe", on October 27th. In addition to her talent at guitar, Orianthi has a gorgeous voice and even sang at Michael Jackson's Staples Center memorial service. Even before starting rehearsals for his tour though, she was hard at work writing and recording the album with her band. Believe is full of anthemic rock tracks with a sound reminiscent of Paramore or Evanescence, but entirely Orianthi thanks to her signature shreds and thunderous hooks. Her first single, "According to You" is a catchy tale of an ungrateful boyfriend, featuring a killer guitar solo.

To hear the story in her own words, watch Orianthi in this segment from Australia's "Today Show". Visit Orianthi.com for updates on this rising star, and be sure to check her out in "This Is It" - out on October 28th.

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2009/10/13/michael_jackson_s_this_is_it_guitarist_o

And the controversy about the This Is It song continues on several, if not all of them, newssites all over.

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1972 - Michael Jackson's single "Ben" became his first #1 single. He was 14 years old at the time.

BEN.jpg

i posted this Orianthi interview with a link that actually works. that's why i bypassed this one, and posted my own thread, which was closed. the link on this post doesn't work.

edit: here is the link that actually works:

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guit...jacksons-guitarist-orianthi-speaks-out-212824

Harvey Levin from TMZ said he spoke to Katherine and she is adamant about the kids not appearing on the tv show. He said guess who in the Jackson family fed that story to US Weekly. He did not name the person..but he said someone inside the family is feeding the tabloids these stories. I am guessing Joe. Or Latoya. Or Jermaine(but he is too busy touring India). So back to Joe.

It wouldnt surprise me if it is joe :angry:

Since just about all of these stories turn out not to be sure "someone inside the family" is problem a 4th or 5th cousin who swears that they are in the know. A tabloid such as TMZ and the others would probably consider the family dog an "insider" if it could talk. Love how the tabloids can never identify their faulty "sources" or put them on camera but they sure can pay them under the table.

I think the one who is feeding the stories to TMZ is Randy .

I think that the one who could make them contact katherine is Randy and I truley feels it was Randy who told him mj had passed away before any one else .

they got it before anyone else that Randy was going to testify regarding the memorabilia tour.

they got it before anyone else that statement from Randy being very upset about the helicopters during the funeral .

they got it before anyone else his response to the information that katherine does not inherit anything

he dissed all his siblings in that statement and expressed his true feelings toward the reality tv show
the very next day , someone says the kids are gonna be on the show and katherine is on the phone saying no . and Harvey implies someone inside is feeding the stories is again Randy pointing the finger at the other members of the family .

great way to deflect by pointing out others. unsuccessfully but great way to do so but i always say actions speak louder than words

Marlon Jackson, the older brother of the late Michael Jackson, is speaking out to ET about reports that Michael's three children will appear in a reality television show.
Marlon tells ET: "The family is appalled about the stories that [Michael Jackson's] kids are being put in the reality show. The family would never put them in a compromising situation. They respect their privacy too much."
Marlon's comments to ET come on the heels of reports that surfaced this week which claimed that Michael's three children -- "Prince" Michael, Paris, and "Blanket" -- could appear in a reality TV program.
Keep checking back here for the latest.
http://www.etonline.com/gallery/2009/10/79729/index.html

That made me think of the saying "it takes a village"...
Well I applaud Mrs. Jackson and possibly Ms. Rowe for quickly stepping in and letting the fans and others know the truth...

That made me think of the saying "it takes a village"...
Well I applaud Mrs. Jackson and possibly Ms. Rowe for quickly stepping in and letting the fans and others know the truth...

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

It sure does take a village to raise a child.

I'm a mom, and I see my daughter in every child I meet & see. And I love MJ3, i truly care about them, just like I care about their dad.

And that's all I'm going to say because I'm gonna start to cry again.

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

It sure does take a village to raise a child.

I'm a mom, and I see my daughter in every child I meet & see. And I love MJ3, i truly care about them, just like I care about their dad.

And that's all I'm going to say because I'm gonna start to cry again.

:agree::agree: whoa whoa no crying Shimar...
I am not a parent, but every now and then I feel like we should all look after the kiddies, even if they aren't related..
I think the family knows that his "true fans" and not the gawkers want nothing but the best for his children...
I will assume that eventually the paps will get tired of them and move on.. Then they will not have to worry about these weird stories popping up in the media..

Why would any of the Jackson family members allow the children to appear on TV? They are still young and fragile and MJ will never want it. At least wail until they are much older and let them decide for themselves

Back