Take That Reunion 2010 (yes w/ Robbie Williams)

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
What is Take That?

They are known only in the UK and Ireland and Germany.

In the USA, Asia and rest of the world ... are unknown and not popular with very poor records sales... so... they are so unimportant that it doesnt matter... that they have sold more tickets... in the UK.
Only the UK!

This is just the PR hype, but with a huge difference: NO LIVE BROADCASTING AROUND THE GLOBE WITH AN ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE TOUR AND NO MEDIA INTEREST like for This is It and Michael Jackson!

How can a band that most of the world couldn't even identify be selling tickets faster then Michael...........its just ridiculous!

14 dates compared with MJ's 50 dates??

What is Take That?

In the USA, Asia and rest of the world ... are unknown and not popular with very poor records sales... so... they are so unimportant that it doesnt matter... that they have sold more tickets... in the UK.
Only the UK!

This is just the PR hype, but with a huge difference: NO LIVE BROADCASTING AROUND THE GLOBE WITH AN ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE TOUR AND NO MEDIA INTEREST like for This is It and Michael Jackson!

How can a band that most of the world couldn't even identify be selling tickets faster then Michael...........its just ridiculous!

But they've been in higher demand than Michael, you'll just have to deal with it. Michael has almost every other record under the sun........so let them have it. Dont take it so to heart, its not a big deal.

I think Gary Barlow is an amazingly talented songwriter, I prefer a lot of their new stuff to the old stuff. Their Beautiful World album is one of my favourites, i was in love with the song Patience when it came out.

14 dates in stadiums = 1,000,000+ tickets. 50 Dates at the O2 = 750,000.

To be fair, its a bit stupid comparing Michael to Take That. Many could argue that Michael is better, others will argue Take That are better. It doesn't really matter. (If you're me, you would love both!)

Take That are massive in the UK and you know whenever they release an album- it will go to number 1, if they release a tour- it will sell out in minutes. They are successful even if they haven't cracked the US. (Maybe they don't want/need to?)

I can't wait for their album Progress! It has been brought forward a week so its released on Nov 15th now! From what I've read about it, it seems like its going to be pretty amazing! :D

I've just been on facebook and Take That posted a message saying they sold over 1,340,000 tickets within 24 hours!

I've just been on facebook and Take That posted a message saying they sold over 1,340,000 tickets within 24 hours!

That is incredible. Tbh, I didn't even know they were still together, I thought they split up like 10 years ago or something.. and after that Robbie Williams went solo? :unsure: But good for them that they're still successful, even if it's mostly in the UK :) Reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend a while ago about how nearly all boy/girl bands are from the UK: Take That, Westlife, Boyzone, Sugababes, Atomic Kitten, Girls Aloud, etc.

Edit: oops, Westlife is from Ireland. Anyway, my point still stands :p

Last edited:
What is Take That?

Only the UK!

oh, well... what's this? :doh:
Please!!!! They guys are really, really very famous in the UK and in Europe and that is also part of the world we all live in. Not everybody can be Michael Jackson, you know?

There's really no point in throwing crap against others to make Michael look bigger. Michael Jackson is Michael Jackson. Period. He is at another level, far from all other artists around.

But that doesn't make Take That achivements less important. They sold 1,340,000 tickets in 24 HOURS, adding a number of shows during the day and still they could have done far more, such is the demand!!!! :bugeyed

The outsold Wembly in hours not only once or twice but much more than that. And if you think that is only fools, you are wrong. Their music is good and their show is really excellent.

Now Robbie should really try to be more low profile, that's for sure.

But anyway. If they were able to sell 1,340,000 tickes in one day, well... that's gret for them!!!

And that doesn't make Michael any harm. Please... how could they? :doh:

LOL! We in 1993 again? Robbie Williams is a has been hence him joining Take That, they have more demand than he does, must be a slap in his face seeing as how he thought he was the king of mankind during his ''successful'' years between 2001 and 2006.

LOL! We in 1993 again? Robbie Williams is a has been hence him joining Take That, they have more demand than he does, must be a slap in his face seeing as how he thought he was the king of mankind during his ''successful'' years between 2001 and 2006.

What do you mean by 'his "successful" years'? Did he not sell enough music and tickets or something?

Back