Take That Reunion 2010 (yes w/ Robbie Williams)

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Gary's an excellent songwriter. Never thought Rob would ever rejoin, so this is kind of fun! Loved them as a child.

I was like... numb to read this info yesterday. The rumors have been around for so long... and then, pafff!!! "The rumors are true" And I went --> :mello:

I've like TT since the early days, and I have all their music. But I just love their music, for I hardly know their names :)D I guess that doesn't make me fan), but I do know all their songs and lyrics. I love their comeback. I love their new music. The lyrics... amazing. The vocals... excellent. I have never had a chance to see them live, but I hope from the heart one day I will :) Thing is besides me, I really know no other person who likes them here in my country :ermm: but I am sure there must be some fans out there.

I liked RW's music and his show was great (he does have many fans here). One of the best I've ever been to. Too funny and too crazy. Loved it. But I was not very pleased when he started making fun of their old mates, their old songs and their dances. The same things he used to do!!! :bugeyed And then he made fun about the fact that he had been invited to rejoin them and he was like: "What??? me???? no way I am doing that s*** again, noooo" And he laughed about the guys and their music, but then had no problems to sing "Back for good".

But life changes, you know... :smilerolleyes: now the guys are on top and he is down there and now, he is sooooo happy to be back. I don't know if this is really good for the band. I love their new music. It's really very good IMO. So the four of them, all of them singing, great lyrics and magnificent live shows, I wonder... do they really need RW? Well... not for me. But they look fine together. So I am willing to hear that new album and I just hope this will not turn into RW's show and, most of all, I hope this RW guy will not spoil the other guys. Right now, they are great for me.

They are a great live band and have developed a brilliant back catalogue of songs. I knew this would happen when Robbie's last album failed to set the world on fire.

If it would have done really well he wouldn't have joined but he peaked about 6 years ago know. He was the UK's biggest star for quite a long time though.

I'm worried this will turn into the Robbie show, I hope he doesn't overshadow Gary et al.

I totally agree -_-

I am referring to Radio Killed The Video star. Rudebox did flop as well, however this was billed as a massive comeback and that Robbie Williams was going to be like the saviour of pop music, thats why this flop was more significant.

Rudebox flopped? It reached #1.

Admittedly it was absolute crap.

Reality Killed the Video Star reached #2.

I've loved Take That's music since they started, but have to say that IMHO their last album was their most boring to this date... I'm pretty sure that having Robbie back will be great for the group :)

Ok, in terms of singles it flopped.

His albums would allways do quite well at first just because hes Robbie Williams.

I've loved Take That's music since they started, but have to say that IMHO their last album was their most boring to this date... I'm pretty sure that having Robbie back will be great for the group :)

Really? I totally disagree, I think The Circus shows so much variety! Admittedly, there's about two songs on there that I always skip ('Julie' and 'Hello') but I think the album is far better than Beautiful World (and previous albums from the 90s)
I also love Take That's old material, when Robbie was in the band. I think the Ultimate Collection is one of my favourite compilation CDs and they always perform the old stuff well! It always gets the crowd going! :)

Rudebox was a really bad album. I bought it out of curiosity and it was as terrible as the critics said.

Reality Killed The Video Star was beaten to No.1 by JLS if I remember rightly? But it was No.1 in parts Europe and Australia. I didn't buy this album (not even out of curiosity!) because I could not stand 'Bodies' the single... or the following single (I can't even remember the name of it...)!

Rudebox was a really bad album. I bought it out of curiosity and it was as terrible as the critics said.

Reality Killed The Video Star was beaten to No.1 by JLS if I remember rightly? But it was No.1 in parts Europe and Australia. I didn't buy this album (not even out of curiosity!) because I could not stand 'Bodies' the single... or the following single (I can't even remember the name of it...)!

The one good thing that came out of the album Rudebox was the song 'Lovelight'. I think thats a great song, I havent heard it for a while but I loved it at the time.

'She's Madonna' was quite good as well. Apart from those two I didnt like the album at all.

:bugeyed
really???
I have liked their music ever since I heard "Pray" a looooooooooongggg while ago (talk about my age ehehehe), but aftwer "Nobody else", their last 2 albums are just better and better. I love The Circus. IMO, their BEST so far. And their recording at Abby Road... great!
I really like their music. I hope their next album will be even better than The Circus. Any other result would be a bit dissapointing, since their comeback has been great.
:clapping:

The one good thing that came out of the album Rudebox was the song 'Lovelight'. I think thats a great song, I havent heard it for a while but I loved it at the time.

'She's Madonna' was quite good as well. Apart from those two I didnt like the album at all.

Lovelight is a great track with a great vocal. It's actually a cover from a guy called Lewis Taylor.

What is That That?
Who is Robbie Williams?

Where they are from?
Almost nobody knows them?

Do you know any Chinese artists?

All these local stars come and go..., but Michael is the last true and real music legend.
The rest is.... YouTube stars.

You are probably too young to remember them, but they were really HUGE in the 90s. They were the first boyband actually, bands like Backstreet Boys, N' Sync etc were formed after them. They were very successfull and not just in the UK. They were all over Europe, they were not a local act and definitely not a YouTube star. They were before the internet.

I liked them a lot (Mark being my favourite, because he was the cutest, lol). I remember when Robbie left, it was massive shock and everyone thought he betrayed the band and the fans. It will be interesting to listen to what they will come up with now... As for their concert, I am not really excited, but that's because after Michael passed I am not excited about anybody's concerts anymore.

You are probably too young to remember them, but they were really HUGE in the 90s. They were the first boyband actually, bands like Backstreet Boys, N' Sync etc were formed after them. They were very successfull and not just in the UK. They were all over Europe, they were not a local act and definitely not a YouTube star. They were before the internet.

I liked them a lot (Mark being my favourite, because he was the cutest, lol). I remember when Robbie left, it was massive shock and everyone thought he betrayed the band and the fans. It will be interesting to listen to what they will come up with now... As for their concert, I am not really excited, but that's because after Michael passed I am not excited about anybody's concerts anymore.
They are big now as well though, so being to young is not really an excuse. Im not sure sure he doesnt know who they are to be honest with you.

They are big now as well though, so being to young is not really an excuse. Im not sure sure he doesnt know who they are to be honest with you.

I can't say about now, because I didn't even know they were still touring :) the only music channel I watch now is VH1 Europe and I haven't seen them once there... Nor have I heard them on the radio. Probably they are "a local act" now? I don't know...

As for Robbie Williams, he is very famous here as a solo artist.

You're right, they were huge back in the 90's and not only in Europe. ;) I was a fan haha oh Mark was my favorite too and I also loved Jason and yes Robbie too :lol:
I can totally understand what you are saying about the excitement, after Michael's passing my dream crashed nothing is the same anymore.

I can't say about now, because I didn't even know they were still touring :) the only music channel I watch now is VH1 Europe and I haven't seen them once there... Nor have I heard them on the radio. Probably they are "a local act" now? I don't know...

As for Robbie Williams, he is very famous here as a solo artist.

Take That have been massive here in the UK since there reunion tour in 2005 and proper reunion in 2006. They have done massive shows all over and set the record for the fastest selling tickets in UK history, which I should really note was broken by Michael last year.

So yeah, Im not sure about the rest of Europe but they are still massive here in the UK.

emmm... not exactly.
Before the huge success of TT, there was another bigger (really way bigger) success: New Kids on the Block. But you are probably too young to remember them :D LOL!! No, dear, I am just kidding, shame on me :(

but yes, the NKOTB were a huuuugeee success. And I remember how NKOTB fans were so anti TT because the success of TT came right at the time NKOTB were about to vanish. And now NKOTB made their comeback, but, alas!, Take That had been waaaayyyyy more succesful. They have sold it all and their new music is fantastic. NKOTB new album had some good tunes... but not that great, imo :scratch:

Have you heard the new Take That song yet?

I think its amazing, I really love it!

[youtube]65KebzE5zOU[/youtube]

Who did you book with? I am trying ticket master.. Have been all day!!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! :lol:

Everywhere I went today, I had people there trying to get Take That tickets haha Even my dentist was trying to get them while I was there...haha

I've only seen this kind of chaos trying to get tickets from Michael.

I managed to get tickets at 11 o clock and by the sounds of things, that was pretty quick!

I was on ticketmaster at half past 8 and by 8:50am all the sites had crashed. It was so stressful! For 2 hours, I was watching blank pages! Apparently phone-lines were in meltdown on top of the internet chaos. Its always been a struggle getting tickets for Take That but this year was definitely the most stressful!! Ticketmaster have had to release loads of statements and apologies... what a nightmare!
If you're still struggling try: http://tickets.ents24.com/?a=TAKE+THAT&filler2=-1eae9244cbc862c6

I ended up getting as far as an offer for 2 tickets.. seating right at the back! No thanks. :sleep: lol

Crashing websites? I remember them and yeah they were pretty big in Europe (and apparently still are in Britain), but I don't think they are worth the hype. Robbie Williams got to be one of the most overrated popstars I have ever seen. Seriously I don't think the guy has any talent. BTW, they weren't the original boyband. New kids on the block or maybe New Edition were! TT are the British copycats of NKOTB! The British media have always been good at hyping up their own acts more than they deserve....

Last edited:
Crashing websites? I remember them and yeah they were pretty big in Europe (and apparently still are in Britain), but I don't think they are worth the hype. Robbie Williams got to be one of the most overrated popstars I have ever seen. Seriously I don't think the guy has any talent. BTW, they weren't the original boyband. New kids on the block or maybe New Edition were! TT are the British copycats of NKOTB! The British media have always been good at hyping up their own acts more than they deserve....

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels that way :p

Take That in more demand than Jackson
Take That in more demand than Jackson
+
Take That Ticket Demand 'Bigger Than Michael Jackson' | Gigwise

Demand for Take That tickets - which went on sale this morning - has been ''twice that of Michael Jackson.''

Tickets to see the group when they tour the UK next year for the first time as a five-piece since 1995 went on sale this morning, but demand via phonelines and on the internet has seen ticket sellers struggle to cope.

A spokesperson for vendor Ticketmaster said: "Due to totally unprecedented demand all ticket agents across the UK are struggling to cope.

"It's been confirmed that the UK telephone network is also straining to cope and that call volume, and it is at least twice that of when Michael Jackson tickets went on sale last March.

"We are working to resolve the issues and we are confident that fans will be able to purchase tickets and we ask that they keep trying."

Michael Jackson announced his 50 date 'This Is It' comeback would be staged in London last year - the only shows he planned to play in the world - which sold out within hours. The shows never went ahead, however, due to the untimely death of the star.

Take That - including recently rejoined member Robbie Williams - have also announced extra dates in the UK as a result of fan demand, with an extra concert at Sunderland's Stadium of Light on Tuesday 31 May, 2011, as well as extra shows in Glasgow, at Hampden Park, on Friday June 24 and in Birmingham, at Villa Park, on Tuesday June 28.

Mobile phone network Orange reported it had a 144 per cent spike in calls between 9am and 10am as to the previous day, as its customers frantically tried to get tickets.

The network said Orange customers can stay updated with the latest Take That news by visiting Free Music Online | Download Music to Your Playlist | Orange Monkey | Orange UK or download a Take That ringtone from Orangeworld.co.uk

Take That 'Progress Live 2011' tour dates:

May 30: Stadium of Light, Sunderland

May 31: Stadium of Light, Sunderland

June 3: City of Manchester Stadium, Manchester

June 4: City of Manchester Stadium, Manchester

June 5: City of Manchester Stadium, Manchester

June 7: City of Manchester Stadium, Manchester

June 14: Millennium Stadium, Cardiff

June 18: Croke Park, Dublin

June 22: Hampden Park, Glasgow

June 23: Hampden Park, Glasgow

June 24: Hampden Park, Glasgow