Stevie Wonder's European & Australian Tour: First Photos & Video now on Post #66

Re: Stevie Wonder Announces European AND Australian Tour!

Post your reviews after the show, and a setlist if you can. I want to know what songs he's mixing it up with.

Hey Superstiton, I am seeing him tomorrow evening, I will be writing a review with pictures almost immediately! I am seeing him for his first show at the London 02 Arena :D

If it was anything like last night at the MEN in Manchester you guys are in for a massive treat!
He is on top form!
and the interaction with the audience is amazing
his vocals are on top form
Can't remember what order the songs came in, but expect the best songs at the end
I took one picture which was'nt very good so didnt bother with anymore
recordered two short videos which will be on Youtube by tomorrow evening
I will post the links on here as soon as possible :)
Edit:
Also he sang The Jacksons People Make The World Go Round in talkbox style

Last edited:

Cool. He's been doing that one a lot this year (People Make The World Go 'Round). I can't wait to see your vids and to see Foxy's review.

I just bought the tickets for his concert on September 30th in London.

Im going then too! Really looking forward to it, didnt ever think I'd see him in my lifetime.

Hello everyone! I have returned from London this afternoon after one of the most fantastic nights of my life, where I attended Stevie Wonder's opening show at the 02 Arena of his European leg of "A Wonder Summer's Night Tour."

By popular demand and through sheer excitement I will share this short review of last nights performance in as much detail as possible, accompanied with photography and a video of various songs and special moments. *BEWARE - CONTAINS SPOILERS*

To begin, we arrived in good time to sit down in our seats, which were row E of block A1 of the floor seating, to put this in perspective, I was sitting around 20 feet from where Stevie Wonder would play his entire 2 and a half hour set. I think it is fair to say, we had the best seats in the house. In the picture below, was around 20 minutes before the show, the stage is picture LEFT.

img0609gm3.jpg

From the opening of the show, we could tell he was on top form, opening with a beatbox into harmonica ad-libbing was profound to say the least, everyone was on their feet grooving in true Stevie fashion. From then on in, it was hit after hit, only broken up with occasional, however, relevant and emotional speech about his life and his views, at which point of course, he gleefully endorses Barack Obama. There is no such thing as a break for Stevie, as during the beautiful Jazzy 'interludes', he sits at either his grand piano, clavinet or keyboard accomanying his band who are nothing less than world class.

img0629ns1.jpg

Throughout the show, people sit down and stand up depending on the mood, which is at a constant high, only brought down by visibly emotional songs for Stevie to sing, one that springs to mind being 'Lately'. I do not wish to give too much away about hit set list and how he perfoms each song, in fear that my humble wording will not justify how magical he is to watch and absorb...therefore I will simply describe it as intense.

img0630xv1.jpg

I wanted to give people a short, yet sweet review concerning the atmosphere from where I was standing, so I hope these few pictures and the video posted below will give you a good indication of the quality of his performances to come.

img0634ez7.jpg

I have many more pictures of which everyone is welcome to look at, just give me a PM and we can arrange an easier way for me to share them to you!

Last edited:

Great pics Foxy.

Stevie is on Jonathan Ross tonight, just incase you wanted to know & didn't know =)

Great pics Foxy.

Stevie is on Jonathan Ross tonight, just incase you wanted to know & didn't know =)

Thankyou! Well technically he isn't on Jonathon Ross tonight, as he is actually at the 02 performing again! Damn those pre-recorded shows! Can't wait though, apparently he is playing a song from one of his new albums too :)

Wow. It seems like you got the same type of feeling at that show as I got at his Chicago concert this past June.

Awesome pictures. Thanks for your review.

Sounds great Foxy thanks for taking time to write a review for us. Saw Stevie on the jonathon ross show last night and loved his performance at the end especially of Sir Duke.

Does anyone have the interview with Stevie on Jonathan Ross?

Stevie on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross

nice one, Foxy.

-------

i'm surprised no one on the net uploaded the full 35 minutes of Stevie-time on Jonathan Ross.

i've edited this from UKNOVA's rip of the whole show to include only Stevie's interview and performance. Stevie was hilarious, and i can't believe he gave Ross a harmonica LOL doesn't deserve it.

anyway, we can't let anything overshadow the outstanding performance. seems he continued the high from his gigs.

FNWJR1209083.jpg

FNWJR1209084.jpg

Download:

Megaupload

or

RapidShare part 1, part 2

Size: 340MB
Duration: 35 mins
Format: MPEG-2
Res: 640 x 352

Getting an Hermonica of Stevie is like getting a Rhinestone glove of Michael Jackson

Back