Stevie Wonder receives White House award - should Michael be next?

MJ has so many awards....it´s time for him to do something new. Then if its good he will get alot of awards. stop living in the past!

Congrats to Stevie.
I saw a small snippet on the (uk)news yesterday evening, Barack Obama was giving Stevie a hug and they where both looking real fine. It was a lovely picture. As for Michael, he has so many awards no wonder he is having to auction off some of his stuff cuz he surely has run out of room. Im not hung up about whether Michael gets a presidential award, but it would be good to see these two hugely influential black men together.
Maybe Obama's smarting cuz MJ wouldn't sing at his inaugeration, hehe

dont even know what the award is so dont really care.last time i looked the presidents office didnt have much to do with music and awards. good bit or P.R for all involved nothing much more

Again, this has nothing to do with the White House or the President.

The Library Of Congress awarded Stevie Wonder this award based on his music and contribution to popular music. Think of it like Dorothy's slippers from the Wizard Of Oz being on display at the Smithsonian. It's a way of the U.S. honoring great artists.

Because Stevie was involved in the campaign, they decided to have the ceremony at the White House. That's all. It's not a Presidential Award. It's not a White House Award. It's the Gershwin Award For Popular Song. It's only the second time it's been given out, and the first recipient was Paul Simon.

I think it's a fine honor. And maybe MJ will get it one day.

Yep, it was just an honor on top of an honor. And MJ is a great artist. If he's awarded this prize in the future, cool. If not, it means nothing in the long run... he has enough awards on his table.

How about we hope for Stevie and MJ on the same stage at some point in the future? That's what I want.

Back