Stevie Wonder Pays Tribute To Michael Jackson *Merged*

FedoraHatGirl2058

Proud Member
Stevie Wonder Pays Tribute To Michael Jackson

stevie_wonder_937480271.jpg
Stevie Wonder

27/06/2010 Stevie Wonder paid tribute to Michael Jackson during his headlining performance at the Hard Rock Calling festival last night (26.06.10).
The soul legend changed the lyrics to his hit 'Master Blaster (Jammin’)' to "We love you Michael Jackson" asking the 50,000 people in London's Hyde Park to do the same.
Stevie also performed a rendition of his late friend and one-time Motown label mate Michael's song 'Human Nature' on which he played harmonica.
The concert took place a day after the first anniversary of the King of Pop's death on Friday (25.06.10).
Stevie, 60, mesmerised the huge crowd on a sun-drenched evening in the UK capital with a selection of hits from his phenomenal career which has spanned five decades.
The crowd joined in for a mass sing-a-long when Stevie covered The Temptations hit 'My Girl' and fans joined in on vocals for several other tracks including a cover of The Beatles’ 'We Can Work It Out' and an electric rendition of 'Signed, Sealed, Delivered'.
Other set highlights included 'Superstition', ‘Isn’t She Lovely’, ‘Uptight (Everything's Alright)’, 'For Once In My Life' and ‘Happy Birthday’.
Earlier in the evening, Jamiroquai entertained the crowd with a set heavy with hits, while Corinne Bailey Rae and James Morrison also performed.
Sir Paul McCartney headlines the final day of Hard Rock Calling tonight (27.06.10), while Stevie will close the Glastonbury Festival this evening.

http://www.musicrooms.net/rock-and-pop/9905-Stevie-Wonder-Pays-Tribute-Michael-Jackson.html

Re: Stevie Wonder Pays Tribute To Michael Jackson

Stevie is a TRUE genius, i always say real geniuses are the ones able to admit genius in other than themselves, and Stevie is just like Michael humble and just a MUSICAL GENIUS :bow: to both of them

Love you STEVIE and thank you :flowers:

Very sweet. Stevie is such a great man and a true legend. He really loves Michael.
I would love to hear his rendition of Human Nature, I'm sure it's lovely.

I love Stevie. He was such a good friend to Michael. One of the very few who always stood by him.

Kinda surprised he didn't perform "I Can't Help It".

Just watch it , its amazing.. we love you stevie youre the wonderman!

This is one of my favortie songs. Amazing. Brought tears to my eyes, especially when the crowd started to sing. :cry: I know Michael was smiling and singing with them. Thank you, Stevie.

There is just something about seeing Michael being honored that brings the tears flowing for me. It's just very touching.

"We love you Michael Jackson" - Stevie Wonder

I was at Hyde Park last night for Stevie Wonder's show.

It's great when you capture something like this on camera. Especially when I was just filming his second song because it's one of my favourites. And then he got the 50,000 strong crowd to sing along with him "We love you Michael Jackson, thank you for the music Michael". Was a fantastic night, still shattered, but worth every second. LOVE STEVIE WONDER.

You might hear me singing along. F*** it, I was emotional :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkhn8YyytuM&feature=youtube_gdata

Re: "We love you Michael Jackson" - Stevie Wonder

He did that last night too. Love him.

That is amazing! He's just right into it...giving Michael the L.O.V.E. Love ya Stevie! Thanks for posting! D

I love Stevie! :heart:
Thanks for posting!

nice of Stevie

I love Stevie. That's so amazing.
A legend honoring a legend. :heart:

Very emotional. To think he knew Michael Jackson the day the Jackson 5 walked into Motown.

Continued love and appreciation to Stevie!:clapping:

What a special guy! Love you, Stevie!:wub:

He did a similar performance at the O2 in Dublin on the 24th :) people were singing along to him as well.It was a great trubute esp the part when Stevie sang a bit of it. Here is a clip of that performance

Last edited:

I was there, he was amazing!! The MJ tribute was great

hahah as soon as stevie comes on..he mentions mj and say's tonight is a tribute to him..How many other geniuses do that..He is unique and TRUELY loved mj and knew his heart better than most..Because he eard him and didn't base views on perceptions...The voice is a powerful thing..People say the eyes are windown to soul..But so it the voice imo

I was there yesterday and he was amazing, simply amazing. You can tell how much he loves Michael and I was shouting 'We love Michael Jackson' at the top of my lungs. As mentioned there was the Human Nature tribute and also when he perfomed 'Happy Birthday' there was a picture of Michael on the screen with Stevie saying how we should be celebrating the day when Michael came into the world. It was amazing.

Wow Stevie is definitely a living legend and my second favourite artist in the whole entire world after Michael.

I love this man. What a special soul. :heart: I watched him at Glastonbury and it was AMAZING. He is magnetic, charismatic, incredibly talented, humane, full of love and joy..what is there not to love. Amazing.

He did a similar performance at the O2 in Dublin on the 24th :) people were singing along to him as well.It was a great trubute esp the part when Stevie sang a bit of it. Here is a clip of that performance

I was there, he was amazing!! The MJ tribute was great
Im sure it was

Back