Spike Lee's Brooklyn Block Party for Michael!

Spike Lee directed my favorite movie ever Crooklyn, very talented filmaker, he did a wonderful job honoring Michael

edd1.jpg

edd2.jpg

edd3.jpg

edd4.jpg

I'm in New York City

I could have been there; now I must live with regret :(

Props to Spike for putting this on. I'm glad there was such a great turnout.

This was well organized and attended. Its kind of weird that I didn't hear this announced at all. Maybe it was announced on the radio stations but I only listen to wlib so I must have missed the announcements. Can u imagine if it were more publicized?

Did yall hear that? TEN THOUSAND PEOPLE showed up! Man, Brooklyn is gonna be Michael's Woodstock!

And yes, Spike Lee is gonna do this every year. He already said he wants it to be an annual event. After a while, they are gonna rename that subway after him....the one where he and Scorsese filmed BAD.

Yesssss.

You just made my night. I have been kicking my self for missing this all weekend. I\\

I am soooo happy. Yes, Yes, Yes.....

I will most definitely be there next year.

This was well organized and attended. Its kind of weird that I didn't hear this announced at all. Maybe it was announced on the radio stations but I only listen to wlib so I must have missed the announcements. Can u imagine if it were more publicized?

You didn't hear anything? I heard about it at least a week ago, if not more.. I wanna say about two weeks before it was to take place.. it was all over Facebook, Twitter and the internet... the NY Times, the Post, the Daily News, blogs... and I don't listen to the radio AT ALL. Dr Bob Lee from BLS/LIB was there, he even asked me to do like a little thing with him on the radio about why I came out that day.

I'm working on a vid of some photos and videos that I took, I'll post it here when I'm done with it...

yea i was there and i have to say that i had an amazing time!! it felt like michael mania in brooklyn... im really greatful that spike threw a party for Mike, much props to him for that !! i was tearing up a bit when they started playing "I'll Be There", but yea it was definitely good vibes with nice people from all over the world, i also thought it was cool when butterflies started to appear when the song "butterflies" came on. I will put up some pics when i have the time

God bless Spike for doing this. I just wish I could have been there. If he does it next year, I will be front and center, God willing :D

we had a thread up in mjjc for weeks! http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73784

it was well publicized. they had to move the event because they were expecting 2,000 at first then realized it would be 10,000!

I actually see me in some of her vids! Too funny!

:lol: guuuuurl i see you swervin to WDAN -- i haven't found myself in those vids yet.

i've uploaded my footage but i've to edit it. so stay tuned, all!

finally, prehensile, if you're reading this: get over yourself, you are too old. thanks.

Glad everyone had a good time and that Spike will continue with it, it's a great tribute to Michael...10,000...sweet! Wonder how many it'll be next year...lol Butterflies during "Butterflies". Perfect timing!:winking2:

That was just amazing to watch those videos of that party. It brought tears to my eyes. I dont think Mike knew he was as loved as he really was.

Back