Spike Lee will premiere the new 'This is it' video on Thur Dec.10th@7PM [Merged] With Youtube link

How come this isn't get promo on MJ's official site? Such a shame as it's a very touching and powerful tribute? I assume it is "official" otherwise how did Spike get clearance to use the song?

Re: Spike Lee will premiere the new 'This is it' video today

Of course not, this song was recorded almost 30 years ago. The estate executors couldnt believe their luck when they found a song called "This Is It", according to themselves, that was the only reason why they chose this song to add to the TII soundrack/Greatest Hits no other reason.
So its safe to say Michael had recorded this song while being in his early 20s and then forget all about it, neither did he have any intentions to re-record and release this.
url] [/QUOTE] I do not think this...s. PS.The video is amazing! Thanx Spike Lee.

Last edited:
The Legacy Project sent Mr Lee a thank you letter for all he has done to honour Michael's legacy.

He sent us a lovely response and gave his permission for us to share it with the general membership!

Thank you very much for your kind words. I love MJ like the Billions around the world. Please feel free to send my THIS IS IT to the 4 Corners of The World. I however am not doing a Documentary on MJ (YET) Ha Ha. Please also spread the word we will be having our 2nd MJ BLOCK PARTY on his Birthdate August 29th,2010 which is a Sunday in Prospect Park in the Great Republic of BROOKLYN,NY. Last year we had 20,000 and we want to have more. We want Michael Joe Jackson to hear us in Brooklyn, we want to let him know in Heaven we will be Singing and Dancing,Celebrating his life,his music and his legacy. August 29th,2010 is right around the corner. Peace,Spike Lee.
Thank you. Spizike

The Legacy Project sent Mr Lee a thank you letter for all he has done to honour Michael's legacy.

He sent us a lovely response and gave his permission for us to share it with the general membership!

Thank you very much for your kind words. I love MJ like the Billions around the world. Please feel free to send my THIS IS IT to the 4 Corners of The World. I however am not doing a Documentary on MJ (YET) Ha Ha. Please also spread the word we will be having our 2nd MJ BLOCK PARTY on his Birthdate August 29th,2010 which is a Sunday in Prospect Park in the Great Republic of BROOKLYN,NY. Last year we had 20,000 and we want to have more. We want Michael Joe Jackson to hear us in Brooklyn, we want to let him know in Heaven we will be Singing and Dancing,Celebrating his life,his music and his legacy. August 29th,2010 is right around the corner. Peace,Spike Lee.
Thank you. Spizike

Good to see there are plans for this celebration again. It was poignant, celebratory, fun and moving. Also exhausting and hot as heck that day but I'm glad I was a part of it.

SPIKE LEE IS A GENIUS, i love his Crooklyn movie, its my favorite movie.

I just could not stop they tears in the part where Michael handwriting is shown from when he was just a little kid :cry: "My name is Michael Joseph Jackson" :boohoo: he knew nothing about the world at that time.

Spike: we LOVE YOU!!!!, you are a genius with a sensitivity that is easy to find in this world and that is what makes you a genius director, God bless you.

Thank you. Spizike
Oh! he is a wonderful man, God Bless him

Back