Spike Lee will premiere the new 'This is it' video on Thur Dec.10th@7PM [Merged] With Youtube link

Re: Spike Lee will premiere the new 'This is it' video on Thur Dec. 10th @ 7PM

It's beautiful, but the whole time all I kept thinking was... why did it take him having to pass away... for all these wonderful things to be made about him?

Why not when he was alive?? :cry:

beautiful ...brings tears to our eyes ...

Oh My God...I am crying again...anyone where can I buy this...I need to save this ...to show it to my kids one day..

This clip brought on varied emotions for me. I smiled at his amazing inner beauty. I swooned over his physical beauty. I teared up realizing once again that this amazing person is no longer here, and the impact his death has made. I believe Spike did a great job by focusing on Michael's roots, that being his humble beginnings, and the emphasis on African-Americans and their tremendous love for a man that was PROUD of who he was, a fellow African-American.

It's beautiful, but the whole time all I kept thinking was... why did it take him having to pass away... for all these wonderful things to be made about him?

Why not when he was alive?? :cry:

I think it's because people do not appreciate what they have until it's gone...

I always fantasized that if I was a Hollywood director I would have my main character be a hardcore Michael Jackson fan.

It's like as if Bella from Twilight is sitting in her room waiting for Edward and they show her room and the walls are covered with Michael Jackson posters. :D

That would be such a cool and subtle tribute and make people feel that it's OK to be a fan, which of course it is, but media have tried so mercilessly to make people feel bad about it.

Anyways, nice tribute from Spike Lee, especially the ending!

I have tried to post the video on facebook.
How does that work. It used to be so easy if you had this application which now I can't find. Have they removed it?

Thanks!

HOT DAMN!! I said I was through crying.. damn you Spike u got me, damn u got me.. That was lovely.. Man I didn't want to cry, but I did.. Spike is a true fan, he leaves out the BS and focuses on MJ the artist, I wish others would take note... Spike is epic in my book, when it comes to honoring the greats.

Spike Lee captured the very essence of Michael Jackson's life, soul and how he affected millions the world over. Very moving and touching tribute. I can't wait for his documentary on MJ!

I was ok until the last minute. Then the tears starting flowing. Michael, why couldn't they appreciate you when you were alive instead of trying to bring you down? I said to someone during the trial when you were mocking and criticising him was 'Michael is innocent and will be found innocent. And hopefully this is wont be for a very, very long time but the day he passes the whole world will go into mourning him and will celebrate him.' I just wish all of what I said could have been true :cry:

wow that was very nice and touching, good job Spike Lee

Oh my! I love it. The ending is just brilliant. Great job.
Oh, Michael, you will always be missed :weeping:

Oww it's beautiful! :'(

Thank you Spike

Oh it's so beautiful. Had me in tears. :cry:

Wonderful job, Spike Lee.

I've just watched the vid through the youtube link posted. As I was about to log in "Wow! Here it is!"
This clip brought on varied emotions for me. I smiled at his amazing inner beauty. I swooned over his physical beauty. I teared up realizing once again that this amazing person is no longer here, and the impact his death has made. I believe Spike did a great job by focusing on Michael's roots, that being his humble beginnings, and the emphasis on African-Americans and their tremendous love for a man that was PROUD of who he was, a fellow African-American.
Great post. I too feel Spike focused a lot on the humble beginnings in Gary, Indiana. Way before all the glory, fame, fortune came. Also, Mike had childhood there even though he must have not clearly remembered much of it. That's one of the reasons Gary has a special place in my heart, like my 2nd hometown!

Yeah Spike was representing bigtime. The Apollo shot, the Brooklyn party he threw, the black people gathered around the house in Gary...Those shots makes you feel he did put Michael's roots into the spotlight. Knowing this video will be watched by people from all races and all walks of life, he wanted to make sure to show the pride to the fullest.

I know many African-Americans are proud of MJ. . I hope those who still think "MJ was a sell-out/He wanted to be white so bad/He don't care about black people/etc." realize that's not true. Even when I was not a fan, hearing those remarks hurt me a lot.

Spike Lee captured the very essence of Michael Jackson's life, soul and how he affected millions the world over. Very moving and touching tribute. I can't wait for his documentary on MJ!
Co-sign. I knew he would do something fantastic when I heard the news about the vid. The documentary will be even more amazing.

Thank you Spike:yes::):clapping:

amazing... I actually like the song much more now :p

So beautiful!! Thank you Spike!
There will NEVER.. EVER be another Michael Jackson! NEVER...
We miss you Mike.

thank you Spike, it's beautiful.

I miss Michael...

he did a really beautiful video.. speechless... and the ending is touching :cry: thank you for the video.

I'm torn to pieces my heart, my love, my life Michael!!!

The video is now on Spike Lee's website.

http://www.40acres.com/

Please don't forget to watch it on his website. Let's support Spike Lee so he can continue doing great things for MJ's legacy.
Thank you!

I'm with you guys, it's beautiful.. loved it. Miss you Mike :heart:

So beautiful!
Is that a official videoclip that will be shown on music channels in TV?

The video is now on Spike Lee's website.

http://www.40acres.com/

Please don't forget to watch it on his website. Let's support Spike Lee so he can continue doing great things for MJ's legacy.

You can send him a thank you note on twitter.

www.twitter.com/@40acresBrooklyn

Aww man! That was really great!
So many great memories throughout the entire clip.
Sad ones too. :cry:
Thank you Spike, for putting together a wonderful MJ tribute.
I miss him even more.

thank you very much for posting this link. i never heard about this. it's really a very beautiful short film. thanks spike lee! :yes: :)

Well, that just made my night. Worth every single buffer of my slow internet.

Thank you Spike :)

LOVED the "This Is It STOP Hatin' " stop sign :D

Thank you guys!! This video is wonderful...it made me cry :'(

I have a question...Do you know if it will be broadcast on TV?? For example on MTV...?

I love you Michael

Last edited:

wow that was heartbreaking to watch,
well done spike!

The most beautiful tribute video I'v seen yet!...damn here I go again:cry:

Yeah Spike was representing bigtime. The Apollo shot, the Brooklyn party he threw, the black people gathered around the house in Gary...Those shots makes you feel he did put Michael's roots into the spotlight. Knowing this video will be watched by people from all races and all walks of life, he wanted to make sure to show the pride to the fullest.

I know many African-Americans are proud of MJ. . I hope those who still think "MJ was a sell-out/He wanted to be white so bad/He don't care about black people/etc." realize that's not true. Even when I was not a fan, hearing those remarks hurt me a lot.

Thank you Spike:yes::):clapping:

Agreed. I am African-American and I too hated when some people would call him a sell out. People can be so ignorant. I know they felt dumb when Michael admitted to having Vitiligo. If I suffered from vitiligo and had as much money as Mike, I too would go through treatment to make my skin more uniform. You're in the spotlight 24/7 and no one wants to have to constantly cover up discoloration if it's all over your body and getting worse. And about him changing his nose, well the person who first picked on him about his nose was his own father. Your own father!! Talk about chipping away at what little bit of self-esteem you have. *sigh* My own af. american friend got nose surgery because her nose was constantly made fun of when she was a child too. Michael didn't always have constant encouragement of how wonderful and handsome he was, when he was young. People fail to remember his childhood. Since Michael, I try my best to not be so quick to judge someone based on their actions. You truly do not know what a person has gone through until you hear their story.

Back