Spike Lee To Hold MJ BDay Celebration In NYC!

hmm...gotta get from 7th ave and 28th st to brooklyn...and Prospect Park.

Anybody know the subway or train to take??

I am really thinking about taking the bus D.C. to NY for one day just to go to the celebration! OOOoo I can't wait! Maybe later at night we can all hit up the Nokia theatre in Manhattan for Q-Tip and DJ spinnas other celebration! We'll be all over NY supporting MJ lol.

lol Mjjfan4ever we should do the beat it dance in D.C. haha!!!!! We should invade the national mall or in front of the white house to get some media attention lol. D.C. folk I know some cheap buses to NYC for like 20 dollars. I think we should meet up together!

Hey girl!! I wish I could go. Sounds like fun, but since It's my b-day too, I gotta stay around these parts.

Hey Genie! Since we are getting off at Penn Station we can walk a couple blocks to broadway/herald square and take the Q train straight to Prospect Park.

im a native nycer guys.... i'll be there for the prospect partk event and for q-tips afterparty!!!!!

Geenie are you still coming back the same night? I still might go but if sooo..I have to meet you and stick with you all like glue..cause I don't know NYC..lol.

I'm still trying to find someone to teach my class on Sat..lol. So I'm gonna let MJJFanForever know this evening..and if I can..then I will buy my bus tix.

I'm still going...I will be at the H st parking lot in DC at 5:45 the bus leaves at 6:15...

I am leaving the same night (for now lol)

So I hope to see ya'll there MjsAngel and Mjjforever

hey just a question since your from NY,you know if its easy to find parking space around prospect park ? l

10,000 people are expected to attend. i suggest taking the train. :) the parking around prospect park is only so-so.

I hope it doesnt rain tomorrow!!!!

it rained today, so prepare for it to rain tomorrow. dress accordingly!

I'm still going...I will be at the H st parking lot in DC at 5:45 the bus leaves at 6:15...

I am leaving the same night (for now lol)

So I hope to see ya'll there MjsAngel and Mjjforever

Hey Girly,

I decided not to go cause it was hard to find someone to sub my dance class and I'm having issues with the gym manager there..so I'm just gonna go to the State Theater Dance Party here tomorrow night. Have fun and I will see you guys at the Black Cat for The MJ VS. Prince party for sure!:cheeky:

10,000 people are expected to attend. i suggest taking the train. :) the parking around prospect park is only so-so.

it rained today, so prepare for it to rain tomorrow. dress accordingly!

true ! guess i will take the train then just in case thanks for the advice :)

Ugh, it's still raining. I wish the wheather was better, but I'm still going. Rain or shine, I will be there.

i will be there too, i would love to meet one or two of you at penn station or somewhere... :)
if not, see you at prospect park

I was there for much of it. It was great. The weather was not bad at all. I did not get to meet any MJJCers, though.

I went today too, for the second half. It was really nice and the weather held out, only lightly raining for a few minutes. The DJ played great MJ tunes (focusing on the earlier stuff, though I was really happy to hear "You Rock My World"!) and people were really into it. And there were lots of people there... though it's hard to say how many exactly, it was definitely in the thousands. Sometimes I forget how many people love Michael because my own appreciation for him often feels so private! But it was great to share the vibe with other fans and appreciators.

The event was way too large to actually meet up with people unless you had a specific plan/meeting place set up, so I didn't get to meet any MJJCers either. Maybe if people want we could do something more intimate some other time?

I took a few photos of the crowd and can post them if people are interested.

Anyone else make it out?

I got there around 12:30. I even got to be on the radio, one of the local DJs asked me to do a little radio piece over the phone about why I decided to come out for Michael's bday.

Had a great time! The rain was a bit of a deterrent, but I'm glad I decided to head out anyway. LOTS of ppl were there, and yes, it was nice to actually be out in public with my love and appreciation for Michael instead of being all In The Closet like I usually am. Lots of early music Jackson 5/Jacksons stuff and of course, OTW, Thriller, Bad. A few Dangerous tunes and You Rock My World and Butterflies from Invincible IIRC. I can't be sure, but I think someone even released butterflies when they played Butterflies. Either that or butterflies just happened to show up at the right time. :lol:

There were a few Michael impersonators. Most of them looked a hot mess, but I gotta give them props for coming out and showing love to Mike.

The ended the event with a karaoke edition of MITM which was really nice. Just a whole bunch of ppl swaying and singing. Very very cool.

I am now exhausted from all that standing and dancing and swatting bees and dragonflies.

Oh! and :hug: Two my two superstars!

I got there around 12:30. I even got to be on the radio, one of the local DJs asked me to do a little radio piece over the phone about why I decided to come out for Michael's bday.

Had a great time! The rain was a bit of a deterrent, but I'm glad I decided to head out anyway. LOTS of ppl were there, and yes, it was nice to actually be out in public with my love and appreciation for Michael instead of being all In The Closet like I usually am. Lots of early music Jackson 5/Jacksons stuff and of course, OTW, Thriller, Bad. A few Dangerous tunes and You Rock My World and Butterflies from Invincible IIRC. I can't be sure, but I think someone even released butterflies when they played Butterflies. Either that or butterflies just happened to show up at the right time. :lol:

There were a few Michael impersonators. Most of them looked a hot mess, but I gotta give them props for coming out and showing love to Mike.

The ended the event with a karaoke edition of MITM which was really nice. Just a whole bunch of ppl swaying and singing. Very very cool.

I am now exhausted from all that standing and dancing and swatting bees and dragonflies.

well my main boo right here recapped a lot of it. i was there for the whole thing and we were all at the front. they brought out a birthday cake and none of us got to eat it. typical! damn. i shot a lot of footage so i'll put it together.. sometime, lol. i don't know when yet.

also, did we see andy roser?! is he the tall bloke with red hair wearing the mardi gras beads? :lol: i tried to rep my mjjc!

HEY YA'LL!!

I just got back! It was fun fun!! Like an outdoor concert! and yeah Heartbreak you recapped alot of it.

The cake looked delicious! Rev Sharpton represented with his speech, it rained but cleared up later on. There were a lot of people there, when i first got there there was a photographer taking pics of peoples MJ shirts, and he took a pic of mine! I wonder what it will be used for?

I'm tired and my feet are swolled lol...going to sleep

HEY YA'LL!!

I just got back! It was fun fun!! Like an outdoor concert! and yeah Heartbreak you recapped alot of it.

The cake looked delicious! Rev Sharpton represented with his speech, it rained but cleared up later on. There were a lot of people there, when i first got there there was a photographer taking pics of peoples MJ shirts, and he took a pic of mine! I wonder what it will be used for?

I'm tired and my feet are swolled lol...going to sleep

Yay! Glad you had fun girly! Pics! Hehe! I just got back from the Birthday Celebration at the State Theater for MJ and my feet hurt too! I go to bed now as well! Can't wait too boogie with you this weekend! hehe!:D

Pretty much sums it all up right there! :yes:

Those dragonflies were...:bugeyed At least you had others to protect you. haha
well my main boo right here recapped a lot of it. i was there for the whole thing and we were all at the front. they brought out a birthday cake and none of us got to eat it. typical! damn. i shot a lot of footage so i'll put it together.. sometime, lol. i don't know when yet.

also, did we see andy roser?! is he the tall bloke with red hair wearing the mardi gras beads? :lol: i tried to rep my mjjc!
I hope you're feeling better, no Bucharest stretchers. You gotta post ittt! Still kind of sad we didn't get a group shot... :(

But yeah, it was a fun adventure for me since it was only my second time going to the city. It was really nice to sing every OW and HEE HEE on point with other people who also know every word down to the exact enunciation. It was like, aw, finally, around my own kind. hehe :wub:

If this does become an annual thing I'll be there.

\when i first got there there was a photographer taking pics of peoples MJ shirts, and he took a pic of mine! I wonder what it will be used for?
Me too! He took a picture of my shirt, and I wonder where it will end up. I think someone also filmed my feet when I was dancing.

Those dragonflies were...:bugeyed At least you had others to protect you. haha
I've never seen so many dragonflies in one place before. They all flew too high above where I was to be a problem, though.

London - I've been looking for this. I knew you wouldn't let us down.

Wonderful job, girl - loving the gang of 4 dancing to "ease on down the road" and the little kids dancing (so cute). Looks like you all had a fantastic time.

Great to see all you Appleheads representing for Mjjc - hope they do it next year!!

Back