Spike Lee To Hold MJ BDay Celebration In NYC!

what we doing? I'm late? what's going on? hehe Somebody call me please?

and MJJFan..I have to teach you the look. He would have never even made it to the laughing part! lol! :mello: Glad you showed him the business!:D

Ok so its on then??

Megabus.com leaving at 6:15a.m. from the H street parking lot to penn station ny arriving at 10:45am .....ok when are we coming back? the last bus leaves at 10:30, there is also a 9:00 and 8:00p.m.?

if it is fine with everyone... i am going to buy the 6:15 am and we should prob head back at 10:30 ??? to be safe???
i'll buy my ticket tomorrow morning... so you all let me know.... I guess right now it is

Genie....MJsAngel....MJMusicKIng, and me....

Ok so its on then??

Megabus.com leaving at 6:15a.m. from the H street parking lot to penn station ny arriving at 10:45am .....ok when are we coming back? the last bus leaves at 10:30, there is also a 9:00 and 8:00p.m.?

haha i love how us D.C. folk overtook the whole thread. If we have to leave at 6:15 then damn I'm gonna have to get up at 4:30 am to get ready. I don't know about you guys but I am going to have to leave early like 8:00 so I can be back by midnight or so. I'm going to buy my ticket soon.

Okies..is there a link for the bus ticket? and can someone give me the time we meet? and where.. Y'all got look out for me cause I scared! hehe. Whoo Hoo! Even though I travel abroad..lol. I do better with foreign countries..don't know why.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
moved to [highlight]PROSPECT PARK[/highlight]

SpikeLeeprospect.jpg

It is official: Spike Lee’s party in honor of Michael Jackson’s birthday will be held in Brooklyn, but in PROSPECT PARK, not in Fort Greene Park.

The party will take place at the Nethermead, a meadow in the center of Prospect Park, according to an e-mail message from a city official on Friday.

The date, Aug. 29, which would have been the singer’s 51st birthday, and the time, from noon to 5 p.m., remain unchanged.

The decision to move the party came after several days of discussion on the wisdom of holding it in the 30-acre Fort Greene Park because of the large number of people expected.

Prospect Park is about 18 times bigger.

(SOURCE: New York Times)

Additional information from Huffington Post:

The event's original permit envisioned 2,000 people attending. But because of nationwide publicity, organizers now expect the crowd to exceed 10,000.

^_^​

was too lazy to start my own thread, lol, but for any other NYCers interested (or if andyroser wants another NYC event to attend :lol:)

MJLincolnCenter.jpg

KEEP MOVING: Michael Jackson’s Video Art at LINCOLN CENTER The Walter Reade Theater will hold a special screening of MJ's short films (plus commentary from cultural critic and author Armond White) on the big screen starting at 6:00PM on Sunday, August 30. Tickets are $11 for the general public and are on sale now. For more information, visit the event page at the Film Society of Lincoln Center.

^_^​

Last edited:
Is there any meet-up location for MJJC-ers? Anyone definitely going? Just curious... I would like to go to the Prospect Park party!

I am definitely going...I am leaving from DC H street Parking lot at 6:15 to NY baby!!

I am leaving on the last bus to DC at 10:30 from the Penn station 31st street and 8th ave.

Prospect Park....taking note.

how about... 9.30 33street where the Q subway is... we have to take this one anyway...
i'm from NY, so anyone who wants to come... i'm there at this time

I'll probably be only heading to Prospect Park on the day, anything else will be too much. :(

guys this sounds fantastic. Please take photos/videos and post them so we can all see.

I was looking into flying over for a few days to go to this but I have to attend a hospital seminar on 31st, but I was quite jealous of you all.

Some great tributes are going on in London tho. I got tickets for this:

http://www.jazzcafelive.com/newsandevents/templates/bookings.aspx?articleid=708&zoneid=3

Phonte Coleman is instrumental in organising this, he posted brilliant essay in his blog on myspace about MJ - if you haven't read it heres the link

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm...ogld=497728302

Anyway, hope you all have a great time and enjoy yourselves, wish I could be 2 places at once.

sorry... mean 11.30am at the subway station :)

someone's comin...?

Last edited:
Hey Guys!! This sounds like a great plan. I'm going to try and shuffle my work schedule so that I can attend....but just a heads up I may be booking a hotel room Sat night if anyone needs a place to crash :)

I'm coming!! :girl_happy: ...all by myself too. Still haven't figured out what I want to wear.

Checked the weather and there's a 30% chance of rain expected...I hope it's a nice day but it would be amaaaazing if there was a rainbow or something. ^_^

Back