Songs you never liked at first but ended up loving

Stranger in Moscow, I dont what came over me when I first heard it, :lol: :lol: But now I think it's one of his best songs ever :punk: :punk:

This is a great topic for a thread...some songs just take a while to grow on you.

Mine are:

Blood on the dance floor
Childhood (I know, crazy right?)
Dirty Diana (even crazier, right?)
Liberian Girl (OK, I still don't like it much)
Morphine (Again...still don't like it much)

Maybe I'll post more later :D

Lady in my life
Another part of me
I just can't stop loving you
Childhood
She's out of my life

But now I like them all :)

Last edited:
The lady in my life
Baby be mine
Childhood
Little Susie
Morphine

I luv this songs now.

i HATED...well didnt hate but i really cudnt stand Heal the World lol idk y..but i love it now. And im still scared of little susie...oh and i didnt like money but now i looooove it

i HATED...well didnt hate but i really cudnt stand Heal the World lol idk y..but i love it now. And im still scared of little susie...oh and i didnt like money but now i looooove it

this song is so sad that I am not able to listen to it too often
:(

^^ I have to confess :blush: I've never listened to Little Susie entirely, I just hate it, I'm sorry.

Last edited:
Why, ALL OF A SUDDEN, can't I "stop loving" "I Just Can't Stop Loving You"?!!

I'm OBSESSED with this song lately for some reason and I never really liked it before!

:p

I didn't like alot of MJ's slower songs when I was younger such as Stranger In Moscow, Will You Be There and Childhood cos when I was younger I only ever really listened to up tempo songs and just skipped past the slow songs. However as I got older I started to give some of his slower songs a chance and love them more than ever.

heal the world

dont stop til you get enough

wanna be startin somthing...its a great song but i only really like the end of it.

actually the first two im still not into. lol

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum...:)

I have another one, In The Closet...I didn't liked the video either. Crazy isn't it?

Well I dont listen to Thriller album version much, but the video version of it rocks lol :lol: The beat's awesome!

mines gotta be Stranger In Moscow, I always use to skip this one, i just thought it was boring...
BUT now its 1 of my fav's( my most listened to MJ song). Funny how time changes ones music taste.

I have to add Dont stop til u get enough to the list :D!
I know it sounds crazy but I didnt like it at all at first listen :(. I've been listening to it nonstop for some time now :lol: :lol:

D.S.Scream Louder (BODF album)Monkey Business (The ultimate collection)Streetwalker (Bad)these songs I've grown to love now, I'll add more sooon.

The entire second disc of History applies to this thread, minus "You Are Not Alone" which I always enjoyed and "Little Susie", "Smile" and "Childhood" which I don't care much for to this day. Big risks for him and they show off his great voice, but they're not my cup of tea.

But most of the other songs grew more and more on me with each listen. Awesome and underrated disc.

I hate to admit it, but it took me awhile to like most of the 'off the wall album'. Now its one of my faves :wub:

Last edited:
Back