so who's gonna watch the new lady gaga and beyonce video

IMHO....all I can say is....Terrible.....I think that GAGA came across as a skank. I think it lacked any class what so ever. If that is the kind of video that she want's to be known for (that seems to be her thing) then so be it. I think it is to bad because I think she could do alot better...she has talent she is just not living up to her potential.

O...M....G.... :lol: this video. How many of you tried to count the number of cliches used in this. ..And the 'imitation' of other artists - I could see Grace Jones..Cher..Amy Winehouse,there's more. :lmao: This also reminds me of a bite from an older cheese 'fantasy' movie about so called 'hot chicks' in prison together' Barf I say not because I have anything agaisnt anyone's sexual preference,but because it's done in a tasteless way. My tongue has lost it's senses. Plus all the advertisment endorsment i.e Virgin Mobile. Someone watching would think that somebody has taken too much LSD or X in place of natural creative vision. What is Gaga & Beyonce's 'powehouse' duo's target audience age group? This is a bit extreme doncha think..This coming from someone who digs extreme too :lol: Maybe I'll watch it again :8-25-03tv_horror: Wonder if my eye sockets will catch fire. ;)
Lets highlight... LMAO- Cliche - Imitation - Bite - Cheese - Barf - Tasteless - Chang-Ching $$! -Plastic Creativity - Scared for the children viewing.

:rollin: _____ :bugeyed

I'm all for Andy Warhol. Not This type of "Fake Plastic Cheese" She made her 'Controversy' :lol: sadly she left the Magic out of her product

3831045295_4467a9c285.jpg

Last edited:
It was so random. I think she's talented but its just being controversial for the sake of it. People were talking about it as she's so odd and risque.

I'd lie If I said I didn't like it. I thought her costumes were pretty impressive.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised to read the amount of negativity for LGG's new video on this thread, based on the amount of hype it's received. Usually when a newer pop artist receives a lot of hype, I notice a high correlation of criticisms leveled at that artist.

I thought it was a fun, sexy, pop/pulp-oriented video. It seemed feminist, w/ women in power.

The video was supposed to be over the top, like the 'cracked mirror' referenced in LGG's and B's conversation, showing the viewer how ridiculous (broken?) pop culture looks. The video was basically a crazy 'fun-house' vision of culture seen through one of those wacky mirrors. After all the song is about being inundated w/ technology. Lady Gaga pretty much says this herself about the song/video:

"the idea [is] that America is full of young people that are inundated with information and technology . . . [and to] turn [the song/video] into something that was more of a commentary on the kind of country that we are".

As for the bad dancing, it's on purpose and basically making fun of how cliched the bikini-clad choreographed dancing has become in videos.

I guess powerful art evokes a strong reaction in people either way, so it looks like the Lady did her job :)

Interesting.

Right there is loads of hype about this. I haven't heard so much talk about a music video ever (I wasn't around when Thriller was happening :lol:). Whatever peoples opinions are it sure is getting a lot of attention. Its apparently got 8 million and something views on youtube already which is very good apparently.

Not the first time a popstar has purposely caused controversy - look at Madonna, and her Sex book which was banned in Japan.

I still haven't watched it.. maybe I will now...are my eyes going to pop out of my head? Sounds like it according to the reviews here!

Interesting.

Right there is loads of hype about this. I haven't heard so much talk about a music video ever (I wasn't around when Thriller was happening :lol:). Whatever peoples opinions are it sure is getting a lot of attention. Its apparently got 8 million and something views on youtube already which is very good apparently.

Not the first time a popstar has purposely caused controversy - look at Madonna, and her Sex book which was banned in Japan.

I still haven't watched it.. maybe I will now...are my eyes going to pop out of my head? Sounds like it according to the reviews here!

No your eyes won't pop out of your head :lol: It's all hype... tasteless hype.
plastic hype. imho

The video is too provocative but I've got to agree with Michaele above, some of her costumes were impressive & funny. The cigarettes glasses, the telephone hat :lol:

The video is too provocative but I've got to agree with Michaele above, some of her costumes were impressive & funny. The cigarettes glasses, the telephone hat :lol:

Yep, must admit, some of the outfits were good! I liked the cigarette glasses too!

I really liked it. Not the best music video I've ever seen by any means. I'll leave that to the King. :) I'm not sure what she's trying to get at by this video and it didn't make a whole lot of sense, but it was entertaining at least. I don't remember what the last modern music video was that I actually thought was entertaining. I liked all the different costumes too.

I just watched it.

K I don't even know what to say.

Some parts were good.. mostly in the latter part.

The outfits were cool.

There were a lot of references to different things - (some mentioned in the article below.. they mention a reference to Michael, though I missed that).

Ermm..I thought it was kind of boring really(*I don't know if boring is the right word, but I was underwhelmed), not that shocking - apart from when she spreads herself on the prison cell bars but I think its great for her that she can make a joke out of the tabloid junk about her being a hermaphrodite - which can't have been nice for her. If she wants to say a big F u to those who wrote all that then more power to her. Though I don't think this is appropriate for children/young teens to view.

Not much else to say really...all the advertising was annoying, all this attention is a dream for those companies I guess though.

I can't even remember the song...was there one? I hardly noticed the song amongst the video.

They are both talented women. I didn't know Gaga wrote for a whole host of people until I read it today. I like Beyonce but I didn't think this style suited her and I'm not fond that she was a part of it to be honest, it was definitely Haus of Gaga from head to toe. I'm starting to like Gaga, I get the whole 'performance art' where 'Lady Gaga' is a creation, but this video didn't really impress me.

Another article..

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1633858/20100312/lady_gaga.jhtml

281x211.jpg
Lady Gaga in her "Telephone" video

Mar 12 2010 5:04 PM EST
Lady Gaga's 'Telephone' Video: A Pop-Culture Cheat Sheet

From Batman to Quentin Tarantino, we analyze every influence on the epic clip.

By James Montgomery and Eric Ditzian

As soon as Lady Gaga's epic "Telephone" video premiered, her ultra-obsessive fans (not to mention even the most casual of pop-culture observers) began picking it apart, frame by frame. It was a pretty big job.

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
'Telephone' Cheat Sheet Photos
spacer.gif

Because while it's a feast for the eyes, "Telephone" is also a sort of "all-you-can-eat" buffet for those who dine almost exclusively on popular culture, full of nods to cult films and comics, eclectic icons, underground bands and internationally famous pop legends, and even the occasional commercial (there are an awful lot of not-too-discreet product placements sprinkled throughout).
Sorting through it all is a head-spinning experience, which is why we've done all the dirty work for you. Here — after hours spent analyzing each second of the clip until our eyeballs frizzled in our skulls — is our pop-culture cheat sheet for Lady Gaga's "Telephone" video, alphabetized and cross-referenced for your convenience.

"Batman": Classic '60s-era TV series starring Adam West — animated "Smack!" and "Wroom!" graphics call to mind the Dark Knight's "Pow!" and "Zonk!"-assisted fight sequences.
"Caged Heat": Prototypical chicks-in-prison flick. Gaga's schlocky, sexually charged jailhouse is ripped right from this 1974 feast of beefed-up guards, brawling babes and naked flesh.

Captain America & Wonder Woman: Iconic crime-fighting comic book superheroes. Beyoncé's stars-and-stripes uniform during her post-murder-spree dance-sequence riff on the Captain's color scheme and the Woman's silhouette.
Diet Coke: Refreshing, sugar-free carbonated beverage, dangerous when coupled with Mentos. Doubles as Gaga's impromptu hair-curlers during video's "catfight" sequence.
Doom: English crust-punk band that burned brightly from 1987-1990, faded away, then reformed this year. Their logo is visible on Gaga's studded leather jacket during same sequence.
Double-Breasted Drive-Thru: Logo seen on cup in Beyoncé's P---y Wagon. Does not actually exist, though it could be a reference to the "Double D's Drive-Thru" made (somewhat) famous on FunnyOrDie.com.
Germanotta, Natali: Gaga's younger sister. Looks eerily similar to pre-The Fame Gaga. Also looks eerily like a de-thawed Snooki. Appears in the video's prison scenes.
Hermaphrodite: Rumors that Gaga was a hermaphrodite were widespread in 2009. They are jokingly referenced by one of the prison guards who, after stripping Gaga in her jail cell, remarks, "I told you she didn't have a d---."
"High and Dry": Single off Radiohead's 1995 album The Bends. Two videos were filmed for the song, one of which is set in a diner very similar to the one in "Telephone." The fact that death (and contemplative drinking of coffee) is involved in both is also noteworthy.
Jackson, Michael: Late, great King of Pop. Gaga pays tribute to him by breaking into an MJ-esque shuffle after being bailed out of jail.
"Kill Bill": Quentin Tarantino's two-part martial arts epic. Uma Thurman's garish P---y Wagon reappears as Gaga and Beyoncé's getaway mobile.
LaChapelle, David: Photographer/director whose hyper-saturated work is clearly a touchstone for much of the video, particularly the scenes that feature Gaga wrapped in electric-yellow police tape.
Lava: Majestic female Great Dane, sister of the late Rumpus. Both featured prominently in Gaga's "Poker Face" video and Lava has since worked with Gaga in "Bad Romance." She is visible in the diner sequences in "Telephone."
"Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels": Guy Ritchie's stylized take on the crime genre. The quick-cutting, sound effect-heavy diner murder scene is vintage Ritchie.
Madonna: Undisputed pop legend. Gaga has teamed with her in the past (on "Saturday Night Live"), and her short blond tresses in the prison dance sequence seem like a direct homage to Madge's hairstyle in the "Vogue" video.
Meyer, Russ: The campy king of sexploitation cinema. Top-heavy women in lingerie, the mix of female violence and sensuality, the often shoestring-budget aesthetic — all this and more points directly at Meyer.
"Natural Born Killers": Woody Harrelson and Juliette Lewis' serial-killing satire. With the diner's dusty locale, Gaga and Beyoncé's gleeful massacre and the send-up of news media reportage, "NBK" has its bloody fingerprints all over "Telephone."
Page, Bettie: Exotic pinup queen of the 1950s. Her short-banged look is mirrored by Beyoncé in the "Telephone" video (and, for that matter, the "Video Phone" clip too.)
"Pulp Fiction": Quentin Tarantino's Oscar-winning gangland revelation. From the diner setting to the casual "Honey" pet names that Gaga and Beyoncé exchange, Tarantino's 1994 gun-and-drug-soaked adventure pops up again and again in this music video.
Radio KUK: Fictional station heard on the P---y Wagon's radio. Could be an homage to the "Grand Theft Auto" franchise, or KLON radio, the station that makes an appearance on the Queens of the Stone Age's 2007 album Songs for the Deaf. Or we may be reaching a tad.
Rodriguez, Jai: Former "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" culture expert. Makes a cameo as a TV reporter following the carnage inside the diner.
Semi Precious Weapons: Gaga's pals and tourmates. Appear in the diner sequence, where they are poisoned.
"Thelma & Louise": Geena Davis and Susan Sarandon's female-empowerment road movie. As Gaga and Beyoncé clasp hands and drive off into the unknown, there can be no mistaking the allusion to this film's speeding-car-off-a-cliff shocker of an ending.
Twain, Shania: Canadian-born pop-country star. The leopard skin outfit she wears in her "That Don't Impress Me Much" video seems to have directly inspired Gaga's getup towards the end of "Telephone," when she performs in front of the P---y Wagon.
WNS News: Fictional news outlet that employs Jai Rodriguez. Perhaps a nod to New York's famous 1010 WINS news radio station, which Gaga undoubtedly heard every time she leapt into a cab. Then again, perhaps we're reaching here.
Well, did we miss any refererences? What do you think of Lady Gaga's "Telephone" video? Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited:
She made her 'Controversy' :lol: sadly she left the Magic out of her product

This about sums it up.

There were elements in the video that were good but I think she could have took those great elements and made something more artistic and creatively wonderful but seems the controversy was irresistable unfortunately.

this video was utter garbage!! honestly i think both of them are talentless products of consumer culture, nothing inspirational,no message, not real music.....

This is definitely one of the worst things I have ever seen. I'm not even an old person, I'm 21!

Most of Gaga's fans are kids but I wouldn't see any kid watching this video with their parents being around.

Does she like making herself look like an "old person trying to be young", even though she is young.

However, if you listen to the song on its own, its not bad (not brilliant). Her sense of style is too much like Marmite (you either love it, or you hate it), and it's scaring away too many people. Remember, these artist are trying sell their Music in a time when its almost impossible, don't give people another reason not to buy your music.

The song is still very forgetful. Not like the catchy old-skool songs. I just don't see people in the future to look at 2000's music like we see 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's music. As it is, we don't see any replays (on radio or Music Channels) of songs made between 2000 and 2008 (well only a select few). We either get recent music (09-10) or stuff made before the year 2000. It wasn't like that in the 90's.

But why is it that some of today's artists have already got more then 10 Grammy awards when classic artists had to selling music for years before they got their first one? Michael Jackson himself got his first Grammy in 1980. He was recording music since like 1969 and had sold over 100million records before he got his first Grammy (or any major award for that matter).

It just goes to show what a joke the music industry has become.

Gaga is so OVERRATED to me..I just don't understand the hype about her..

Last edited:
hey guys i got a question is this video the sequal to papparazzi? b/c she gets arrested at the end of the (papparazzi) video and does this mean her and beyonce are going to do another video and song since the end credits of telephone said to be continued?

there was so much going on in the video all at once! Not really what I expected it to be, it was funny though

I looooooooooooove it.
& yes it was a sequel to Paparazzi!

sensational video. i dont think a lot of people get that its a complete piss take though. its absolutely brilliant! i love gaga!

Based on these comments I don't intend on seeing this garbage of a video.
I really wish Gaga would disappear some time, like now...this is getting very old.
I just can't believe people really buy into this garbage. Slap in the face to all other artists who have worked their rears off in the past.

This woman is not an artist. She is just a fake persona'd commercially engineered product. Did you see her before all of this fame mess? She looked like one of those regulars from Jersey Shore.
Eww.

The only credibility of talent she possesses is her voice...but who needed her when Cristina Aguilera was singing. There is absolutely nothing new about this joke of a person. really guys lol

Last edited:
Based on these comments I don't intend on seeing this garbage of a video.
I really wish Gaga would disappear some time, like now...this is getting very old.
I just can't believe people really buy into this garbage. Slap in the face to all other artists who have worked their rears off in the past.

This woman is not an artist. She is just a fake persona'd commercially engineered product. Did you see her before all of this fame mess? She looked like one of those regulars from Jersey Shore.
Eww.

The only credibility of talent she possesses is her voice...but who needed her when Cristina Aguilera was singing. There is absolutely nothing new about this joke of a person. really guys lol

That is so judgemental. Why not view it for yourself and see?
and she is one of the hardest women in showbiz if you didn't know. She's been on tour for like 18 month and still going.

No other pop star has made me sit up & listen or take notice more than Gaga for as long as I can remember. I'm not sure if I fully like her or not. I'm a huge Madonna fan and although Gaga is obviously influenced by her & MJ she's very, very good at it.

I'm just unsure if you take away the craziness and circus if the songs stack up and will have the longevity of Holiday, Papa Don't Preach, Like A Prayer etc but she's possibly the most interesting thing in music right now (as well as Beyonce).

Time will tell.

That is so judgemental. Why not view it for yourself and see?
and she is one of the hardest women in showbiz if you didn't know. She's been on tour for like 18 month and still going.
I don't care if I sound judgemental. I don't care if she's been on tour for 18 months...she's not the first and won't be the last either. She doesn't deserve an ounce of my respect, she is no where close to that level with me. She is truly a mockery of true talent.
Now this crappy video I'm hearing about is suddenly the new thriller event???!?
If so, we have reached our end as a society.

This garbage is beyond overatted, all she thrives on is hype. Remove all the makeup, the beyond ridiculous costumes, and oh lets not forget, the FAKE persona, and what are we left with?

Gahh, I hate my generation of music...is this the best Y2K, this millenia can come up with?

Last edited:
Oh hell yes I wacth that 'Telephone' with Lady GaGa & Beyonce. I will have to say it was so funny as heack! Thats all I've to say right about now & I can't tell the rest of it the whole parts in the video. But it was too funny!

Completely out there, crazy, essentric, warped, stylish, trashy, sexy, sleazy, scrappy, insane and utterly cool...just like Gaga herself :p

It's different, she's different. I liked it.

It's ummm... different, to say the least LOL.

Back