smoking

MJ~And~Me

Proud Member
How many of you have quit smoking or what do you think about smoking

Hate it.

Horrible habit, will never do it. >_<

For the smokers out there, think of all the money you would save if you quit. It's like gambling! :eek:

Well, I think smoking is a problem b/c those of us know don't smoke are made to at times.

You really don't want to get me started about smoking. Especially since I lost 3 of me relatives from their smoking habit. Especially my grandfather's cousin who litterally watched him die in the hospital because he was a constanet smoker. It was because of him is what made my grandfather stopped smoking. And for many years he had smoked both a cigar and a pipe. Both my grandmother and my uncle were constanet smokers as well. And they are both dead now because of their smoking habit. I would have lost my mother to her smoking habit if she didn't quit when she did. For years both me and my brother were on her constanetly of when was she going to quit smoking. It didn't took to her having breathing problems is when she had finally quit.
When I was 6 years old I had asked my mother if I could take a puff of her cigerette just to see what it was like. OMG that was the most digusting thing I had ever tasted. I don't know how anyone can stand smoking. It is just so vile and disgusting to be doing something like that to your body. Especially all of the health risks that smoking can cause. When I think how 3 of my relatives had died it makes me extremely glad that I don't smoke. Because I could end up dead like them. Which is another reason why I am glad that I live in a state that has ban smoking.

My mom smokes and has been doing so for at least 30 years. Unfortunately, she's now unemployed, so most of her money is going toward a carton a week. I would love to get her to quit, but I have no idea how to even go about taking on the task. And it would be quite a task.

Does anyone have any quitting advice here?

Cancer injections! why would anyone want to inject cancer into themselvs by means of a fag is beyond me

Roland Martin of CNN summed it up quite well: "Inhaling fire."

i quit smoking a week and a half ago,and i feel much better for it,but now i have to stick to it now,it,s the worst thing you can ever do start smoking to begin with,

i quit smoking a week and a half ago,and i feel much better for it,but now i have to stick to it now,it,s the worst thing you can ever do start smoking to begin with,
Hey that's great! Now you really need to stay away from it, you can do it :yes: Good luck!

Awesome :D you'll also save alot of Money if you quit smokeing for good

Awesome :D you'll also save alot of Money if you quit smokeing for good
yes i,m thinking of all the merchandise at the concert i can buy now with the money i save,

i will be saving a lot sammichael i,ll just give you an example,i have achart the lady at the nhs smoking clinic gave to me ,
but i used to smoke £20 a day.

so for i day i will save£5.50 ) 1 week £38.50 )2 weeks £77.00 )3 weeks £115.50 )1 month £167.29 ) 6 months £1,003.75 )1 year £2,0007.50 )10 years £20.075.00 ) 20 years £40.150.00

its a lot when you look at it like this,i couldn,t believe how much i was spending,
thats in british currency.

Last edited:
yes i,m thinking of all the merchandise at the concert i can buy now with the money i save,

i will be saving a lot sammichael i,ll just give you an example,i have achart the lady at the nhs smoking clinic gave to me ,
but i used to smoke £20 a day.

so for i day i will save£5.50 ) 1 week £38.50 )2 weeks £77.00 )3 weeks £115.50 )1 month £167.29 ) 6 months £1,003.75 )1 year £2,0007.50 )10 years £20.075.00 ) 20 years £40.150.00

its a lot when you look at it like this,i couldn,t believe how much i was spending,
thats in british currency.

That is a lot of money

Smoked for a few years, quit last november have had a few since, but only a few. hate the smell and everything about it now. hate being around smokers.

the first thing is you need to want to quit, noone can do it for you so you really need to want to quit. try keeping yourself busy and not think about it.

Cigarette smoke contains over 4,000 chemicals, including 43 known cancer-causing (carcinogenic) compounds and 400 other toxins. These include nicotine, tar, and carbon monoxide, as well as formaldehyde, ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, arsenic, and DDT. Nicotine is highly addictive. Smoke containing nicotine is inhaled into the lungs, and the nicotine reaches your brain in just six seconds.
Nicotine in small doses acts as a stimulant to the brain. In large doses, it's a depressant, inhibiting the flow of signals between nerve cells. In even larger doses, it's a lethal poison, affecting the heart, blood vessels, and hormones. Nicotine in the bloodstream acts to make the smoker feel calm.
As a cigarette is smoked, the amount of tar inhaled into the lungs increases, and the last puff contains more than twice as much tar as the first puff. Carbon monoxide makes it harder for red blood cells to carry oxygen throughout the body. Tar is a mixture of substances that together form a sticky mass in the lungs.
Most of the chemicals inhaled in cigarette smoke stay in the lungs. The more you inhale, the better it feels—and the greater the damage to your lungs.

Smoking is nasty. I hate it, the smell, how it make my skin and hair feel. Barf. :puke:

Last edited:
Cigarette smoke contains over 4,000 chemicals, including 43 known cancer-causing (carcinogenic) compounds and 400 other toxins. These include nicotine, tar, and carbon monoxide, as well as formaldehyde, ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, arsenic, and DDT. Nicotine is highly addictive. Smoke containing nicotine is inhaled into the lungs, and the nicotine reaches your brain in just six seconds.
Nicotine in small doses acts as a stimulant to the brain. In large doses, it's a depressant, inhibiting the flow of signals between nerve cells. In even larger doses, it's a lethal poison, affecting the heart, blood vessels, and hormones. Nicotine in the bloodstream acts to make the smoker feel calm.
As a cigarette is smoked, the amount of tar inhaled into the lungs increases, and the last puff contains more than twice as much tar as the first puff. Carbon monoxide makes it harder for red blood cells to carry oxygen throughout the body. Tar is a mixture of substances that together form a sticky mass in the lungs.
Most of the chemicals inhaled in cigarette smoke stay in the lungs. The more you inhale, the better it feels—and the greater the damage to your lungs.
i quit about 1 week and a half ago,i did it through the nhs no smoking clinic,you can get information on this from your doctor ,thats if you live in the u.k.talking of carbon monoxide in your bloodstream,my reading was 20 when i first went,now i have quit it,s 1,which she said is normal for a none smoker as even being a none smoker,you still get abit of carbon monoxide through day to day life,car fumes and so on,

another thing,i don,t know how old you are or if you have children,but not only was the health reason a big factor,but i did it mostly for my 10yr old daughter,

Back