Should Janet Jackson Be Inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame?

Should JJ be inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame?

• Yes, She absolutley deserves it!

Votes: 33 61.1%
  • No, She hasn't earned it!

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • IDK, I'm on the fence!

Votes: 12 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know if I was offended? TBH, I wasn't a bit. This question has been beaten to death on Janet forums and other forums. So it doesn't surprise me to see the "Oh she shouldn't because she can't sing", "She wouldn't be where she is if her last name wasn't Jackson", etc. etc. You know, simple ass remarks that are irrelevant to her significance in the music and dance world. So what I did was give my 2 cents on these responses and then I think it was "babysilk" that said something like "Janet isn't on MJ's level" then you came in and went on and on how MJ sold this much and how he's better because he sold a lot of albums. Which I don't understand because the logic behind that is so narrow and sorry. I see it like this- A designer label may sell shitloads for 2 reasons 1. It looks good 2. It becomes a trend. Artists can be seen the same way. So just because an artist sales a lot of albums doesn't mean they're more talented. And I'm not attacking you or anyone else. Just giving my opinion like everyone in here.

Clearly that was a joke. :mellow:

And I wasn't knocking Mike. I was baffled as to how you were equated talent to album sales....and then exacerbated your argument by saying the higher your sales, the more talented you are. :ermm:

so...both of you...pleaaase enlghten me, as to why MJ achieved what he did. oh...you did already...image.(again, his image was put on blast, in the nineties. worth repeating)

while you were exploding at peoples' comments about Janet's singing, you were agreeing that talent had nothing to do with MJ's sales. again..hypocrisy.

I don't know what all this arguing is about, because getting into the Hall of Fame has nothing to do with talent, influence, or how many records an act has sold, only that Jann Wenner likes them.

Exactly! A lot of awards are chosen by a panel of judges.

so...both of you...pleaaase enlghten me, as to why MJ achieved what he did. oh...you did already...image.(again, his image was put on blast, in the nineties. worth repeating)

while you were exploding at peoples' comments about Janet's singing, you were agreeing that talent had nothing to do with MJ's sales. again..hypocrisy.

Point out where I said MJ was all image and his sales has nothing to do with his talent :mello:

I never said. I'm just pointing that your argument "more sales, more talent" is so one-sided and invalid.

Exploding? I just find it amusing that so many say she can't sing, that's all.

Exactly! A lot of awards are chosen by a panel of judges.

i bet you don't even know who this Jann, whoever, really is.

and..your argument, right there...that's lame.

i can't believe this effort to minimize MJ's achievements. and please don't say you're not doing that, because you are.

if MJ didn't get in, there would be an uproar. his talent got him in. period. the fact that i have to say this, is unfortunate, and ludicrous, but apparently, it needs to be said to you.

Point out where I said MJ was all image and his sales has nothing to do with his talent :mello:

I never said. I'm just pointing that your argument "more sales, more talent" is so one-sided and invalid.

Exploding? I just find it amusing that so many say she can't sing, that's all.

a lot of people think she can't. there's nothing you can do about that. and you're beating around the bush. you saw my answer. you just have decided to say talent does not equal sales. and you haven't come up with a valid reason why. everytime you say that talent doesn't equal sales, you are saying that MJ's talent didn't get him his sales. you can't see that? wow.

Mike was able to do what he did for a number of reasons.....to begin he had several outlets of promotion. Most obviously, do you really think Thriller would have been what it was without those videos? Secondly, he had the media as a medium to promote his work. "Any publicity is good publicity". He also had radio at his side.

No one is denying that talent played a role in Mike's sales, but you were trying to equate talent to sales and vice versa and you can't do that. If ppl with talent were all selling, and ppl with no talent weren't, then you'd have an argument. But since that's not reality.....

Mike was able to do what he did for a number of reasons.....to begin he had several outlets of promotion. Most obviously, do you really think Thriller would have been what it was without those videos? Secondly, he had the media as a medium to promote his work. "Any publicity is good publicity". He also had radio at his side.

No one is denying that talent played a role in Mike's sales, but you were trying to equate talent to sales and vice versa and you can't do that. If ppl with talent were all selling, and ppl with no talent weren't, then you'd have an argument. But since that's not reality.....

Michael had word of mouth. a lot of people have various outlets of promotion, and their product never leaves the shelf. OFF THE WALL didn't need videos. i bought it without videos, and so did a lot of other people. and you pretending like the THriller music doesn't stand on its own, is rediculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back