September 5 - 7: Update for Sept. 7, 2008 on post #49

Re: September 5 - 7: Update for Sept. 6, 2008 on post #22

Don't know if anyone was watching the Eurovision Dance Contest tonight but anyway Poland won with a dance routine to 'Whatever Happens' and 'Black or White'. They were a cute couple and good dancers but my Mother said it was the Power of Michael Jackson that got them there. LOL! And you know I think she is right. It is the power of his music that just gives that little bit extra.

Your mother is a smart lady!

I can imagine "Whatever Happens" beeing a great song to dance to. It got that beat.

Re: September 5 - 7 News and Mentionings. Great King Of Pop album review

What's that supposed to mean? "Earth Song" is a brilliant piece of music. I couldn't actually say any song Michael's done is better then "Earth Song".

I wouldn't worry about that. Everyone loved Earth Song - it was his biggest selling single ever in the UK, I think, riding high at no. 1 in the charts - until Jarvis Cocker waved his butt around on stage. Then of course the song became rubbish because that's the sheep mentality of the general population. "Oh, Jarvis Cocker made a protest on stage, so that means there must be something wrong with the song." lol It's silly, but that's how a lot of people "think" ;)

BTW did any of you see the clip of Russell Brand on ET begging Michael to come to the VMA's. It's funny.

Don't know if anyone was watching the Eurovision Dance Contest tonight but anyway Poland won with a dance routine to 'Whatever Happens' and 'Black or White'. They were a cute couple and good dancers but my Mother said it was the Power of Michael Jackson that got them there. LOL! And you know I think she is right. It is the power of his music that just gives that little bit extra.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bevzznowSRg

Ohh thank you so much for the link virginia_woolf, Iv just been trying to track it down on you tube but couldn't find it.
Im so glad they won but I definately think Michael's music had something to do with it, your mum is spot on Irish Flower

BTW did any of you see the clip of Russell Brand on ET begging Michael to come to the VMA's. It's funny.
LOL yea, I saw it yesterday. :lol: It's so funny. (Starts @ 1:04)

Link: http://video.clipta.com/Russell_Cal...And_ldquoTalentedrdquo__vd32af6f98e2bbceec4b9

"..I want to meet Michael Jackson so much, but, well you know, until he comes, I will just wear a glorious glove in his honor.. but, fingers cross, perhaps he'll come."

:lol:

^ :lmao: LOL

PieterM vbmenu_register("postmenu_1611369", true);
Rockin' Robin

Hey guys!

Smooth Criminal of Michael Jackson (yep, the best version) will be present in Disney Interactive Studios' Ultimate Band for Nintendo DS and Nintendo Wii. The game will hit stores later this year.

Source: 9lives

Re: September 5 - 7 News and Mentionings. Great King Of Pop album review

I wouldn't worry about that. Everyone loved Earth Song - it was his biggest selling single ever in the UK, I think, riding high at no. 1 in the charts - until Jarvis Cocker waved his butt around on stage. Then of course the song became rubbish because that's the sheep mentality of the general population. "Oh, Jarvis Cocker made a protest on stage, so that means there must be something wrong with the song." lol It's silly, but that's how a lot of people "think" ;)

Yeah, you're right. It just annoys me that Michael's later work doesn't get the credit it deserves. "Earth Song" is a masterpiece.

haha! mtv!!!
u made your own bed!!! ( u guys know what i mean!)

As much as I hate MTV for their arrogance and overall patheticness- for my own selfish reasons I want MJ to appear. I have to be honest - I am finding the wait for new material difficult - and a formal appearance of some kind would make things easier. I know MTV sux, but I want to see MJ.

Russel is a fan of MJ and he has been dressibng up in the Bad outfit for years. notice that he always wears black, with lots of buckles and chains.

thanks for the video that guy is so sweet and nice and funny he is so cool

News and Mentionings for today are coming up. :)

Michael Jackson Mentionings for September 7, 2008:
Brand on hosting MTV awards

Video of Russell Brand what he would do if he met Michael:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7599834.stm

Russell Brand will host MTV's annual Video Music Awards in Los Angeles this weekend. The British comedian and actor spoke to the BBC's Peter Bowes about the VMAs, meeting Britney Spears, and what he would do if he met Michael Jackson.

http://c-ville.com/index.php?cat=1991704080566501&act=post&pid=12030709083796217

The UVA athletic department decided to go “retro” for Saturday’s football contest against Richmond. The players wore the electric orange jerseys of two decades prior. Michael Jackson’s “Bad” and Different Light’s “Walk Like an Egyptian” were blasted through the speakers at Scott Stadium before the game, and during halftime, the marching band moved through a medley of ’80s songs from Phantom of the Opera and Top Gun.

http://www1.sundaymail.co.zw/inside.aspx?sectid=112&cat=2

In fact, singer Michael Jackson is thrilled by the fact that his youngest son Blanket is said to be the most musical of his children whilst it’s a fact that local legend Tuku prides himself in his son Sam’s talents.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/music/nineyearold-is-a-guitar-prodigy/2008/09/07/1220725848963.html

Koffi says Yannick's talents were apparent from an early age. At 10 months, he spat out his dummy and began singing a traditional Ivory Coast song. By the age of two he had learnt an entire Michael Jackson concert by watching a video. A home movie shot at the time shows him singing Billie Jean, strumming a tiny plastic guitar and performing what appears to be a rudimentary moonwalk.
"I already know one of the songs we're doing [in Tokyo] - Michael Jackson's I Want You Back," he says.

http://www.mlive.com/grpress/lifestyles/index.ssf/2008/09/dogsbest_friend_paws_with_a_ca.html

Five things to know about Ken Kirsch:
• His wife, Peggy, is an exotic-animal trainer who specializes in training elephants. She has worked at the San Diego Zoo and at Michael Jackson's compound, Neverland.

http://www.scsun-news.com/news/ci_10401469

The upbeat music of Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5 will be the basis of the Deming Wildcat Marching Band's show this season. Field generals Amy Gutierrez and Rudy Rivera will lead the 105-member band with Bernie Chavez returning as director, assisted by Toby Soderberg. The band will rock to "I Want You Back," "Smooth Criminal" (drum break), "I'll Be There" and "Thriller." The Wildcat Band will compete at TOB and attend the University of Arizona band day in Tucson.

Michael Jackson HIStory for September 7, 2008:

1988 - Michael Jackson won the Video Vanguard award at the fifth annual MTV Vidoe Music Awards.

1988 - Michael Jackson's single "Another Part Of Me" hit #11 in the U.S. and #15 in the U.K.

1995 - Michael Jackson lip-synched to a medley of past hits and "You Are Not Alone" at the 12th annual MTV Video Music Awards. Jackson received awards for "Scream."

1996 - Michael Jackson launched his "HIStory" world tour in Prague.

2001 - Michael Jackson performed a special concert to celebrate his 30 years as a solo artist. He played a second show on September 10th.

2004 - Several court documents from the Michael Jackson child-molestation trial revealed details of some evidence that had been seized from Neverland Ranch. The following items were to be admitted into evidence: a dozen computers, a camera, videotape recordings, a tissue, books, bags, various paperwork, an audio cassette recorder, a cassette titled "Earth Song 6-8-89," keys to the master bedroom, an envelope, print ads, a letter, and a case with phone-recording equipment. Other items that were likely to be supressed: photographs from the Neverland arcade, additional photos found in a safe, a book on robotic dogs, a November 2003 calendar, a Garden City Hotel bag, medicine bottles, a medical log and daily entry logs for the ranch.

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw it a couple times too.
He can beg til he's blue in the face....

Exactly. Mike, stay home with your kids and watch the show laughing at the trainwrecks. LOL.

In fact, singer Michael Jackson is thrilled by the fact that his youngest son Blanket is said to be the most musical of his children

When did MJ say this? If he ever did. They are stating facts that I have never read before. LOL. The media is desperate to report anything Mike.

Last edited:

Russel is a fan of MJ and he has been dressibng up in the Bad outfit for years. notice that he always wears black, with lots of buckles and chains.
Oo really? :eek: Cool.
Russel is funny, :lol:it's only been now when the VMAs are starting that I knew about him. He seems nice too.

Yeah Russel does seem pretty nice. Well thats cool that he is a fan of MJ.

In fact, singer Michael Jackson is thrilled by the fact that his youngest son Blanket is said to be the most musical of his children
When did MJ say this? If he ever did. They are stating facts that I have never read before. LOL. The media is desperate to report anything Mike.
He didn't say it. It's a quote from Taraborelli,s last article.

"In fact, singer Michael Jackson is thrilled by the fact that his youngest son Blanket is said to be the most musical of his children whilst it’s a fact that local legend Tuku prides himself in his son Sam’s talents."

I don´t know that he ever said that but I think he once said that his mother is a good pianist. I think it was in the "Living with Michael Jackson" documenty but I could be wrong.

2004 - Several court documents from the Michael Jackson child-molestation trial revealed details of some evidence that had been seized from Neverland Ranch. The following items were to be admitted into evidence: a dozen computers, a camera, videotape recordings, a tissue, books, bags, various paperwork, an audio cassette recorder, a cassette titled "Earth Song 6-8-89," keys to the master bedroom, an envelope, print ads, a letter, and a case with phone-recording equipment. Other items that were likely to be supressed: photographs from the Neverland arcade, additional photos found in a safe, a book on robotic dogs, a November 2003 calendar, a Garden City Hotel bag, medicine bottles, a medical log and daily entry logs for the ranch.

Reading this makes me so sad, no wonder Michael doesn't feel like Neverland is his home anymore, he must feel violated. I hate TS. for this.

Thanks Dorothy Marie for todays news and mentionings.
Although I don't believe the story about Blanket it does make me wonder if any of Michaels children will follow their dad into the business and how much of Michaels talents have been passed down to them. I have this lovely picture in my mind of Michael, Prince, Paris and Blanket singing together round a piano.

It never ceases to amaze me just how often Michaels name pops up in all sorts of stories, news, gossip mentionings etc,

[/quote]

Back