RIP Tito Jackson/ tributes

Moonstreet

Proud Member
Country
Ireland
Entertainment Tonight On X 4.42am UK Time · September 16, 2024

BREAKING: Tito Jackson has died at the age of 70.Steve Manning, a longtime Jackson family friend and former Jackson family manager, tells ET that Tito passed away today. While an official cause of death has not yet been determined, Manning believes that Tito suffered a heart attack while driving from New Mexico to Oklahoma. Updates are developing.

Statement on Instagram 7am UK Time September 16 2024 poppa3t 3tworld tarylljackson tjjackson9

It’s with heavy hearts that we announce that our beloved father, Rock & Roll Hall of Famer Tito Jackson is no longer with us. We are shocked, saddened and heartbroken. Our father was an incredible man who cared about everyone and their well-being. Some of you may know him as Tito Jackson from the legendary Jackson 5, some may know him as “Coach Tito” or some know him as “Poppa T.” Nevertheless, he will be missed tremendously. It will forever be “Tito Time” for us. Please remember to do what our father always preached and that is “Love One Another.” We love you Pops.

Your boys,

Taj, Taryll and TJ

Michael Jackson Dot Com Remembering Tito Jackson 10-15-53 – 09-15-24 September 15, 2024
The passing of Michael’s beloved brother Toriano Adaryll Jackson, known to the world as “Tito,” is an incalculable loss. Wearing his trademark bowler hat, Tito played the guitar with fierceness, skill and passion, even as a teenager when he burst onto the music scene with the Jackson 5 and later with The Jacksons. When Tito wasn’t playing the countless hits he shared with his brothers, he loved to play the blues. Always showing class and a gentlemanly demeanor, Tito amassed numerous accolades over his career, including being inducted in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame as a member of the Jackson 5. But his greatest pride was his family. While he will be missed by fans across the world who loved him and his music, he is especially missed as a son, brother, father to his three sons, TJ, Taryll and Taj, and as a grandfather to his nine grandchildren. Rest in Peace Tito.

Last edited:
It sucks that Tito and the other brothers were the butt of so many cruel jokes dismissing their talent. The Jacksons in my opinion are one of the most incredibly talented musical groups in history. These guys were all in their teens and they had to sing, do dance steps and in the case of Tito and Jermaine, also play sometimes complex guitar and bass lines all at the same time.

I legit teared up when I saw the notification.

I never listened to much of the brothers' music; their heyday was mostly before I was born. But I was surprised to learn that Tito played guitar for the group, which has to be tough when you're trying to synch everything up with four other people.

I also remember there was a joke made by Adam Sandler, in his movie The Wedding Singer. Allen Covert's character "Sammy" attends a party with Robbie (Sandler), and he's dressed in a Thriller jacket with a silver glove on one hand. Following an embarrassing conversation with Robbie's love interest Julia (Drew Barrymore), Sammy turns to leave...prompting Robbie to call out after him, "Say hi to your brother Tito." 🤣

Back