Release of William B. Van Valin II 's book Private Conversations in Neverland with Michael Jackson

When the news corps. wanted dirt I wish he obliged (if the interview was going to take place live) and tell the truth of all the positive things.

Seems to me that nobody but the fans wants to hear the real truth, books like this could make a difference to those who are prepared to listen.

Yeah I thought the question was based on what it said in this book about BJ, so that's how I answered, but yes I agree BJ was based on a combination. But the name BJ was a nickname Michael gave one particular girl who managed to get into the compound on more than one occasion.

This is what MJ wrote in Moonwalk (1988) about the title of the song:

"There never was a real 'Billie Jean.' (Except for the ones who came after the song.) The girl in the song is a composite of people we've been plagued by over the years. This kind of thing has happened to some of my brothers and I used to be really amazed by it. I couldn't understand how these girls could say they were carrying someone's child when it wasn't true. I can't imagine lying about something like that. Even today there are girls who come to the gate at our house and say the strangest things, like "Oh, I'm Michael's wife," or "I'm just dropping off the keys to our apartment." I remember one girl who used to drive us completely crazy. I really think that she believed in her mind that she belonged to me. There was another girl who claimed I had gone to bed with her, and she made threats. There have been a couple of serious scuffles at the gate on Hayvenhurst, and they can get dangerous. People yell into the intercom that Jesus sent them to speak with me and God told them to come--unusual and unsettling things." (191-92, chapter on 'The Moonwalk')

Would he have been able to give the reporters Michel's medical issues, though. Michael was alive at the time, and would have something to say about that. This man seems to be a very "human" person. It is good to see people like that still exist.

Back