Release of William B. Van Valin II 's book Private Conversations in Neverland with Michael Jackson

lidwinee

Proud Member
Michael Jackson Secrets Shared Private Conversations in Neverland with Michael Jackson
PR Web
(PRWEB) January 28, 2013

Los Olivos, California, January 28, 2013- Acosta Global Marketing announces the release of the William B. Van Valin II, MD journal Private Conversations in Neverland with Michael Jackson" available at Amazon.com for $19.95 a series of secrets are shared ranging from Michaels Ghost to the stalker that inspired the Thriller hit, Billie Jean.

An insightful chronology that documents the friendship between a rural farmland physician and a music icon that continues to inspire the world with his music years after his untimely death. The book gives you a tender look at the close friendship of Barney and Michael, from their first unexpected meeting to the mysterious and sudden end of their friendship after five years.

Barney Van Valin, reflects, Yes, it was difficult to understand at the time. Someone is in your life almost daily for five years and suddenly isnt there. The family was equally confused but with his public life being so invasive that you somehow understood and accepted it. He came into my life suddenly and the exit was no different. I can honestly say the world idol was not who I knew---my friend was a humble, kind, gentle man who adored his children. Criss & I loved the family man who spent hours at our home. I miss our times. I miss him.

Private Conversations takes you inside Neverland Ranch from the dinner table to the extravagant game room, carnival rides, theater, to the touching words of Michael about the absence of memorabilia in his home from gold records to photographs of world dignitaries and his candid view of such acknowledgements; the nightly menu at the Neverland dinner table; the origin of the Moon Walk dance; Michaels Ghost; the mystery behind Billie Jean; Michael's curiosity of the deceased that had him at Barney's mothers death bed; and his candid opinion of his father, Joe, and mother, Katherine.

Private Conversation is a must read for any Michael Jackson fan who will appreciate the charming style of Michaels good friend, Dr. Barney, There were so many wonderful meals,talks, late night sushi runs, Mexican chicken enchilada meals inside his Lincoln Navigator, watching movies with Michael and Elizabeth Taylor and so many more amazing memories. I have many stories and tender moments which Ive kept in my heart, and after seeing the adoration around the world that fans had for Michael at his passing, I was motivated to share the moments in a book, and hopefully, his fans will understand why I treasure the memories of our friendship to this day.

Private Conversations in Neverland with Michael Jackson is available at Amazon.com in eBook format and paperback.
http://www.amazon.com/Private-Conversations-Neverland-Michael-Jackson/dp/1481079727/

Information can be found at: http://www.PrivateConversationsinNeverland.com.

Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/1/prweb10370105.htm

http://www.equities.com/news/headline-story?dt=2013-01-28&val=974577&cat=business

I had never heard of him before. Did he release the book this year? This video I found is from 2011, it's a shame media people always waste time with sensationalist questions, I can't stand JVM...

This is such a sweet book - I read the preview of the book on Amazon
My sis just gave me a Amazon gift card for my Birthday, I think Ill get this one

Someone left a Very nice Review

5 out of 5 stars A little gem, January 23, 2013
By Amazon customer (England) -

This is a very slim volume..95 pages in all and rather pricey..so my first impressions were not that favourable... but I realise it's the content that matters as I was soon to discover..

I started reading it as soon as I received it, and kept dipping in throughout the day..if I could I would have liked to have read it all in one session. It is written in a very matter of fact and understated way , without any embellishments or sense of betrayal of confidences. It is simply a brief record of some of the times the author and Michael spent together.. sometimes just the two of them, sometimes with their respective families.. and the mutual enjoyment their friendship brought.

To me it is successful because it doesn't go into great detail, and doesn't need to. It effortlessly gets the message across that Michael Jackson was a kind and decent man ( a far cry from the cariacture portrayed by an out of control media)

I think true MJ fans would like this book, and once read in it's entirety, to dip into from time to time. If you want a "kiss and tell" or to read gossip then this is not the book for you.

To me it's a little gem and it's success lies in its simplicity. I get the impression that the author just wanted to tell us about this special friendhip, so that we could share a little bit of it too. ( For once the motivation behind it does not appear to be money).

It is a really nice book, it's very short, but it's definitely worth a read.

I agree with that reviewer, one of the things I really liked about it was that he never tries psycho analyzing MJ or putting any of his own opinions on what happened (you know how someone will say "I met MJ once and I saw him drink hot chocolate, it was because of that I was able to see he was a dark lonely troubled soul in the world and I felt very sorry for him and could see he never grew up and was just a child in a man's body, etcccccc"), he just relays his experiences with him.

Have you read it? Could you tell us more about it please.

He just shares memories of him meeting MJ, hanging out at NL, MJ's love for antics, MJ and Dave Dave, how when he'd hang out with MJ they'd watch TV in his room and he'd stay until MJ fell asleep like that (or rarely sleep if ever), MJ's ability to eat just about anything (he questioned if MJ had any taste buds LOL), he said MJ called their family "the first family of love" (I guess MJ did that with a few families, MJ made everyone feel special)... just very normal stories about him. It's kind of thing I love, just hearing about him being ordinary and I never feel like the Dr is attempting to judge him or cash in on him or portray him in any way.

I was actually disappointed he didn't reveal a little about some of MJ's medical problems - I'd love a decent doctor to speak about his vitiligo and discoid lupus. But I know I could be alone in that.

La_cienega, thanks!

Can you pls tell what Michael told about his father and rest of the fam? Also, what's the deal with the 'ghost'? Re. Michael's appetite for anything, we've also been told before that he's a picky eater, so I don't know what to believe!

Thank you. Did he explain how he and Michael met and when?

It seems truthful honest and positive just what we need to promote among other fans to erase out of our minds the freak image media has been in charge to perpetrate over decades. I'm very interested to read stuff focused on Michael Jackson the human being and it's nice to know he didn't impose his opinions on Michael like Rabbi Boteach did. Thanks a lot la cienega! :)

La_cienega, thanks!

Can you pls tell what Michael told about his father and rest of the fam? Also, what's the deal with the 'ghost'? Re. Michael's appetite for anything, we've also been told before that he's a picky eater, so I don't know what to believe!

He said he saw a ghost at Hayvenhurst of an old man smoking a pipe, and he prayed for it to away and it turned into an eagle, he said it was before the remodeling.

He just shares about his father being abusive saying he never wanted his kids to feel the same way about him.

Talks about how he loves his mother, and how MJ would say Janet or Katherine had been up there a few times when they'd speak, but the Dr never met or saw any of the family.

Thank you. Did he explain how he and Michael met and when?

Yes, he met him in October 2001, MJ had gone through the phone book for a local doctor to make house calls and just turned up out of nowhere one day at his practice.

^Thanks! I wouldn't mind reading this, and wish there was an e-version.

Thank you for the answers, sorry for all the questions la_cienega. Can't help but be distrusting of doctors involved with Michael.

iIhave ordered it now, should arrive tomorrow, couldn't find kindle version on Amazon.co.uk but it is definitely available on Amazon.com.

About him being a picky eater - sometimes it seems he just doesn't like to eat, other times I've heard him described as someone who loves to eat. I guess it depended on the time or who he was with.

In this case they try out some sushi from a restaurant (MJ eats out in the car, which is something he did with LMP once) and the Dr is shocked at how MJ can just eat every kind of fish and doesn't seem to care what kind it is or anything (cue the "fish" jokes haha), and how MJ also never seemed to salt or pepper his food.

MJ's menu at NL was always hot dogs, fish sticks, chicken drumsticks, hamburgers and chimichangas.

I agree with the distrust and hesitation, I waited for a while to get it too, but it is a nice book. Nothing sensational or really revealing, and maybe some others may dislike it and it is very short so I'm not sure if it's worth the money for everyone, but I'm a fan of the really ordinary stories about him, and I don't get a bad impression from this Dr.

^It's not on Amazon.com either...just checked.

He did originally have it as an Ebook, that's how I bought it.

I guess with it being in print it may have been taken off.

I was actually disappointed he didn't reveal a little about some of MJ's medical problems - I'd love a decent doctor to speak about his vitiligo and discoid lupus. But I know I could be alone in that.

I know it's a little off-topic, but here's a doctor that treated Michael in Ireland who confirms 100% that he had vitiligo.

I know it's a little off-topic, but here's a doctor that treated Michael in Ireland who confirms 100% that he had vitiligo.

Oh I know MJ had it and many people have spoken about it, but I want one to go more in depth in to what MJ experienced with it.

The Dr who looked over his medical records in 1993 said MJ had tried regaining his pigment, I'd guess with PUVA during the 80s, but nobody's ever spoken about that. People always think he hit the bleach as soon as he found out he had it, which isn't true. I'd also be curious to hear more in depth any thing MJ had told people about how living with it was like.

The same with his discoid lupus. The medical report from Jan 1984 said he was recently diagnosed, how recent was that? Toya said in 1991 he'd been diagnosed with it 12 years earlier, which would be 1979. I wanted to know what else he experienced with it. We can see he suffered with his skin, hair and lungs, I'd be interested in hearing about all of that.

I know other doctors and friends have mentioned these things, but I'd like anything more in depth.

^ He seems to have made a very deliberate decision to not talk about anything that arose from the doctor/patient relationship. Unlike almost everyone else in mj's life he seems to have the utmost integrity, and i think if he had started to talk about mj's skin problems, it would have left the door open for speculation about other medical issues. I read this from his book from the free pages on amazon.

A similar kind of situtation was being foisted on me, disguised as an obligation to sensationalise this story i've written by talking about mj's medical issues. I was actually told that if i didn't talk about it, i was being disingenuous.

Thanks, lacienega for your posts on the book. It seems like a really nice read from one of the few book authors on mj with no agenda and the class to recognise what is private and what can properly be shared to the public. I thought it admirable that he never divulged anything about blanket's parentage to that interviewer on the youtube posted, saying quite rightly it was blanket's decision if he wanted to make it public, in stark contrast to latoya and frank cascio.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reviews guys. It seems I will have to get this book too. Now let me be sure, this is not the dr who said Michael used to come to his home a lot & then one day asked him for some drug, and when he said no, Michael cut the relationship?

It is a really nice book, it's very short, but it's definitely worth a read.

I agree with that reviewer, one of the things I really liked about it was that he never tries psycho analyzing MJ or putting any of his own opinions on what happened (you know how someone will say "I met MJ once and I saw him drink hot chocolate, it was because of that I was able to see he was a dark lonely troubled soul in the world and I felt very sorry for him and could see he never grew up and was just a child in a man's body, etcccccc"), he just relays his experiences with him.

I'm sorry but I totally died laughing reading that. Cheers to you for being so FREAKING RIGHT!!

I don't get why people have to try to analyze Michael at all. When Michael was asked why he did things or thought something his answers seemed reasonable to me. People say Michael wasn't normal yet that's what he wanted in his life. He wanted to do all the things that everyone else did. It's hard to do when everything you do is being watched and you can't go anywhere without being mobbed with people. No offense to anyone.

I have the paperback version. It's the same as Kindle version released a year+ ago, plus he added a nice poem to Michael in the end.

Thanks for the reviews guys. It seems I will have to get this book too. Now let me be sure, this is not the dr who said Michael used to come to his home a lot & then one day asked him for some drug, and when he said no, Michael cut the relationship?

I hope not, I have ordered it. By the reviews there doesn't appear to be anything like that in the book.

Petrarose;3770647 said:

I think he was around Michael as long as Michael stayed in Neverland.
When NL was raided, they found med bottles described to Michael under alias name, one of the docs was William Van Valin.

"Barney" VanValin's name appears on prescription bottles of generic and brand Xanax filled in 2002 in the names of Frank Tyson and Manuel Rivera, who were members of Jackson’s staff, according to the same report and a police inventory of physical evidence recovered from Neverland Ranch in 2003. The evidence logs, which were obtained and authenticated by FOXNews.com, lists these prescriptions among those found in the upstairs library room in the video arcade area of Jackson's famed estate. Prescriptions written by the same doctor for Percocet were also found, according to the same report. VanValin, who graduated from Autonomous University of Guadalajara Faculty of Medicine in 1981, did not return messages left at his office.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-michael-jackson-investigation/#ixzz2JSGzV8xD

Last edited:
Back