Rehearsals, dancing or singing?

MJ_Jordan

Proud Member
As we all know, rehersals for the shows have begun

i was just wondering, what do you think michael is focusing on most?

Is he focused on practising his famous dances?

Or maybe he's more focused on his vocals?

I personally believe he is focused on his dancing more.

This is what i'm hoping, don't get me wrong, i would love to see him sing all the songs live.
But nothing excites me more than the sight of a perfectly performed dance routine like, billie jean or beat it.

What are your thoughts?

Hope he focus on both.

Singing and dancing is what it's all about!

Hope he sings live, playback would be soooo disappointing IMO!

I think he is singing MOST because that's what I think he is the most nervous of doing again infront of thousands..I know it sounds stupid, but it's been so long and everyone will be talking about it EVERYWHERE and he's a perfectionist..so I guess he wants his singing to be ON TOP..
Also practising new routines...the small changes in his routines (which his dancers talked about)..

gonna be exciting to be there in the audience at opening night!
to see the costumes, hear the singing!!!!! the routines..

ok I feel I'm getting teary just thinking about it, lol!!!!
DREAM. COME. TRUE.

Hope he focus on both.

Singing and dancing is what it's all about!

Hope he sings live, playback would be soooo disappointing IMO!

Sorry to disappoint you...But the shows will be at least 70% playback...It's a fact, and we ALL know it...:yes:

Sorry to disappoint you...But the shows will be at least 70% playback...It's a fact, and we ALL know it...:yes:

how can it be a fact when the 1st show hasnt even happened? and NO1 knows it but michael himself

ps nice siggy
:p

I realy dnt mind playback when Michael is dancing, neither does the general public, he wasn't even wearing a mic on the 1995 Dangerous performance but it was nominated for a Grammy. Its when he mimes slow tracks like YOU ARE NOT ALONE and HEAL THE WORLD that makes me cringe. Otherwise when Michael is dancing he can mime as much as he wants.

Are we gonna sink into another 'lipsynch' drama discussion?

how can you have such low expectations? besides, randy phillips the chief executive of aeg live has said in interviews that mikey will be singing live, so he better had!

i cant imagine he will sing live during the whole show. he has never done that..
some fast songs where he has to dance are gonna be playback..
but i dont care, i just wanna see him at all :lol: so even if he just stands there, it will be okay for me :lol:

^ haha, oh my talking about the Dangerous performance,
FOR THOSE WHO LIKE LIVIN' DANGEROUSLY
THIS ONES FOR YOU!
(runs off)
I REPLAY THAT SOOO MANY TIMES :lol: PLEASE SAY THAT MICHAEL!
:wild:
happy birthday to me :lol: :)

I realy dnt mind playback when Michael is dancing, neither does the general public, he wasn't even wearing a mic on the 1995 Dangerous performance but it was nominated for a Grammy. Its when he mimes slow tracks like YOU ARE NOT ALONE and HEAL THE WORLD that makes me cringe. Otherwise when Michael is dancing he can mime as much as he wants.

I agree...:yes: well said!

Although, I liked SIM lip-synched on the HWT...:yes:

I've always thought Michael finds simpler dancing: maybe he doesn't have to work hard for the performances; but what about singing? He wanted the HIStory Tour to be perfect and he used playback a lot! I hope he won't do the same mistake, but I expect from him a special show with a lot of dance. Altough he's 50 now.
I think he should practice both, because he didn't work for many years, but, finally, I believe he will be able to dance very well [well, he should eat more, then!]... I'm not sure he will sing live, but I hope he won't do something worse than the HIStory Tour [I'm talking about the vocal performance: the dance was perfect, especially in the second part of the tour!].

i cant imagine he will sing live during the whole show. he has never done that..
some fast songs where he has to dance are gonna be playback..
but i dont care, i just wanna see him at all :lol: so even if he just stands there, it will be okay for me :lol:

YES HE HAS.

BAD tour was all live - NO playback at all.

Some of the Dangerous tour concerts were 100 % live too!

HIStory is the ONLY tour MJ has used Playback on some songs from 1st concert to last concert.

Jam was performed live on some concerts wasn't it?

YES HE HAS.

BAD tour was all live - NO playback at all.

Some of the Dangerous tour concerts were 100 % live too!

HIStory is the ONLY tour MJ has used Playback on some songs from 1st concert to last concert.

Jam was performed live on some concerts wasn't it?

he was doing it all live? well he was young that time :lol:
give him a break in the meantime...
imo its okay to do playback to fast songs like billie jean or smooth criminal.. i really wanna see him dancing and feel the magic :)

he was doing it all live? well he was young that time :lol:
give him a break in the meantime...
imo its okay to do playback to fast songs like billie jean or smooth criminal.. i really wanna see him dancing and feel the magic :)

Songs like Smooth Criminal would be ok if it was pre-recorded.

BUT - slow songs shall not be playback!

You are not alone, Heal the World, Earth Song, Stranger in Moscow - I really don't get why he did those play-back! - Makes no sense to me!

Hope we will get a little less playback this time!

IMO there was wayyy too much playback on the HIStory tour!

Didnt he have Laryngitis during the HIStory tour and thats why he lip synced?

Didnt he have Laryngitis during the HIStory tour and thats why he lip synced?

That's partly the reason I think.

But he didn't have that the entire tour had he? - wasn't it half way in he got it?

Many songs were NEVER sung live on the HIStory tour! - and some were NEVER playback. WBSS and the J5 medley was NEVER playback!

rehearsals have definately started...

RT @thetwinz Okay twitters I think Michael Jackson is following us cause as he is rehearsing right next door to us!!!!!!!

I reckon both, but mainly singing...I think his dancing will be more subtle this time, less big movements to allow for some powerful singing and a few new steps to keep the crowd on their feet :) That's what i hope anyway!

I hope that if he does lip sync then he will record some vocals now and not use the actual vocals from the song itself :|

Off The Wall Medley was absolutely terrible :| The dancing was good, but watching him lip sync to the actual songs was cringeworthy. Thank god he realised this and took it out for the 2nd leg!

I hope that if he does lip sync then he will record some vocals now and not use the actual vocals from the song itself :|

Off The Wall Medley was absolutely terrible :| The dancing was good, but watching him lip sync to the actual songs was cringeworthy. Thank god he realised this and took it out for the 2nd leg!

Agreed! It was awful!! - Had he sung live it would have been the best medley ever - better than the J5 medley.

But the voice was from a 20 years younger Mike - that didn't work!

Hope there will NOT be very much playback - hope there wont be any at all, but maybe that's too much to hope for!

Hope there will NOT be very much playback - hope there wont be any at all, but maybe that's too much to hope for!

guess it is too much :lol:
but i also agree on you that slow songs should be no playback..
hmm still dont think hes gonna do much live.. dont know..

Mhh if michael want to lipsinc I dont understand why he doesn's the following:
He can record all songs live on a stage whitout dancing and than use that recordings for the concerts. So in that case he playbacks the live voice of himslef in case of playbacking the orginal cd version.

I heard he is working on a new dance move that would rival with the moonwalk but hey who knows. Michael is very unpredictable.

I heard he is working on a new dance move that would rival with the moonwalk but hey who knows. Michael is very unpredictable.

THAT would be awesome!

Hope he comes up with something spectaculare!

Back