¨Rare¨ Victory Tour Toronto '84 Snippets [Shake Your Body]

Oh neat! I guess someone (if not that one person) has that laserdisc of the show.

Oh, and before Zakk says BLU RAY NAOWW! :D
This is obviously jumbo-tron/tape footage that they used for that limited Laseridsc thing.

I don't even think the Billie Jean video was film-based.

Oh neat! I guess someone (if not that one person) has that laserdisc of the show.

This is obviously jumbo-tron/tape footage that they used for that limited Laseridsc thing.

haha true ;) although patrick kelley was the film director of the entire tour, he filmed los angeles december, and also 2 canadian shows if i remember correctly, so its possible.

Yeah, it's Jeff Beasley. Even if anyone else on the internet has this, it's not circulating. He will never share it full, trade or sell it. Good luck contacting him about it :)

Yeah, looks like the source was tape. But I think it was shot on film. Obviously this footage comes from tape transfer though.

Some raw screens here -

eiru.jpg

5p0t.jpg

v6iu.jpg

prp3.jpg

5qkh.jpg

I dunno. Looks like tape.
I mean all the angles cut together in the way that they are, it's gotta be what the audience saw on the screens.

I dunno. Looks like tape.
I mean all the angles cut together in the way that they are, it's gotta be what the audience saw on the screens.

los angeles is on film too, you can tell by how many cameras their are. and 2 canadian shows on film, one which is this, would be great to get a three disc victory blu ray package

It's not from the laserdisc. It's a vhs rip. A REALLY good one lol

los angeles is on film too, you can tell by how many cameras their are. and 2 canadian shows on film, one which is this, would be great to get a three disc victory blu ray package

The video in this post is tape.

The person who ruins MJ footage with those inscriptions across the frame... I would tear his hands off.

This is actually some very nice footage, not mentioning how rare it is to see footage of the Victory Tour where Jackie is on stage with everyone else and not injured. Wouldn't it be cool if we actually got a full concert from this tour to be released to coincide with this album/tour's thirtieth anniversary next year? A fan can only dream...

Ya rly.

Also, i HATE when people take a 4:3 video and zoom in or stretch the picture to fit widescreen space.
It ruins the original video.

That and the logo was done on purpose lol

The person who originally uploaded it isn't fond of Youtube and has also had to deal with people taking what he's posted and putting it on other sites or using the clips to rip off other fans.

Ya rly.

Also, i HATE when people take a 4:3 video and zoom in or stretch the picture to fit widescreen space.
It ruins the original video.

Obviously it is made worse on purpose, as well as sound is made worse. It's originally cleaner and louder, not as dull.

That and the logo was done on purpose lol

The person who originally uploaded it isn't fond of Youtube and has also had to deal with people taking what he's posted and putting it on other sites or using the clips to rip off other fans.

Exactly.

But I'd rather make that logo less noticable, I dunno, smaller, a bit transparent, not exactly in the center of the screen. It wouldn't be as noticable, but would be still there.

I'd chose the Toronto show to be released for sure.

Any show that all 6 brothers were a part of.

And as a bonus feature:
Beat It with Van Halen (i think it was in texas)
Shake Your Body (live from the final show of tour where he announces it's the last Jacksons tour)

Any show that all 6 brothers were a part of.

And as a bonus feature:
Beat It with Van Halen (i think it was in texas)
Shake Your Body (live from the final show of tour where he announces it's the last Jacksons tour)

its rumoured the final los angeles show is on film. i would love that ''The Jackson's Victory Tour Live At Dodger Stadium December 20th, 1984.'' anniversary edition on Blu-Ray/DVD with rehearsals, on tour with the brothers, behind the scenes etc. would be perfect :)

Last edited:
This was one of the few shows they played in my hometown. October 5th,6th,or 7th at the Exhibition Stadium.

Last edited:
It's too bad he didn't do Canada at ALL on the Bad Tour. Not even Mexico, either.

Has anyone messaged the estate about future plans for a release of the victory tour? If MJJC could get an interview with Patrick kelly and the victory tour that would be great too. Also, here is a much shorter snippet of Human Nature :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKnZZ7zDfAI
Also Here is some info I found about the show :

• Canadian concert dates were not scheduled when the tour began and, the Globe and Mail wrote, "according to tour organizers, it is extremely unlikely the Jacksons will play in Canada." However, the tour eventually stopped for two nights in Montreal and three nights each in Toronto and Vancouver.
• Toronto dates seemed unlikely because the only suitable venue, Exhibition Stadium, was booked for Blue Jays games in the summer and Argonauts games in the fall. The huge Victory tour, with its sound system and elaborate staging, required 11 days to set up and break down. Nevertheless, promoters managed to squeeze it in.
• Victory tour promoters were so certain that Toronto would not be included that they made a promise: "Any Canadian fan with a ticket stub from any Buffalo show will get a free ticket to any Toronto show." When the tour did play Toronto, thousands of fans who'd been there in Buffalo saw it for free.
• Tickets for the Victory tour were about $40 ($76 in 2009 dollars).
- CBC

Last edited:
Back