Random Inspiration...

Sdeidjs

Proud Member
"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." --

Mother Teresa

Your Enemy~~~

In my own experience, the period of greatest gain in knowledge and experience is the most difficult period in one's life. ...Through a difficult period, you can learn, you can develop inner strength, determination, and courage to face the problem. Who gives you this chance? Your enemy.

-His Holiness the Dalai Lama

Watching Over Us

"Angels are as close as our outstreached hands. They reach for us as hands of support beneath our elbows, as hands tending us in illness and in our darkest deepest despair, as hands holding ours when we are afraid, and as hands patting our shoulders in encouragement. Whatever the circumstances, we get the message: God Cares.

When we are fortunate enough to be touched by an Angel, we welcome them as they comfort us, intervene for us, and accompany us. Uncertain, how they'll appear, we are nevertheless assured that they will. When they do, we are touched forever by the generous spirit of God's love.

Recognizing the presence of an Angel around you can feel like walking from the shadows into the warmth of sunshine. Suddenly, you feel the nourishment that comes from someone taking the time to look out for you and lets you know that you are not alone..!"

An Angel By Your Side

Last edited:
Re: Random Inspiration...Meaning of Coincidences

Decoding Life's Secret Messages

How to tune in to the hidden meaning of coincidences, those seemingly random events that can guide us toward our destiny.

Jung called it "synchronicity"--random events that occur together in a way that defies rational explanation. You think of a friend you haven't seen in a while, and she phones you. Or, contemplating a business deal, you see a sign that reads "Beware of thin ice," and you know to steer clear. If you look more closely at coincidences, you will find guidance in times of confusion or at key moments in decision-making. We are used to looking for symbols in dreams, but coincidences in our waking lives can be also be read as symbols of where the universe is leading us.

Coincidence is said to be God's way of remaining anonymous, an indication that there is an underlying reality that connects us all. Here's how to recognize those secret messages from the universe.

1. Read the Signs
Signs are literally all around us. A friend of mine was feeling stuck in her life. As she rushed out in the car to pick up her child from school, she realized she was heading into a traffic jam. "Great," she thought, "the world is mirroring my sense of being stuck."

Just then a little white car zipped past her and drove straight into the converging lines of traffic, cutting them off and opening a space for her to get clear. As she seized the chance to get out of the jam, she glanced back and noticed that the vanity plate of the white car read: "CREATE." She was grateful for the double message: that when things stall, we are required to create a new approach, and that we don't have to figure everything out on our own. The universe can be friendly, if we'll let it.

Other signs that are "in your face" might include a billboard, a quote on a church signboard, or the first song or commercial that is on the radio when you turn it on.

2. Ask for Guidance
You can ask synchronicity to be your guide. Start by identifying the theme in your life on which you would most like some help right now. Write down a clear and simple request by filling in the blank in the following statement: "I would like guidance on...."

Now get ready to receive the first striking or unusual thing that enters your field of perception as a direct response from the universe to your question.

A friend who was having doubts about her boyfriend wrote down her question, "Should I end my relationship with Doug?" She turned on the TV and immediately found herself watching a character named Doug breaking up with a girl on the phone--in an episode of "King of Queens," a show she had never watched before. She felt that answered her question directly!

3. Get Moving
Coincidences multiply when we are in motion--because we are traveling outside the grooves of regular habit and ordinary time, into a deeper reality. Airports, train stations, and the morning commute are good places to be alert to messages.

4. Meet the Library Angel
Open a book at random and see what is staring at you from the page. It may be a theme for the day. Many people do this with the Bible or another sacred book. Or go to a favorite bookstore--used bookstores are especially magical--and see what pops up right away. You may come to notice, even among familiar books at home, that the benign "shelf elf," which Arthur Koestler called the Library Angel, will come and play with you--knocking a book off a shelf or revealing others in unexpected ways--if you are engaged in a quest.

5. Notice That Life Rhymes
Mark Twain said that history may not repeat itself, but it rhymes. This is also true of our personal history. When a name or a theme comes up again and again, it may be telling us that we need to get the message.

6. See an Opportunity Beyond Every Setback
My rule of thumb is: When you find a door closing in your face, look for the one that may be opening. Here's another example involving Mark Twain.

In Hannibal, Mo., young Sam Clemens read in the paper about a "wonder" plant in Brazil that was supposed to have healing properties. Local businessmen agreed to back Clemens on an expedition to acquire a large supply of the plant. But when he got to New Orleans, he discovered he couldn't get to Brazil from there. Repairing to a local tavern to drown his sorrows, he met a Mississippi riverboat captain who agreed to take him on as an apprentice pilot. From his experiences on the river, Clemens got the material for his best stories, as well as his pen name.

7. Don't Be Afraid to Get Lost
This is the cardinal navigational law of serendipity. You can only get to the magic kingdom by getting lost. You get there when you think you are going somewhere else and "fall off the map."Serendipity is a major factor in scientific discovery and invention, as well as in exploration and entrepreneurship. Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin by accident. He neglected to isolate bacterial cultures from stray spores blowing around his hospital building before going away on vacation. When he returned, he found that a mold had killed the bacteria in his experiment--and his trained mind recognized that he was looking at an extraordinary cure.
The glue used in Post-it notes was another accident; a scientist trying to produce a strong adhesive came up with a very weak one instead--and recognized an unexpected opportunity.

8. Notice Slips of the Tongue
It's amazing what can be revealed through a slip of the tongue. Pay attention to what's going on when you or someone else misspeaks a name or a phrase. This could be a Freudian slip, or a slip of a more interesting kind.

9. Identify Your Personal Omens
We don't want to carry around old superstitions. But we can often find guidance by identifying our personal omens. For me, seeing a friendly black dog, especially in an unlikely place, is always a sign that something good is about to happen.

10. Be a Synchronicity Magnet
Coincidences tend to cluster around us when we pursue our deepest creative desires. The stronger our emotions, the stronger the effect on our psychic and physical environment, and the more our direction is guided by meaningful coincidence.

The poet William Butler Yeats believed that when our minds are working on a challenging line of inquiry, we attract the interest and guidance of deeper intelligences.
The world responds to the thoughts and feelings to which we give the energy of our attention. There is no impermeable boundary between mind and matter anywhere in our universe. Through the power of our minds, we can open bridges between the everyday world and a deeper order of reality in which we may find the hidden logic of events--and our own larger stories.

By Author Robert Moss

A person getting enlightened is like the moon reflecting in the water. The moon does not get wet, the water is not disturbed. Though it is a great expanse of light, it reflects in a little bit of water; the whole moon and the whole sky reflect even in the dew on the grass; they reflect even in a single drop of water. Enlightenment not disturbing the person is like the moon not piercing the water. A person not obstructing enlightenment is like the dewdrop not obstructing the heavens.

-Dogen, "Flowers Fall"

Last edited:
One act of pure love in saving life is greater than spending the whole of one’s time in religious offerings to the gods.

-Dhammapada

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

- Marianne Williamson (often credited to Nelson Mandela, but she was the creator of the quote)

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

- Marianne Williamson (often credited to Nelson Mandela, but she was the creator of the quote)

Keep Helping to Heal The World~~~

Keep Helping to Heal The World~~~

Thanks Sue....I plan on it!! Michael inspired me to do this..It all started by me singing with a hand-selected choir for the first Aids walk in Atlanta, at Piedmont Park. It was called "From All Walks Of Life".. It was a big thing...we had several professionals there....We sang "Keep The Faith" and "Heal the World"...it was the most awesome, powerful, moving experience I have ever had so far musically. And it sparked this fire inside of me....after that experience, I DO want to save the world. NO QUESTION about it....maybe I can, but then again maybe I can't. I know it's crazy, a woman my age going into nursing....but I have Michael to thank....Thank you Michael. YOU are the reason why I went into this...along with always wanting to do this for a long time...

Last edited:
Thanks Sue....I plan on it!! Michael inspired me to do this..It all started by me singing with a hand-selected choir for the first Aids walk in Atlanta, at Piedmont Park. It was called "From All Walks Of Life".. It was a big thing...we had several professionals there....We sang "Keep The Faith" and "Heal the World"...it was the most awesome, powerful, moving experience I have ever had so far musically. And it sparked this fire inside of me....after that experience, I DO want to save the world. NO QUESTION about it....maybe I can, but then again maybe I can't. I know it's crazy, a woman my age going into nursing....but I have Michael to thank....Thank you Michael. YOU are the reason why I went into this...along with always wanting to do this for a long time...

Your very welcome...My philosophy, if there is just one person that we are helping, then we are making a difference, helping to Heal The World~~~

Don't ever have doubt about going back to school, no matter what age..! Sometimes when we are younger we take certain paths and put our desires, goals, dreams on hold...

When I got divorced in 1993, I had the x, a social worker from the Department of Health & Human Services tell me how likely it would be that I would ever complete an Associates, BA, & Law degree at my age..?

3.5 GPA in Legal Studies, 2006, 2007, 2008 President of the UA Legal Studies Association, 2007 Outstanding Student Award ect.

NEVER EVER allow anyone to tell you that your desires, goals, dreams are crazy, foolish, or unlikly...With dedication, persistance, and your desire to grow...Each and Everyone of can has the opportunities to accomplish ANYTHING!

Knowledge is Growth...Education is the Key! Keep Healing The World~~~

ATTITUDE

1.) "A positive attitude is perhaps more important at home than anywhere else. As spouses and parents, one of our most vital roles is to help those we love feel good about themselves."

By Keith Harrell

2.) "Optimists are right. So are pessimists. It's up to you to choose which you will be."

By Harvey Mackay

Last edited:
Your very welcome...My philosophy, if there is just one person that we are helping, then we are making a difference, helping to Heal The World~~~

Don't ever have doubt about going back to school, no matter what age..! Sometimes when we are younger we take certain paths and put our desires, goals, dreams on hold...

When I got divorced in 1993, I had the x, a social worker from the Department of Health & Human Services tell me how likely it would be that I would ever complete an Associates, BA, & Law degree at my age..?

3.5 GPA in Legal Studies, 2006, 2007, 2008 President of the UA Legal Studies Association, 2007 Outstanding Student Award ect.

NEVER EVER allow anyone to tell you that your desires, goals, dreams are crazy, foolish, or unlikly...With dedication, persistance, and your desire to grow...Each and Everyone of can has the opportunities to accomplish ANYTHING!

Knowledge is Growth...Education is the Key! Keep Healing The World~~~

Wow Sue!! You are one smart lady!! And you are right...I NEVER let ANYONE tell me what I can or cannot do at ANY age...

Interesting...What Possessions Are Valuable To You..?

Value is a very interesting concept. For example, something I value tremendously may hold very little value to you. This is an example of one of those intangible human idiosyncrasies that make each one of us the wonderful and unique individuals that we are.

I mulled over this topic while I was watching a news story about a house fire the other night. The reporter was interviewing a woman whose house was ablaze when she commented about the terrible personal loss that this fire claimed. Since she was not home when the fire erupted, she wasn’t able to save any of the contents inside her home. She was thankful to be alive but devastated by the loss of her personal mementos and belongings. As I watched this story unfold, it brought to mind a question that I would like you to think about today.

If your residence was on fire and you could only save three things, what would they be? I know this is an incredibly difficult scenario to contemplate, but in the name of insight and understanding, please do your best to play along. I would also ask that you exclude spouses, children and pets from this list and only focus on inanimate personal possessions.

You’ll probably find that your most valued objects are not always the priciest. So give this some serious thought, and whenever you’re ready, fire away!

Wishing You Great Health,
Dr. John H. Sklare

^I've been in a similar situation and yes, it is the personal things that are hardest to lose such as photos on the computers that were taken, and old conversations and creative writing. Like pieces of me. The stuff is just stuff. Most of it I can't even remember.

Re: Random Inspiration...Dear Ruth

Ruth went to her mail box and there was only one letter.

She picked it up and looked at it before opening, but then she looked at the envelope again.

There was no stamp, no postmark, only her name and address.

She read the letter:

Dear Ruth:

I`m going to be in your neighborhood Saturday afternoon and I'd like to stop by for a visit.

Love Always,
Jesus

Her hands were shaking as she placed the letter on the table. 'Why would the Lord want to visit me? I'm nobody special.. I don't have anything to offer.'

With that thought, Ruth remembered her empty kitchen cabinets.

'Oh my goodness, I really don't have anything to offer. I'll have to run down to the store and buy something for dinner.'

She reached for her purse and counted out its contents. Five dollars and forty cents.

Well, I can get some bread and cold cuts, at least.'

She threw on her coat and hurried out the door.

A loaf of French bread, a half-pound of sliced turkey, and a carton of milk...leaving Ruth with grand total twelve cents to last her until Monday.

Nonetheless, she felt good as she headed home, her meager offerings tucked under her arm.

'Hey lady, can you help us,lady?'

Ruth had been so absorbed in her dinner plans, she hadn't even noticed two figures huddled in the alleyway.

A man and a woman, both of them dressed in little more than rags.

'Look lady, I ain't got a job, ya know, and my wife and I have been living out here on the street, and, well, now it's getting cold and we're getting kinda hungry and, well, if you could help us. Lady, we'd really appreciate it.'

Ruth looked at them both.

They were dirty, they smelled bad and frankly, she was certain that t hey could get some kind of work if they really wanted to.

'Sir, I'd like to help you, but I'm a poor woman myself. All I have is a few cold cuts and some bread, and I'm having an important guest for dinner tonight and I was planning on serving that to Him.'

'Yeah, well, okay lady, I understand. Thanks anyway.'

The man put his arm around the woman's shoulders, turned and headed back into the alley.

As she watched them leave, Ruth felt a familiar twinge in her heart.

'Sir, wait!'

The couple stopped and turned as she ran down the alley after them.

'Look, why don't you take this food. I'll figure out something else to serve my guest.'

She handed the man her grocery bag.

'Thank you lady. Thank you very much!'

'Yes, thank you!' It was the man's wife, and Ruth could see now that she was shivering

'You know, I've got another coat at home.

Here, why don't you take this one.'

Ruth unbutt oned her jacket and slipped it over the woman's shoulders.

Then smiling, she turned and walked back to the street...without her coat and with nothing to serve her guest.

'Thank you lady!

Thank you very much!'

Ruth was chilled by the time she reached her front door, and worried too.

The Lord was coming to visit and she didn't have anything to offer Him.

She fumbled through her purse for the door key. But as she did, she noticed another envelope in her mailbox.

'That's odd. The mailman doesn't usually come twice
in one day.'

Dear Ruth:

It was so good to see you again.

Thank you for the lovely meal.

And thank you, too, for the beautiful coat.

Love Always,
Jesus

The air was still cold, but even without her coat, Ruth no longer noticed.

If you love Jesus, send this to ten people Do not keep this message.

The mantra must leave your hands within 96 hours.

You will get a very pleasant surprise.

This is true, even if you are not superstitious.

Good things will happen to everyone that touches this story!

^I've been in a similar situation and yes, it is the personal things that are hardest to lose such as photos on the computers that were taken, and old conversations and creative writing. Like pieces of me. The stuff is just stuff. Most of it I can't even remember.

Wow, thats a bummer. Thats why I think I used to print everything years ago. Gosh I have been storing bins of original (s) poetry/conversations ect. since the birth of the home computer/Prodigy...

My sister Deb keeps telling me I need to go through them, I'm like, someday...

I too have lost some college projects files that I had on the computer that I desired to save until my computer had internal issues and I lost them. Thats why its important to save them on a back up CD.

Last edited:
Re: Beauty, Shining Through

My son's body was covered with scars, but his spirit came through pure and true.
By Lynne Massie

It was 4 o'clock in the morning on June 9, 2003, when I received the phone call parents dread.

"This is the emergency room calling and your son was just brought in with severe burns on his face, neck, and arms. We have called for an airlift and are going to fly him to the burn unit in Seattle."

Seattle was 350 miles from his college, so we knew immediately this was serious.

The physician described the accident, which caused the burns. At 2am, our son and his friends decided to barbecue hamburgers in the courtyard of their apartment complex. Not exactly the dinner hour for you and me, but for college students, probably fairly normal. While they were cooking, an automatic sprinkler system came on, dousing the grill. They dragged the wet grill to another location and attempted to relight it. Doing what most adults know not to do, they squirted lighter fluid directly on the smoldering coals. The grill literally exploded, and, as it ignited, the flames caught my son's shirt tail. With his clothes ablaze, the flames shot from his waist to well over his head.

Fortunately, one of the boys was quick witted, grabbed my son, and rolled him into the sprinkler system. While it saved his life, it was not in time to save him from severe burns and the associated terrible scars.

After he recovered from the intense treatments, the doctors told him they would not do plastic surgery for 6 months because it takes that long for the skin to stop shrinking and wrinkling. So, he had to return to college with scars typical of severe burns.

When I was a child, my mother told my sister, who had a 10 inch, very visible and nasty scar on her arm, "Nancy, if you ignore the scar, other people will ignore it. It does not mean they will not notice it, because they will. But, it means it will not matter to them if it doesn't matter to you."

I passed this wisdom on to my son.

"Keaton, no one will pay any more attention to your scars than you do. If they do not bother you, they will not bother others." He took my advice to heart and returned to school with his head held high -- glad he was alive.

By the end of the six-month waiting period, he decided that the scars did not matter and did not define who he was. So he made the decision to forgo any plastic surgery.

We all have scars and flaws that we believe cause people to shun us. And we spend a lot of time thinking that if only we looked differently, or dressed differently, or could have more money, or a different and newer car, people would like us better.

But you see, like Keaton's scars, people will only judge you by your looks, or your clothes, or your car, IF you are judging yourself by these same false standards.

One of my friends in college was as ugly as homemade sin and yet, when people met him, they noticed his looks for about 10 seconds. This man felt good about himself as a person and spent most of his time concerned about other people's comfort and welfare. It never seemed to occur to him he would be rejected because of his looks -- and he wasn't.

What people saw was his kindness, his concern for them, and his sense of humor. They never noticed his looks because he set the standard himself. He didn't act "ugly" so people didn't treat him as "ugly".

What about your scars and flaws? Do you let them define who you are? Do you really believe that other people care about what is only on the surface? Or are you able to look beneath your skin and see the beautiful person residing within?

Today, put your imperfections out of your mind and concentrate on what you value within yourself. Because if you can see that beautiful person, every one you come in contact with will see the same beauty.

Let your beauty shine through.

I like that^

Beauty can get in the way too. People treat Different differently until they get to see past it, whether that difference is beauty, ugly, a scar, a colour, a disability, an Ability, a style. I guess one has to accept themselves whichever way they are.

I truly believe that its not what is on the outside that counts...

Personally, I am more intrigued in people that want to know about the human being, not what one can do for them, what one can give, or who one knows...

I have no respect for others that are fake, plastic, and self absorbed;

It all has to do with having a pure heart..!

Michael Jackson Is Not The Only One

Daily Christian Wisdom

Spirituality is important in every aspect of my life. I mean, that's why I'm here. That's what I've been blessed to do.

Denzel Washington

Last edited:
(cool thread)

support your kids at what they do best...you may find the key to life in the process

appreciating what one has...

i live in los angeles...and everybody from the tv weather forecasters to, what it seems like, most native californians complain about clouds. when the temperature is in the sixties..and the skies are grey..they complain as if it's a tornado. yet, they report about real tornadoes east of them, and say they are glad they don't have them in los angeles. but you would never know it, to hear all the complaining about sixty degree cloudy days.

people head to california for the weather, then they complain about it when they get there.

the tv weather forecasters quickly forget about how ninety degree weather causes brush fires...and they say they look forward to the ninety degree weather. then, when it comes...they worry about the fires, that their abnormally short memories forgot, come when it is ninety degrees.

this is a micorcosm of wanting what you don't have, then complaining about it once you get it. the world would be a better place, if there were less of that.

The world today is upside down because there is so very little love in the home, and in family life. We have no time for each other. Everybody is in such a terrible rush, and so anxious…and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.

-Mother Teresa

Helping to Heal The World~~~

A thought for today...it is all in your perspective...
Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room. One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs. His bed was next to the room’s only window.The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back. The men talked for hours on end. They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation.

Every afternoon when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window.

The man in the other bed began to live for those one hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the world outside.

The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake. Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every color and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance.

As the man by the window described all this in exquisite detail, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine the picturesque scene.
One warm afternoon the man by the window described a parade passing by.
Although the other man couldn’t hear the band - he could see it in his mind’s eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words.

Days and weeks passed.

One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths, only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep. She was saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body away.

As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone.

Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the real world outside.

He strained to slowly turn to look out the window beside the bed.

It faced a blank wall. The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this window.

The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall.

She said, “Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you.”

Epilogue:There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations.
Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled.

“Today is a gift, that’s why it is called the present.”

I take this story as a view on your perspective...If you choose to, you can see a wall...if you choose to, you can see a beautiful scene beyond that wall...

Story and Moral for Today...
The Story Of The Boatman And The Teacher
A certain man named, Arya, who was the proud owner of a boat, invited the village teacher for an excursion on the Caspian Sea. The teacher lolled about under the canopy and asked Arya, "What kind of weather will we have today?"

Arya checked the direction of the wind, looked up at the sun, wrinkled his brow, and answered, "If you ask me, we is going to have a storm."

Horrified by this reply, the teacher made a face and said critically, "Arya, you should not say 'we is' but say 'we are'. Didn't you ever learn grammar?"

Arya responded to this reprimand with nothing but a shrug of his shoulders. "What do I care about grammar?" he asked.

The teacher was at his wits' end. "You don't know grammar. That means half your life is down the drain!"

Just as Arya had predicted, dark clouds developed on the horizon, a strong wind whipped the waves, and the boat tossed about in the rough sea. In no time there was lots of water in the boat and Arya asked the teacher, "Have you ever learned to swim?"

The teacher answered, "No. Why should I learn to swim?"

Grinning from ear to ear, Arya replied, "Well, in that case your whole life is down the drain, because our boat is going to sink any minute now!"

MORAL: Do not balk at learning new ideas and new skills, for you never know when they may come in handy!

Back