R u married?

are you married?

• Yes

Votes: 30 21.4%
  • No

Votes: 110 78.6%

• Total voters
I am not married but do have a deep love relationship with my boyfriend for several years now.
We've discussed the construct of marriage before and always thought we don't need that paper.

Since June this year now we know he's suffering from a brain tumor (for those who know a bit about brain cancer it's a Glioblastom WHO grade IV) so he'll probably has not that long to live anymore... since I admitt I'm thinking a bit different.

I personally do believe (and experienced a lot through research) that cancer and most... if not all suffering on this world humanity brought on itself and it makes sense we're all going through it one way or another.

But I'm just thinking maybe first I should leave no doubt to Mr. God who is taken away from me by this disease, second this way I want to show death pretty clear, it will not end this love, no chance.

Well my bf and me will talk about this and decide.

... the rest about marriage is not important to me at all.

i dont think i'll ever wanna get married. i dont believe in it. for a marriage or even a simple relationship to be healthy and happy on both parts is very rare imo. only true love can make a marriage to last for a lifetime and thats very hard to find nowadays. love is the most important part that can make a relationship work and last forever but theres also other things that matter a lot such as respect, understanding, sacrifices, patience etc
love alone aint enough. i can honestly say i havent seen ONE married couple in my entire life thats happy and satisfied with their marriage. not a single one. yelling, b*tching, moaning and trashing each other is their everyday routine. thanks but no thanks

Mechi..like you said, there is a higher being and and his creator will look after him...I also believe in miracles. very sweet story none the less..

I've been in a relationship for a few years and me and my fiance plan to get married in May next year...I do admit I have got the wedding jitters.... in a way I would have liked to have not been bound by papers and legal jargon which jades everything unfortunately though family/ traditions dictate otherwise for me..so marry it is for me!

Mechi I'm really sorry to hear about your boyfriend. That's truly horrible. :(

I'm single. Never been married but I'm interested in someone at the moment :wub:

thanks! It's ok for now... I had no idea what I obviously can adapt to... then again well there's no choice! I'm so happy for now cuz he's home at our place now after his first phase of chemo therapy (there will be five more phases though).
Don't know if these are the right words but our happiness seems to be even more intense now. We cherish and enjoy every moment together so much! And really are as happy as one can be.
Anyways thanks for your thoughts guys!!!

^^ It's nice that you are so close and so inlove... not alot of people have that these days! I know I'd do anything for that kind of love... In that sense.. you have been blessed... :)

You are so right!
Well we're only in our sixth year of relationship but yep you're right... maybe we'll not have 20 or more years this way... but we have to be thankfull for the wonderful time we've had and still have full of real and true deep love for eachother... that's so much more than many ppl find through all their lifetime!

Last edited:
You are so right!
Well we're only in our sixth year of relationship but yep you're right... maybe we'll not have 20 or more years this way... but we have to be thankfull for the wonderful time we've had and still have full of real and true deep love for eachother... that's so much more than many ppl find through all their lifetime!

Couldn't agree more with you.I hope and Pray that your bf can make it.
I have faith that he can because love,and positive thoughts and acts around him,can help him a lot.
In your place,i would do everything i could to make sure my bf would be well and happy to.(even if that would mean a lot of changes in my life).

Oh wow, Mechi. I couldn't even imagine... Stay strong. :)
---
As for me, nope. Although, I've always imagined myself marrying young (in my mid 20's), so that's not too far away, lol.

I believe marriage is a beautiful thing if two people are willing to put their all into it. The paper, the rings... it's all tradition. I grew up in a household where my mother took my father's name and all... they're relationship has been to hell and back, but the beautiful thing is that they've been married for nearly 30 years and now they're just as happy as when they first met. Marriage comes with a lot of bumps b/c you're asking two different people to live as one. Frankly, I think it's people that give up too easily on marriage.

Not married, but I'm in a steady relationship . I don't know if I ever want to get married though, I told my b/f that I most likely would never get married and he didn't take it too well, so I might be single pretty soon lol. Anyway, congrats to those who are married-esp. those who've been married for a number of years.

Since June this year now we know he's suffering from a brain tumor (for those who know a bit about brain cancer it's a Glioblastom WHO grade IV) so he'll probably has not that long to live anymore... since I admitt I'm thinking a bit different.

I personally do believe (and experienced a lot through research) that cancer and most... if not all suffering on this world humanity brought on itself and it makes sense we're all going through it one way or another.

But I'm just thinking maybe first I should leave no doubt to Mr. God who is taken away from me by this disease, second this way I want to show death pretty clear, it will not end this love, no chance.

Whoa, I'm sorry to hear about your b/f :-(. I do believe in miracles and anything can happen so I would not give up hope if I were you, but it doesn't sound like you will, which is great. Seems like you have a good attitude. I wish you two the best.

We will be celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary in September and still very much in love, we are soul mates. I have truly been blessed.

I am not married but do have a deep love relationship with my boyfriend for several years now.
We've discussed the construct of marriage before and always thought we don't need that paper.

Mechi, Im so sad to hear your news, stay strong and keep the faith, my prayers are with you both and hope that your bf will get better, xx

benn married 5 years on august. i have 2 kids. a 3 yearold, and soon to be 13 year old.

Just read this thread again and wanted to leave a 'thank you' again to everyone for their nice thoughts and prayers for my bf!

OMG! :eek: Mechi! I just noticed your post today. :sad: I'm really sorry to hear that! :sad:

Keep the faith and my prayers with you and with your boyfriend.:yes:

Single. But not by choice. (then again, maybe it is by choice since the pickins' are slim)
In due time I suppose.

Congrats to all you happily married people! :D
And congrats to all you happily single nd divorced people too! Hahaaaaaa!

No but when I do I'm taking two wives as part of my African tradition. I'm still exploring the idea as nobody in my immediate and extended family is part of a polygamous marriage.

no I'm still in college...I don't need to be married yet

Not yet, but we plan on getting married in 2010 :unsure:
Its my dream to get married in a white beautiful dress in the church as the tradition! :yes:

Nope, I'm stilllll single.

Just read this thread again and wanted to leave a 'thank you' again to everyone for their nice thoughts and prayers for my bf!

Mechi....Just want to tell you that you,your bf,and your parents are ALWAYS in my thoughts and prayers.
God Bless you.
love you so...

Back