Promotion for Bad25

Gregershansen

Proud Member
I am very curious about how the promotion for Bad25 is in your country. Here in Denmark there is absolute nothing, not even Sony in Denmark have metioned Bad25 at their website!!! I called three different record stores to ask if they have got Bad25 yet, and nobody have heard about it. Then I wanted to investigate this, and I have found out that it's the same in many countries. It's gonna be difficult to sell many albums if it's only available at online stores. Maybe we should contact Sony to hear what's going on?

Absolutely nothing here in Hungary. No Pepsi-MJ ads on TV, no media articles. Well, there were two articles I saw about the Spike Lee documentary - one fully dedicated to the docu, the other was about films those won't be aired here but should be. They included Spike's film in it.

But about the Bad 25 package I saw nothing. It's not very surprising though and I don't think it means anything for the rest of the world. This is a very small country, with a very small record buying market, so probably Sony just didn't bother. I know there's more in neighbouring countries, such as Romania or Austria (I saw a Romanian Pepsi-MJ TV ad and pics of MJ posters on the streets of Vienna).

I don't know what's the situation in stores - there aren't many record stores left here. I ordered from an online retailer I usually order from and it seems to me they don't have it yet, but they will get them within this week. The estimated shipment date for me is the 25th.

The two nearest HMV stores to me (in the UK) had no promotional posters on view....items were just stocked in the normal display areas with all the other CDs.

It's exactly the same here in Finland, there is absolutely zero promotion. The official release date was last Friday and they still don't have Bad25 in stores and noone seems to know anything about it. I'm glad I ordered the suitcase from mj.com and got it on Friday, but it pisses me off that Sony does nothing to promote this wonderful release.

Same in Singapore, no news or promotions here at all. I'm also curious why it's not out yet, it's already September 18 in here.

A bit OT, but we just talked about it with other MJ fans in my country recently how you can find more Jackson 5 and childhood MJ CDs in stores than adult MJ albums. There must be something wrong with the distribution of Sony if even Motown outdoes them.

And once again it seems like not everything is well with Sony's distribution - at least when it comes to MJ material. I have seen lots of complaints in the past days about how you can hardly find Bad 25 in stores.

absolutely nothing in South Africa (there was tons for thriller 25) i phoned my local music store about a week ago seeing if i could pre order, or if they were shipping the deluxe edition in. None of them even knew what i was talking about... it was sad to be honest

Here in the Netherlands there is also absolutely NO promotion... The CD's are just like all the other CD's in the same place... NO posters, NO ads, NOTHING!!

A man in the FreeRecordShop in the Netherlands said they only got 60% of the order they placed at Sony... So it is quickly selling out... The 3CD/1DVD boxset is already sold out...

A man in the FreeRecordShop in the Netherlands said they only got 60% of the order they placed at Sony... So it is quickly selling out... The 3CD/1DVD boxset is already sold out...

You know I was wondering about the fact that many people complain that their orders are delayed from Amazon or elsewhere. I wonder if that is good or bad. I mean it seems like there are more orders than they can handle, so orders get delayed, but whether that is because of high demand or because they initially ordered from Sony such a low stock, not expecting it to sell? I don't know which one.

Sony have had so much time for arranging this, I am so dissapointed about them, this release is absolutely one of the best ever, and then they destroy it like this. The media will blast that this album doesn't sell better than it does, but it's difficult when the stores doesn't have it and no promotion so that normal people doesn't have a clue about this Bad25!!!

There is no promotion here. They should at least show some ads on tv.

It's exactly the same here in Finland, there is absolutely zero promotion. The official release date was last Friday and they still don't have Bad25 in stores and noone seems to know anything about it. I'm glad I ordered the suitcase from mj.com and got it on Friday, but it pisses me off that Sony does nothing to promote this wonderful release.

You got it on friday? I ordered Deluxe edition from Levykauppa X and they still haven't got them from the supplier.

Last edited:
Absolutely no promotion in the Czech Republic either. The release date was 14th, but it's not available in shops yet. I emailed one of the biggest stores here and they said they should get it sometimes during this week. No mention of it on sonymusic.cz either.

There is no promotion here. They should at least show some ads on tv.

You got it on friday? I ordered Deluxe edition from Levykauppa X and they still haven't got them from the supplier.

I haven't heard of any stores in Finland having it as of yet. I preordered the expensive-as-hell deluxe case (http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/store/bad-25th-anniversary/bad-25-deluxe-collectors-edition) from mj.com months ago and some of those cases were sent out last week. Picked up my copy from the UPS storage at Vantaa on Friday. Couldn't have been happier :)

I really wish there was some promotion for Bad25 but then again, why would they promote something that's not even available in stores? lol So frustrating.
Come on Sony, you can do better than this.

No promotion here in Slovenia either. One of the biggest cd/dvd stores in the capital city only got 1(!!!!!) copy of a deluxe (3CD+DVD) version. It's a shame!

I read Bad25 had an advert during x factor on sunday - it's one of the biggest rated tv shows here. I think an ad during the reboot of dallas would have been good - all that 80s notalgia.

I haven't seen any promotion. Maybe Sony thinks it's only fans who'll buy this anyway, so they're not even trying to get the general public interested. Or maybe they think they'll get a nice enough profit even if it doesn't sell that many copies because the price is higher than a regular album's. I don't know. It would have been nice if there had been some promotion, I would have loved it if non-fans discovered this album too. Although that could still happen, we'll just have to wait and see if interest in this album picks up when the documentary is aired.

Nothing in Ireland either... Staff in HMV and Golden discs were aware the cd was coming out but had no clue about deluxe version or Wembley dvd. No promotional displays or advertising of any sort. Nothing on itunes either...

Absolutely NOTHING .... ZIP in South Africa .... :(

They have not even heard about BAD25 .... and we also did not get the Pepsi BAD promotion.

Had to order mine online from the MJ store and will no doubt wait a while before it arrives ... just like I had to wait for my Visionary box set.

WATZUP $ony ..... WATZUP Pepsi SA ????

You know I was wondering about the fact that many people complain that their orders are delayed from Amazon or elsewhere. I wonder if that is good or bad. I mean it seems like there are more orders than they can handle, so orders get delayed, but whether that is because of high demand or because they initially ordered from Sony such a low stock, not expecting it to sell? I don't know which one.

The DVD is temporarily out of stock now at Amazon.co.uk: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Michael-Jac...9QIW/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1347988324&sr=8-6

Impressive sales or bad logistics by Sony/Amazon?

Zero promotion in Ireland, and even worse the DVD is only available in HMV....

well, I saw one bad 25 commercial on my TV this morning (US) . :)

and maybe they will run Pepsi commercial during X-factor?

Nothing in Ireland either... Staff in HMV and Golden discs were aware the cd was coming out but had no clue about deluxe version or Wembley dvd. No promotional displays or advertising of any sort. Nothing on itunes either...

Yep i got mine Friday in HMV and they only had the 2 disc version on the shelves. When i asked about the deluxe version there were confused faces all round. Eventually someone got me a copy from the back!

Absolutely nothing here in Hungary. No Pepsi-MJ ads on TV, no media articles. Well, there were two articles I saw about the Spike Lee documentary - one fully dedicated to the docu, the other was about films those won't be aired here but should be. They included Spike's film in it.

But about the Bad 25 package I saw nothing. It's not very surprising though and I don't think it means anything for the rest of the world. This is a very small country, with a very small record buying market, so probably Sony just didn't bother. I know there's more in neighbouring countries, such as Romania or Austria (I saw a Romanian Pepsi-MJ TV ad and pics of MJ posters on the streets of Vienna).

I don't know what's the situation in stores - there aren't many record stores left here. I ordered from an online retailer I usually order from and it seems to me they don't have it yet, but they will get them within this week. The estimated shipment date for me is the 25th.

Austria? Promotion, absolutely not...

Absolutely no promotion in Austria.
no tv promos. not radio promos. nothing. when i asked a few days before the release in a store about the album, they even know about a new album. (sony employes coming weekly to them) when it was released, and i went to a big local record store, one of the employes still dont even know about a release. only one copy (brilliant version) was under a lot other different albums from different artists behind the desk (only employes have access to this), where noone can take it to buy. so no copy in this store. and i only can order one if i want. they dont ording something for the store! other stores have a few. a few brilliant versions, and very few (almost 1 or 2 copies) copies of the deluxe version.

but of course she have know about the pink album (very very much copies were allready availalbe, and she is also from sony). and sony is doing promo in austria for pinks album. radio, TV, newspaper. michael jackson... nothing.
so, for other artists, its good promotion here in austria. michael jackson... ZERO.

Last edited:

no tv promos. not radio promos. nothing. when i asked a few days before the release in a store about the album, they even know about a new album. (sony employes coming weekly to them) when it was released, and i went to a big local record store, one of the employes still dont even know about a release. only one copy (brilliant version) was under a lot other different albums from different artists behind the desk (only employes have access to this), where noone can take it to buy. so no copy in this store. and i only can order one if i want. they dont ording something for the store! other stores have a few. a few brilliant versions, and very few (almost 1 or 2 copies) copies of the deluxe version.

but of course she have know about the pink album (very very much copies were allready availalbe, and she is also from sony). and sony is doing promo in austria for pinks album. radio, TV, newspaper. michael jackson... nothing.
so, for other artists, its good promotion here in austria. michael jackson... ZERO.

I think that this release is only intended for fans. Didn't see any commercials or promos in holland either.

I knew there wouldn't be much promo here where I live because it's a small country with a small music market, and it's understandable that Sony doesn't bother with us. But I checked several stores today to see if they have the album, and I didn't see it anywhere. There's no promotion whatsoever, and you can't even find the album in a store.

I mean... this is ridiculous. I didn't realise the album was supposed to be a top-secret project that only hardcore fans know about. I know it wouldn't be fair to ask for huge promo here, but I do think it would be fair to ask that you could actually buy the album in a store.

That's sad. I thought there was some promotion in Austria, because I saw a pic where there was a Pepsi-MJ poster on the side of a bus stop. But it must have been something rather sporadic then.

I had to tell a fan today that the album was out and the tracks and Wembley were out. He is a big fan, has a youtube channel dedicated to MJ etc. he isn't on the boards like this though, so probably just assumes if there is a big release he'll hear about it somehow. It was a sad moment when i had to tell someone who keeps a look out for MJ news that this album was out, because aparantly in Sweden where he's from, he had absolutely no clue this album had come out, let alone the general public.

yeah, I was surprised too, I thought there was more promotion in Austria, I heard they have pepsi cans and I saw some picture with a banner on the bus.
I came all the way from Slovenia and I went to the biggest Media Markt and almost had a heart attack because they have never heard of deluxe edition, I was so pissed off!

Luckily I found it in Muller. So if u wanna buy it there you have them, they have several copies ;)

I found BAD 25 on local sonymusic website (it was well hidden though) - it says it's available on request usually in 10 days. The music store says they will get it on Friday or sometime during the next week. There must be some kind of problem with distribution...
It should be available in 2000 Watts, as you can't buy it anywhere (joking).

@ Sunwalker7 - haha, the top-secret project ;)

Back