Producer Fred Jerkins III : I'll release new Michael Jackson songs

new album and victory tour blu ray release? :D i wish.. itll most likely be history tour munich, although if it is.. i want the unedited show from july 4th, with michael's live vocals for some song's from the multitrack recording's. this is the show i would like:

i know they are titled as july 6th, but they are from july 4th.

I meant the album + studio footage DVD. then in 2015 it'd be whatever they wanted to do, concert, doc, anything! :)

Exciting for sure. I'm guessing June release next yr. 5th anniversary since his death. 10 more months. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's sooner. Just have a hunch on this. He didn't state how far along the project is. I had heard runners of a MJ song book he was working on. What that is I have no idea.

They should never ever release something for the anniversary of his death.

I meant the album + studio footage DVD. then in 2015 it'd be whatever they wanted to do, concert, doc, anything! :)

i think it couldve been originally shot on 16mm film, those camera's arent too expensive, they are a cheaper alternative to 35mm and still provide the resolution for a full HD Blu-ray. the footage sold on ebay could've just been a simple film to vhs transfer, itll be interesting to see when the new cd is released though, and what's included when it is announced :)

As much as this is exciting news im not gonna get excited till i see it happen

Too many times they say yeh it will come out and most of the time it doesnt which is why i will wait

best way to be

Remington Steele;3886089 said:
Can you provide a youtube-link, please?
Footage is not available. It was not sold, at least not on eBay. It was either the seller or a person communicating with the seller who told me that Chris Tucker visits the studio in the footage. I can't remember.

Anyway guys, I'm sorry to burst the big bubble tonight. This really sucks.

UPDATE: http://www.damienshields.com/unreleased-michael-jackson-material-coming-soon/

UPDATE: Rodney Jerkins was kind enough to give me the following statement in reaction to his brother Fred’s recent comments regarding the release of unheard Darkchild recordings with Michael Jackson:

“I have no idea what Fred is talking about. I have not spoken to him about this so not sure what material he is speaking of.” – August 12, 2013"

Glad Rodney put this to bed. They have very little, if any, material. They certainly haven't ever given anything to the estate from what I heard.

Glad Rodney put this to bed. They have very little, if any, material. They certainly haven't ever given anything to the estate from what I heard.

Then who has this full album worth of songs that MJ allegedly scrapped when he decided to start over?

boo :( that's all i can say :/

I wouldnt get to upset. Something is coming. I for one still hope for the MDP and BB secret project. We will here the Jerkins songs sometime. it won't be long. It always happens with rumor and stuff leaking on purpose. Building excitement. Keep the faith!

Bummer. As I've said over at the Maximum Jackson boards, we're inclined to believe that a) Rodney is lying to keep the album a surprise, b) Fred lied, or c) Fred gained clearance from the estate to drop an independent EP of the unreleased material. In any medium, I'm hoping some GOOD news emerges soon.

They have a fair amount from what I've been told. Nowhere near enough to fill an entire album, but an EP is possible. Hey, I'm up for anything, assuming that the unreleased material is at least similar to Escape in terms of sonic inventiveness and vocals. And it's my understanding that the Jerkins/Jackson collaborations were recorded on Sony's time and money, which would legally require them to hand the stem tapes over if Sony requested, unless I'm mistaken.

Then who has this full album worth of songs that MJ allegedly scrapped when he decided to start over?

Well, between 1998 and 1999, Michael recorded and worked on tracks primarily with Babyface, Brad Buxer, Dr. Freeze and Teddy Riley. He also recorded and/or worked with Walter Afanasieff, Robin Thicke, Lenny Kravitz, Sisqo, A.R. Rahman, Carole Bayer Sager and David Foster, alongside tracks he very well may have recorded and produced alone. It would incline us to believe that these people would possess the "original album" (assuming, of course, that Michael even had a track listing sketched out).

Additionally, Michael didn't necessarily decide to start over. He submitted a handful of new songs to Sony sometime in the summer of 1999 to give them a taste of what the album would be, and they rejected it, which ultimately led to Rodney joining album production in the spring of 2000.

Why do i get the feeling some producers just dont want them released?.... hope im wrong..

Personally, I'm still hoping that they'll release a new album of unreleased songs sometime within the next year.

OMG!!!! I AM JUMPING IN JOY UPON HEARING THIS NEWS! aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I really can't wait for this new album. Once they release this, I have more MJ songs to show off to the public when I go MJ sound tripping with my friends using my portable speakers!

^
^
The 'Never Say Never' singer worked with prolific producer Rodney 'Darkchild' Jerkins on the song, who produced Jackson's 2001 hit 'Rock My World', and says the late pop star was a big inspiration.

"Before I got in the booth, [Rodney Jerkins] showed me this hour-long video of Michael [Jackson] footage, never been seen before," Justin revealed during his Bieber Live special for MTV this week. "It's Michael's personality, him in the booth dancing.

"It's some really special stuff," Justin explained. "So me seeing that, going in there and being inspired and working with Rodney, who worked with Michael - it was incredible."
http://www.capitalfm.com/artists/justin-bieber/news/michael-jackson-die-in-your-arms/

:(

The fact that Justin Bieber saw it and the Michael Jackson fan community DIDN'T disgusts me. As far as I'm aware, if Rodney were to put the footage on YouTube for free he wouldn't need clearance from the estate. I'm dying to see some more studio footage -- Bad 25 really set my hopes high.

As if he'd do that, he's got a chance to make big money there.

Hey everyone, I first want to say it feels great to post on the forum again. I've been still frequenting the forum but have had some log in issues for the past months. There have been several topics I just itched at commenting on.. Great to be back on.

Now Rodney jerkins from what we can tell has been working on this since 2010. July of that year he publicly mentioned that he started putting things together. He did comment of the difficulty there is on the business side of things. I would assume he didn't shelf that project and just bring it back up again. Maybe this is a sign its really going somewhere!! In 2010 thow he made it sound like there was a project going on that he wanted to be a part of.. Which I might guess it was the "Michael" album.. So my honest guess is he didnt get the material on that,and didn't work out - he went to the drawing board after...

VIDEO FOOTAAAAAAAGE, songs.... oh god yes this should be released ASAP! this would be WORTH IT unlike some other "releases" going around involving the little person who apparently got to see that unseen footage, unfair and beyond :doh:...

Back