Poor editing in This Is It DVD!

Someone please send me a link to the DVD rip...

I'm still getting it on Blu-ray ASAP.

i downloaded a version of the DVD rip that doesnt have ANY subtitles at all.. even when u cant hear what people in the movie are saying, it doesnt have any subtitles to allow u to read what theyre saying.. anyone else have this problem? is it just the version i downloaded?

-Dal

No subs because it's a straight DVDRip. So the subs must be downloaded separately.
And yes, it's hilarious, specially since one of the 2 is a poor sped up cam version. He claimed to have seen it a hundred times and still missed a few major points... As I said, no offense, but pay a few more attention next time.

Someone clear that up: they indeed shown a sped up version for some countries in theaters? That would be weird.

please handle me a link for that version of the film via a PM :) That would be so cool :)

I don't think links are allowed to be shared on here at all including PM's. ;)

where can you download this???

hmm nvm you cant answer that in this thread... sorry.

well DVD rip is a DVDrip and before the release mind you. It isn't the final version they can still change stuff before the release in Jan. Heck the movie itself would probably be extended where the DVDrip online now is the theatrical version

The cam version that is popular on YouTube has the pitch shifted up one semitone and is slightly faster. The DVD version is what was shown in theaters, I'm sure of it.

Only difference I've found this far is between the first teaser of TDCAU and the Cinema/DVD version of it where there's a whole other orchestral piece in the interlude - not the same that they used in the HIStory tour and the first teaser.

At first I was like o_O - But then I was like O_O

I'm almost 100% certain that the leaked DVD and the version you saw @ the cinema is the exact same copy - just that you start noticing all the pitch shifts now at home.
I mean, the pitch shift is something Michael have done for years to not make his performances sound so "playbackish" when he doesn't sing - or at times to save his voice when overdub it.

"Heal The World" in the end of the DVD sounds absolutely grotesque with the pitch shift - sounds like some old perv moaning. They could've at least pitch shifted that back up 1 semitone.

EDIT: With this said - the editing itself in the movie was what made it as great as it was.
This truly an editing masterpiece.

Last edited:
Its the conversion from NTSC to PAL, thats all results in a slight speed up
I was reading about that on another forum recently. The PAL version is a few minutes shorter than the NTSC version. Someone said PAL always run about 4% faster. Whoa. Guess that's why Moonwalker in PAL sucks. I always had my NTSC video tape and got it on PAL DVD and was like... huh?

what i don't get is who is talking to Michael on the cherry picker? cause it seems like Michael's voice but it says "what would you say that to him (or maybe it is "me")?" and then Michael answered/said he knows i wanna go higher, he wants to tease me.... But we don't see Michael talk for the first part only

No subs because it's a straight DVDRip. So the subs must be downloaded separately.
And yes, it's hilarious, specially since one of the 2 is a poor sped up cam version. He claimed to have seen it a hundred times and still missed a few major points... As I said, no offense, but pay a few more attention next time.

Someone clear that up: they indeed shown a sped up version for some countries in theaters? That would be weird.

On opening night here at my local theatre, MJ sounded like a chipmunk. I'm not joking! It was obviously sped up. I saw it again later in the second week, and the sound and everything was fixed. My friend told me she saw the film in another theatre in her town, and she noticed it was sped up too, so I'm not the only one. I don't think the DVDRip is slowed down. I think the cam the original poster referred to was probably recording in one of these theatres that some how managed to have the film running at 1.25x its original speed.

Surely the subs when Mike's voice is too quiet to hear properly should be hardcoded. I don't want all the voices subbes the whole way through the film, I just want the parts that are difficult to hear subbed. If those parts aren't hard coded it sucks IMO.

the subtitles are all there, but not over the songs, just when people talk and for the bonus too
There's a DVD copy of the This Is It movie (on torrents) including some Bonus featured (not all due to 4.5 GB DVD size)

later edit: just saw that there are some English SDH subtitle too (so there will be subtitles/lyrics over the song too)
p.s. all the subtitles can be turn ON/OFF like on every dvd :) )

Last edited:
the subtitles are all there, but not over the songs, just when people talk and for the bonus too
There's a DVD copy of the This Is It movie (on torrents) including some Bonus featured (not all due to 4.5 GB DVD size)

later edit: just saw that there are some English SDH subtitle too (so there will be subtitles/lyrics over the song too)
p.s. all the subtitles can be turn ON/OFF like on every dvd :) )

yes saw it earlier today on various sites,even official cover is up.
This dvd has english and french subtitles.
I have pre-ordered it on blu-ray :)

Last edited:
Blu-ray version is now on various torrent sites....damn,I want the real thing :(

"Heal The World" in the end of the DVD sounds absolutely grotesque with the pitch shift - sounds like some old perv moaning. They could've at least pitch shifted that back up 1 semitone.
I'm glad I'm not the only one hearing this. First time I heard it, I was like "OMG NEW RECORDED HEAL THE WORLD", but it's actually the orginale one.

I just watched the DVDrip and it's seems the same to me

NOTE:Yes i will buy the Bluray

just got done watching the bluray rip looked and sounded exactly the same.

you guys really need to stop complaining we are really lucky to even have this.

Nothin unusual on the dvd rip, only the sound it's lower but i guess it's normal...

yeah threatened was BAAAD in the rip, but the other stuff is good, same as the theatrical version

theatrical version was 24fps. May be that version was faster :) When I watched in cinema, I said to my friend, Michael's voice sounds different!?

So what was source; filmed in which fps? 25 - 29.97 - 24 !?!

If the source was 29.97, than converted to 24 (for cinema) must be faster. Aslo 25fps is faster too.

The fps wouldn't affect the audio. The frames per second is how many times an image is shown per second. 24 fps means 24 pictures flash in succession on the screen per second. A video is just a series of still images... like a flipbook.

you sure :) Frame number doesn't change, just fps changes.

Lets think source is 100.000 pictures. One is playing 24, other is 25. which one ends first?

I think 25 will end first. So what will we do with audio? Audio will continue after video?

with your logic; yes video will stop, and audio will go on. So, 25fps audio is must be faster too (to stop with video at the same time)

I think it's like this; when Michael was alive, they never think to release at cinemas. So they filmed for just DVD. After Michael's death, they wanted to release for cinema saloons. They had to change fps. There is no difference (PAL / NTSC) for Theatrical version.

Let me give you an example; source is 29.97 NTSC. I did render first 29.97 (nothing changes, other is 25 speed changed)

Than I did open this tracks in NTSC project again. Starts the same, but finishs not at the same time :) This is a short clip, if think it's 2 hours difference will be bigger;

as you see starts with the same time & the same frames;

1sfx1g.png

and now, end place; check this

28uk8aq.png

and check clip properties; (run time) NTSC one has real playing time

oirr0w.png

21m84u8.png

you see, time changed. If time changed for video, what will do with audio :)

Back