Poll: Keep Your Head Up

Crap. Lame. Cringe-worthy. Soulless. Boring. Disjointed. Questionable.

Not sure why it's still on the album, or why it was on there in the first place.

Just my opinion, though.

I hope you know MJ has a large r&b following that loves his soulful side including Steve Harvey and all Urban radio stations. You got to be hot on r&b/hip hop radio in the USA these days in order for a track to be a hit. Pop radio isnt enough.

You cant abandoned the fans that prefer this style

I hope you know MJ has a large r&b following that loves his soulful side including Steve Harvey and all Urban radio stations. You got to be hot on r&b/hip hop radio in the USA these days in order for a track to be a hit. Pop radio isnt enough.

You cant abandoned the fans that prefer this style
TRUTH.com!:clapping:

In fact, for those of us that remember, R&B/Urban radio practically saved Invincible when pop wouldn't play it. Urban radio played both YRMW AND the remix with Jay-Z; urban radio took Butterflies to where it went, and there were even some stations that played Heaven Can Wait.

Despite this being one of the questionable songs, I have a hard time believing that this isn't MJ. The vocals remind me too much of a cross between Cry and Someone Put Your Hand Out, and can Jason Malachi (or anyone) deliver falsetto as good as what comes off on this track? I don't want to be the one to derail this thread, but if anyone can convince me that this isn't Michael, I'd like to hear/read it in the "People who don't believe" thread. I'll bump that too.

I like the song musically, but the vocals just aren't there for me. I prefer Best Of Joy, Much Too Soon and The Way You Love Me.

All of MJ's previous inspirational ballads I find much better.

First of all I adore this song. Really pretty. But now I'm listening to the MJ.com stream I hear a weird tick going in and out throughout the entire song. Does anyone else hear this? I hope it's due to the stream because it's rather annoying.

i love this song.

-----------------------------
Killing up the life in the birds and the trees
And we're sucking up the air in the earth from under me [it's never to late]
I can even breathe [just lean]
I can even see [on me]
Keep up your head up, don't give up today
How long can we wait
I wish the Love would come today

-----------------------------

if you want to enjoy this album, my advice would be concentrate rather on the lyrics.

Back