Paul Anka to release THIS IS IT duet with MJ

I don't like it. Michael's voice is amazing as always but it's like Paul Anka's overpowering the song and he's not that good. Michael's parts sound half of the real volume. I also don't like the choir, they are just ok.

Desperate over the hill Paul Anka, should be bowing to the talented artists that put him on the map.

Less- than- graceful exit always sad and pathetic.

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #27 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)

I think it's an OK duet. I like Michael's part here, but Anka's vocals are not great here, I expected his voice will be powerful.

Have you guys heard the full song or just the snippet?

I would love to hear the entire song, can't judge the song by such a short snippet really.

The full song has been available on youtube, etc. for a week

This is a perfect example of how over-production can ruin a song.

one can barely hear MJ's voice with the music going higher then him and the choir in the background. I do like the beginning though, where it was just a bit calmer. I like the one on the album moreee

I don't like it. Michael's voice is amazing as always but it's like Paul Anka's overpowering the song and he's not that good. Michael's parts sound half of the real volume. I also don't like the choir, they are just ok.

This is a perfect example of how over-production can ruin a song.

one can barely hear MJ's voice with the music going higher then him and the choir in the background. I do like the beginning though, where it was just a bit calmer. I like the one on the album moreee

I thought the same thing. In the 2nd part where MJ comes in The music and choir are too loud and drown out and over power Michael's vocals. They are also the same vocal range and is doesn't harmonise well to make his vocals stand out. There also seems to be some sort of interference in the BG. (static hissing?? can't quite make it out) This wasn't mixed very well. IMO.

Have you guys heard the full song or just the snippet?

I would love to hear the entire song, can't judge the song by such a short snippet really.

Here is the full song. Its not terrible, but didn't do Mj justice IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQM770vbgO8

Terrible, I was enjoying it in the beggining, but when Paul started to sing, it became absolute crap! And I agree, it was completely over-produced. Also, the 2009 version isn't good as well.

Do you think it was done on purpose that you can barely hear Michael? I remember Paul acting like it was always his song so you never know with the way that guy thinks. Using Michael's name for attention but then it's all more Paul on it.

Do you think it was done on purpose that you can barely hear Michael? I remember Paul acting like it was always his song so you never know with the way that guy thinks. Using Michael's name for attention but then it's all more Paul on it.

He seems to be pretty narcisstic, so I can imagine it was on purpose.

That's what I thought when I first heard it. It sounds like Michael was too good and Paul had to do something about it. For real. The production itself is bad but the it really sounds like it's even worse on MJ parts.

Back