Paul Anka to release THIS IS IT duet with MJ

well, I didn't know Paul was promoting the song for the estate, then it changes my attitude. It seems he can't promote an old version of the song in this case and has put his vocals to a new version. Concerning the tapes, the song was made new, there is no voice recording from that time from the tapes in the song, at least I don't hear it when I listen. Yes, the melody is pretty much the same, but he could have kept it in his head as well without having to steal anything.

Last edited:
I personally really like it. It's a big change from the demo version we got and I'm liking the harmonies. No offense to Paul but I'm not buying the rest of the album. I'll probably just splurge on this :p

I want to hear it in full first and then to say my opinion. Don't judge something after you saw just a part of it.

For now I really like it, no offense for other fans who hate this version, but I will say my opinion after listening it in full.

I want to hear it in full first and then to say my opinion. Don't judge something after you saw just a part of it.
Of course it's fair enough if you want to wait for the full version before forming or expressing your opinion, but I do not see why others should not be able to comment on the basis of a 30 second snippet if they want to. This seems like more than enough time to get an idea of the style in which the song is performed, especially since we all know the melody for this song already.

Btw, does anyone else also feel that MJ's voice does not match very well with Anka's? Although, as I said, I liked the instrumentation of the duet version that Anka performed live, I thought his voice (when he was doing ad-libs) did not blend well with Michael's at all.

I like Michael's part. Too bad he made it a duet.

I like Michael's part. Too bad he made it a duet.
This is a nice example of why I don't want a new MJ album with "duets". I would end up disliking many of the songs since I'm not a person who listens to a lot of random artists. I just heard a 1.30 min version of this and it still sounds off and bad when Anka kicks in. From an angel's voice to a grumpy grandpa voice. No thanks, man.

The snippet made it sound better than it is imo (and I already did not like that). Crappy beat, Anka's voice does not sound good and does not gel with MJ's at all, the mix is very messy and jumbled, the instrumentation misses all the soulful elements that I liked in the live version Anka performed in 2010, and overall it just has a very cheesy feel. Definitely not a fan of this version.

This version doesn't sound too bad; the new vocals in itself warrants a spot on my iTunes when it officially gets released.

I won't buy anything with Ankas name attached, I like Michael's part, but when Anka kicks in, it sounds bloody awful, I prefer the demo/2009 version.

This is a nice example of why I don't want a new MJ album with "duets". I would end up disliking many of the songs since I'm not a person who listens to a lot of random artists. I just heard a 1.30 min version of this and it still sounds off and bad when Anka kicks in. From an angel's voice to a grumpy grandpa voice. No thanks, man.

If you have full Michael Jackson's vocals then, no, of course.

But if you have a great song with partial vocals. For example one verse and a chorus (there are many songs in that shape). Something like Hold My Hand. Then I say yes to duet album. But the duet partners should be selected very carefully and with respect to MJ. I wouldn't like to hear Paul Anka, of course, but duets with Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Stevie Wonder, Usher, Lady Gaga, Ne-Yo, Mariah Carey and even Janet, would be nice.

I don't like the full version. Live version was great. I expected something like that mixed with Safire version but with new arrangement. This is bad.

Duet with JT? Lady Gaga? WHAT? Why cant it how it used to, the artists voice and songs on the album and hopla, we're done. Too mich hassle with duets and remixes, especially the last one, they pretty much gross me out to put it nicely. Especially, if it wasnt a mix made when MJ was alive. Hell no.

If they did do a duet or a remix Michael wouldn't get any credit.

There seems to be a lot of weird noise in the background...

If they did do a duet or a remix Michael wouldn't get any credit.
Why don't you think he wouldn't be credited? If someone uses his vocals his lyrics or his music they have to credit him, As far as I know. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding what you meant.

but duets with Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Stevie Wonder, Usher, Lady Gaga, Ne-Yo, Mariah Carey and even Janet, would be nice.

The Stevie Wonder and Janet Jackson duets have been done when Michael was alive and are both memorable killer joints between two iconic artists, if it's Stevie or his sister Janet. So there's no need to ruin that IMO. As for the rest...No thanks!

The Stevie Wonder and Janet Jackson duets have been done when Michael was alive and are both memorable killer joints between two iconic artists, if it's Stevie or his sister Janet. So there's no need to ruin that IMO. As for the rest...No thanks!

Nothing can ruin that.

i like p. ankas voice.. he starts the verses amazingly but at the end he just breaks down the epic feeling, which you get while listening the song!

anyway i like that one, michaels bridge after pauls part could be louder

^^ maybe its just me but the mixing on Michael vocals sounded very diffrent and low at points. Other than that i really liked the song :)

I actually like it. I kind of wish this version was released instead of what we got, minus Paul Anka of course, but his part's ok. I just like that it's more upbeat because the original version makes me sad sometimes.

Will not be supporting this.......i read the parts about mj in his autobio and he constantly called mj disturbed...and suggested that he was two faced and also that he had lots of kids over and that it was scary among other things........so i implore fans NOT to support this man and him trying to make money off of mj

Back