Paul Anka not listed as co-writer

I saw Paul Anka on "The View" yesterday and the first thing out of his mouth (regarding how he hadn't gotten credit,) was that it was an "honest mistake". He's a good guy. :)

The first interviews that came out he said MJ stole the tapes. After he was acknowledged and paid he cleaned it up a bit. It was all over the net that MJ plagiarized his music.

I will call him Anka. Anka does not need defending because we are only hearing his side of the story. Defend the speechless. Defend the dead. Who is his voice. Yes, Anka deserves his money, but must you tear someone else down? He was always going to get his money because his name was listed as Co-writer of I Never Heard. This type of issue happens everyday in the music business it is happening right now as we speak but it is not making the news. HMMM wonder why?

For anyone who takes offense to Michael Jackson fans defending Michael Jackson on a Michael Jackson Community Forum fan site should (well you know)

Who's doing that?

There've only been comments noting a) dislike for namecalling as a method of defending MJ, and b) that Anka deserved his cut.

Chill.

Always said he deserve his cut in all of my postings on this matter, but some want to say poor Anka. Poor Michael he is not here to defend being called a thief of music. No offense to anyone but I will continue to defend MJ. I am chilled, chilly, cool, relaxed. I may sound excited I'm not.

For all the people who have read my postings, call MJ a thief and the ave takes personal offense to that. But usually I am mild mannered.

I see where the tabloids everywhere use the word thief, but not where Anka is actually directly quoted calling MJ a thief. He did clearly say "stole the tapes", however, which is utterly yucky of him, and I condemn him for it. We don't really know what happened, but it was totally unnecessary to speak that way. But it's not as bad as calling him a thief. But maybe there's a real quote I've overlooked... can someone track that down?

Stole-illegally or without right of permission.
Theft -act of stealing
Stole is the past tense of steal
Sources."Websters's New Explorer Dictionary
"American Century Dictionary
Now you draw your own conclusion

Paul Anka not listed as co-writer in the film credit either

Stole-illegally or without right of permission.
Theft -act of stealing
Stole is the past tense of steal
Sources."Websters's New Explorer Dictionary
"American Century Dictionary
Now you draw your own conclusion

Yes, sweets, I know this. The difference is that one describes the ACT and the other describes the MAN. This is a generally well-understood difference in degree of insult. The tabloids added fuel to the fire by elevating from the first to the second. What a shocker -- they never quit their hatemongering. And relax, I'm not defending Anka, just setting the record straight.

Anyway, back to raving about the extraordinary film I just happened to see last nght...

i'd say buy the cd NOW if you're planning to get it. cuz they 'll have to make reprints later. this was likely the first pressing so get it and it could be worth something later.

much like the history cd that isn't edited on tdcau

i'd say buy the cd NOW if you're planning to get it. cuz they 'll have to make reprints later. this was likely the first pressing so get it and it could be worth something later.

much like the history cd that isn't edited on tdcau

oh true!

*goes out to buy cd*

I saw Paul Anka on "The View" yesterday and the first thing out of his mouth (regarding how he hadn't gotten credit,) was that it was an "honest mistake". He's a good guy. :)

uh huh. except that he kept calling Michael a thief for days on end. did he apologize on the view for doing that? no, right?

he's an a**hole.

Yes, sweets, I know this. The difference is that one describes the ACT and the other describes the MAN. This is a generally well-understood difference in degree of insult. The tabloids added fuel to the fire by elevating from the first to the second. What a shocker -- they never quit their hatemongering. And relax, I'm not defending Anka, just setting the record straight.

Anyway, back to raving about the extraordinary film I just happened to see last nght...
How do you separate the two. If you tell me that I stole your car. You are calling me a thief. Not a borrower. I took it from you illegally therefore I was in the act of theft.

Did someone say that Anka was on the View? lol! can you imagine if the release the other song? Anka will make it to ORBIT..

How do you separate the two. If you tell me that I stole your car. You are calling me a thief. Not a borrower. I took it from you illegally therefore I was in the act of theft.

You've never heard the saying "criticize the act, not the person," or "don't label the person, label the act"? It's a milder form of criticism. "Thief" is a label for a person. It seems to completely characterize a person. Theft (or stealing) describes a single act, which may not wholly characterize a person. For example, a person may steal (e.g. a starving person stealing bread) who would be unfairly characterized as a thief.

The tabloids know this and deliberately fan the flames with such rhetoric.

You've never heard the saying "criticize the act, not the person," or "don't label the person, label the act"? It's a milder form of criticism. "Thief" is a label for a person. It seems to completely characterize a person. Theft (or stealing) describes a single act, which may not wholly characterize a person. For example, a person may steal (e.g. a starving person stealing bread) who would be unfairly characterized as a thief.

The tabloids know this and deliberately fan the flames with such rhetoric.
In the court a law, the reason doesn't matter the act characterize the person. He stole the tapes. He stole the tapes. He stole the tapes. The everyday person such as many people on the web will take it as MJ being a thief. Which is exactly what happen. We should know personally from being an MJ fan what words and perception can do and so did Mr. Anka. I'm done.

Back