Official Aussie & NZ Thread

Re: AUSSIES! Get in here!

Ok someone mentioned mint slices and I HAVE to share this recipe..

1x Packet Mint Slices
1x Packet Oreo cookies
1/2 can condensed milk (or more if needed)
Coconut shavings

Put oreos and mint slices in food processor until it becomes a fine powder (or put in a bag and crush them). Add condensed milk to form a dough, roll into little balls and roll into coconut. Refrigerate until hard.

WARNING: addictive and oh so f-cking delicious! :dancin:

yuuummmm thanks for that! im so gonna try it

hmmm what other awesome Aussie foods are there...
Tim tams! Love them!
Vegemite! Especially the new one!!

Any one else addicted to the new vegemite?

I haven't visited this thread for a while---fun thread.
Other Aussie foods Kes---anyone mentioned pavlova??? I had some last saturday night---YUMMY-YUMMY.
Dawn

Yeah we sort of go all over in this thread :) I keep coming up with random questions during my time here. I can't help it lol.

Like.... why do they call shrimp prawns here.... I find many things have different names or are prounounced different. It's the favorite teasings between me and my friends lol. I say tomato a certain way or oregano a certain way and I hear giggles lol. But then my friend will say... i feel like putting on my thongs.. and I start giggling (because thongs are g-strings in America not sandals...) :cheeky: It's all very amusing.

Even between the states (Australian) things are called different names--and----have you used any of our "strine" ??
"Don't come the raw prawn with me mate" means---be honest/tell the truth.---or---sheila "a girl/woman"---or---"she'll be right mate" means--everything will be okay.
There's HUNDREDS of our "slang/strine"
Dawn

that sounds :censored: awesome!!!!

yuuummmm thanks for that! im so gonna try it

Do it! Then come back here and tell us how amazing it was lol My brother's co-worker made it for him, and I sent him back the next day to get the recipe :lol:

I haven't visited this thread for a while---fun thread.
Other Aussie foods Kes---anyone mentioned pavlova??? I had some last saturday night---YUMMY-YUMMY.
Dawn

:bugeyed eek, the kiwi in me is claiming the pav back. I thought we've already traded Russell Crowe for it a few pages back :p

Even between the states (Australian) things are called different names--and----have you used any of our "strine" ??
"Don't come the raw prawn with me mate" means---be honest/tell the truth.---or---sheila "a girl/woman"---or---"she'll be right mate" means--everything will be okay.
There's HUNDREDS of our "slang/strine"
Dawn

Ahahahahahaha! I said the first one to my friend just now and she was like......where'd you get THAT from??! :D
I've heard the She'll be right mate one and there are little things I've picked up and my family is like... say that again? what? hehe :agree:
I love phrases like pub crawling (vs. bar hopping in the states) or saying something like.... this computer is really giving me the sh*ts! (I stated that on my facebook status and my friends were telling me to get something for diarrhea...) and in the US when we get mad it's called getting pissed off...yet here you say you are pissed and people wanna know how much booze you drank.... I love it lol :clapping:

Okay you guys... tell me more Aussie slang and sayings :D
I love confusing my fam and friends back home with them and you know what...they are really cheeky sayings anyhow so I just like them. :clapping:

LOL!

It's funny but I've never actually said G'Day, or sheila (unless it was actually someone's name) and I don't call my friends mates... I'm a bad Aussie haha.

I'm so hungry with all te foood in this thread!! Yummm

Yeah we sort of go all over in this thread :) I keep coming up with random questions during my time here. I can't help it lol.

Like.... why do they call shrimp prawns here.... I find many things have different names or are prounounced different. It's the favorite teasings between me and my friends lol. I say tomato a certain way or oregano a certain way and I hear giggles lol. But then my friend will say... i feel like putting on my thongs.. and I start giggling (because thongs are g-strings in America not sandals...) :cheeky: It's all very amusing.

haha great stuff! yeah i though shrimps & prawns were different too. completely off topic but has anyone seen Muppets from Space? & PEPE(prawn) goes "im not a shrimp...im a king prawn!" hehe

1x Packet Mint Slices
1x Packet Oreo cookies
Coconut shavings

Put oreos and mint slices in food processor until it becomes a fine powder (or put in a bag and crush them). Add condensed milk to form a dough, roll into little balls and roll into coconut. Refrigerate until hard.

oh my god! i am going to gain 100 kg!!
YUM definately trying! thankyou :)

Anyone just catch the footy show review with the MJ dance routines...

They were quite hilarious and kinda a tribute I guess... :p

Hi everyone!

Yes, I just caught the Footy Show tribute. It was totally unexpected. While it was comical, it still brought a tear to my eye.... much to my surprise it was quite lengthy featuring Remember the Time, Smooth Criminal and Thriller. While they weren't technically perfect, they did a great job. Those dance steps that have been etched into the memories of the MJ Generation...what a moment, just beautiful. *sigh*

:eek: you stole my breakfast Jess :lol: ( I also have cornflakes for breakfast every morning )

:O aww heck naww.....looks like we'll just have to have a moonwalk competiton on who gets the cornflakes! :ph34r: :lol:

Hi everyone!

Yes, I just caught the Footy Show tribute. It was totally unexpected. While it was comical, it still brought a tear to my eye.... much to my surprise it was quite lengthy featuring Remember the Time, Smooth Criminal and Thriller. While they weren't technically perfect, they did a great job. Those dance steps that have been etched into the memories of the MJ Generation...what a moment, just beautiful. *sigh*

OMG!!! i was just watching that b4 with my mum! bugger missed that part doh!

Missed it too...sure it will pop on the internet some time soon...

ahhh yes I saw that!! Turned the TV up loud. I had a feeling they'd do MJ. So happy. I'm sure it'll show up on youtube eventually for those that didn't see it.

haven't had a chance to read all 14 pages yet but i gotta say I can't believe there is someone else from Geelong here. That's awesome haha. It's kind of comforting to know Michael has reached out to someone else in my town :)

Go Cats :p

cultural differences are fun! I loved my short stay in California. Staying with a local family I got a good feel in those 12 days for how life is over there and the different names for things etc. I find it endlessly facinating!

Me too! :clapping: What really stuck out for you? For some reason the whole driving on the other side of the road thing freaks me out. The first couple days I thought I was going to have a coronary because I thought people were going to crash lol.

Lol! Yeah, I have a friend who just came from California and she asked me why we called sandals thongs? It is really funny when you think about it :) And to answer your first question...I really have no idea >< I thought shrimp were different to prawns? Great, now I'm talking about seafood haha!

There's always food talk going on in this thread :D
I know, it really bugs me... that whole thongs thing. I just can't help it, everytime I start laughing.

anzac biscuits..... chocolate crackles..... tim tams..... deeeeeeeelicious!

Yeah you all have some REALLY GOOD naughty foods here :dancin:

LOL! Some of those are really funny! I could write an entire letter with nothing but slangs from that site...my family would NEVER figure out what I was saying haha! That could actually be quite fun to do to them......hrmmmm...... :tease: Then they'll call me...and start asking what it all means...and I'll be like...how the hell do I know?? LOL!

I need to find a Wisconsin slang dictionary site for you all, so you can jabber like me now hey! :wild:

1x Packet Mint Slices
1x Packet Oreo cookies
Coconut shavings

They sure do sound f*cking delicious.... Must make.... :clapping:
That's it for the 7 kilos I lost since I've been here.... lol

Did anyone tape that MJ thing on the footy show????? I wish I'd known about it :(

PS: for those of you that didn't see the other threads yet... at least one Event Cinemas in Australia started selling This Is It tickets today.... just a heads up! :)

I know what you mean, I'm 4kg down (from the 18kg I've gained this year)... so that means no biscuits, no sweet tea, no fun, just healthy eating :cry:

I think Adelaide's tickets are selling early, but the rest of Aus has to wait till sunday. It'll be interesting to see how quickly they sell.. I just hope I won't have to fight a stampede of fans just to get tickets.

And GO CATS.. even though I probably won't watch :lol: I'll pretend to be supportive.

Im going for st kilda.. altough i dont really barrack for them. But i'll barracking for them just for the grand final

My mum taped it last night :D

I saw it this morning..it was fantastic!

Oh you lucky little *beeep*! I hope someone can upload it. I just looked on yt and it seems like there are people who upload the footy show every week, we might be lucky.

I'm gonna go watch hulk hogan's interview now.. what on earth was he doing there? :lol: Ah well, I've always liked him.

I dont normally watch footy show, but was kinda watching it last night with mum. But i went in my room to go on here, and that must have been when the mj thing came on.

But thankfully i still got 2 see it anyway.
I wish i knew how to upload it, but i dont
sorry cozzie

I know what you mean, I'm 4kg down (from the 18kg I've gained this year)... so that means no biscuits, no sweet tea, no fun, just healthy eating :cry:

I think Adelaide's tickets are selling early, but the rest of Aus has to wait till sunday. It'll be interesting to see how quickly they sell.. I just hope I won't have to fight a stampede of fans just to get tickets.

And GO CATS.. even though I probably won't watch :lol: I'll pretend to be supportive.

Yay 4kg down is great! :clapping: I know...I'm wanting every bad food ever created right now. But seeing results is helping keep me on track now. Eating a lot of salads...lean meats....oatmeal and fruit for brekky...no sugar in my coffee.... It's not easy but it's working like a charm :clapping: We'll both get there...just gotta keep it up.

It's weird some theaters are selling tickets today...some tommorrow...and some are waiting until Sunday. The theater right by me, that is already selling them, even is doing one special screening on the 28th at 9pm...the evening before it's supposed to be released here. Of course it's gold class only....I asked the price and was like...egaaaaaaad!! :bugeyed

It's weird some theaters are selling tickets today...some tommorrow...and some are waiting until Sunday. The theater right by me, that is already selling them, even is doing one special screening on the 28th at 9pm...the evening before it's supposed to be released here. Of course it's gold class only....I asked the price and was like...egaaaaaaad!! :bugeyed

Yeh the cinema here is selling them tommrow!

If no melb fans are gonna meet up at a particualr cinema for it, im just gonna go here and watch it.

Back