Official announcement to be made 9/10 for Captain EO

I am going to Disneyland PARIS in december, I so hope they will bring it back there too!
I saw it when I was 10 years old! It was the only thing I was talking about when I went to Disneyland, haha! :)

I think it would be wonderful if Michael Jackson's childrencould be there for the grand reopening of Captain EO at Disneyland. :clapping:

On the 13th is when the official announcement will be made. They removed Honey I shrunk... today and replaced everything. The Panel of Disney Trustees or whatever had a private screening tonight and will vote on it to decide on this return. But trust me its coming back. My dad is a share holder and was filled in on it a few days ago.
I'm so excited. I live in San Diego so I will just take a quick drive and have a blast!!! I have been waiting for this to come back for YEARS!!!!!!!

*tries to wait patiently*

I really would love to see this in 3d

Disney says no plans to bring back Jackson 3D film
(Agencies)
Updated: 2009-09-11 15:24
ANAHEIM, Calif: Walt Disney Co on Thursday dashed fan speculation that it plans to resurrect the Michael Jackson 3-D film "Captain EO" in its theme parks, saying the 1986 short movie is dated.
"There aren't plans to bring back 'Captain EO' at this time," Disney Chief Executive Officer Bob Iger said at a news conference.
"We are looking at it. It's the kind of thing that, if we did it, would get a fair amount of attention and we'd want to make sure we do it right."
Iger said he and four Disney executives recently viewed the 17-minute movie that was directed by Francis Ford Coppola, and noted that special-effects production techniques have advanced significantly since the film was made. Jackson's face also changed markedly in the intervening years.
"There's a simplicity to it," Iger said. "He's (Jackson) charming."
Iger said he has held no discussions with representatives for Jackson's estate. It was not clear who owns the film.
Since Jackson's death in June, the film has enjoyed a resurgence of interest on the Internet.
me websites speculated that Disney would announce a reintroduction of "Captain EO" during its current D23 fan expo in Anaheim, the southern California city where Disneyland is based. Jackson's costume from the film, as well as costumes from other popular Disney films from "Mary Poppins" to "Pirates of the Caribbean," are among the wares on display at the expo.
Jackson played the title character in the science fiction movie about the crew of a spaceship on a mission to see a wicked queen played by Anjelica Huston.
The film was shown at Disneyland and company parks in Florida, Tokyo and Paris until the mid-1990s. That coincided with a time when Jackson's career cooled and he started getting caught up in child-molestation accusations.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/world/2009-09/11/content_8683333.htm

And there you have it....

Now... I would prefer (I said it before) if they take the film and update it to the current standard of special effects. Probably a remix of the music would be a good idea too. Then it would be good to bring it back. So Disney... take your time to make it shine again, and then bring it back! Doing that next year, around his birthday... would be great.

Damn. I was really looking forward to seeing this.

You know Disney denies stuff when it really gonna happen. captain Eo will come back

Captain EO is coming back?

*cue geek out mode*

OH MY GOD!! THIS IS THE GREATEST NEWS I HAVE EVER HEARD!! THIS IS SO AWESOME, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S ACTUALLY COMING BACK!! OH MY GOD!

*switches off geek out mode*

My apologies for that random outburst. I'm kinda high on Skittles and soda right now. LOL

I sure hope you're right!

I hope Captain Eo comes back to! People need to write to Disney to tell them they they want it back. Aren't there petitions on that Captain Eo website?

Ummm.. . . Doesn't Disney own the film?!?! I am sure they do since they are selling Captain Eo DVDs. Since Michael and Coppola did it for Disney and for no one else. Kind of a lame excuse that they don't know who owns the film.

Trust me guys its coming back. Iger was ticked that the Captain EO and Star Tours 2 info leaked. Disney has officially removed Honey I Shrunk the Audience and are continuing with remodel to have EO back in January.

from Mice Age:
Captain EO Update - Bob Iger kicked off the lavish D23 Expo with no major news and a rather coy answer on the Captain EO topic, as apparently Burbank is furious both the Star Tours and EO info leaked ahead of Jay Rasulo’s planned announcements on Saturday. Meanwhile, executives at WDI and TDA continue to prep for the January opening of EO, and gab about it rather openly. The technical tests for EO this week in the closed Honey I Shrunk Theater went well, and now it’s just up to Jay to either announce on Saturday or hold the news until after new year’s. - Al Lutz

AWWWW... Not cool. I was REALLY anticipating this. My brother and I were talking non stop about it and how we'd pay to see it 5 times a year no matter how long the wait in line. 2 hours. 5 hours. No matter.

Well...the good news, "I guess"... would be that Disney doesn't sound like they're saying "NO" to infinity. They're looking at it. And by all means, if they do release this attraction, you all know they're gonna bank in BIG TIME.

To me, it didn't matter if the stuff was dated. I think it goes without saying that a lot of fans would be screaming in the attraction right before the movie starts. Its a celebration thing.
People all over the world would come for this attraction. Especially if they advertise it right.
Who cares if his face changed. We know who he is and love him dearly regardless.

Well, here's us hoping together.

Please refer to my post earlier. I have a quote from a Disney insider.

There is an IMAX theater near me at our local area amusement park...if they got their hands on Captain EO....I would sh*t my pants. lol

Al Lutz is the grestest disney insider of all times.
No worries. It will be back.

Iger isn't going to announce it for a little more. The Disney team is working on fixing it all up and getting it ready to present again. Iger is worried about bad publicity due to the molestation charges however the rest of the Disney company wants it back. They are trying to tie it into a community service thing they are doing next year. That's all I know right now.

Back