October 17-19 News and Mentionings - Update post 80

:waving: :sun: good morrowing to all the ppls :) :sun:

i found more news on the x Factor :yes: :)

here is website:http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a133066/x-factor-star-defends-language-decision.html

'X Factor' star defends language decision

X Factor star Ruth Lorenzo has responded to claims that she is now hiding her Spanish background on the programme.

Simon Cowell criticised the contestant in last night's shows after she chose not to sing in her native language as she performed Michael Jackson's 'I Just Can't Stop Loving You' and Prince's 'Purple Rain'.

Speaking on The Xtra Factor last night, Lorenzo insisted: "I have to disagree with him because this is an English-speaking country. Even though I sing in Spanish, everyone knows I can sing in Spanish. But I think it's disrespectful if every week I sing in Spanish."

She added: "It gets boring."

Fellow finalist Rachel Hylton disagreed with her stance, claiming that she should play to her strengths by singing in Spanish each week.

Lorenzo found herself in the bottom two in last night's results show, but was saved after the judges' vote went to deadlock and the viewer vote determined that Girlband would go home.

The X Factor continues next Saturday at 7.45pm on ITV1.

here is website:http://www.orlandosentinel.com/serv...ay/travel/orl-marciabk08oct19,0,3386188.story

Sex, drugs and Marcia -- 'Brady' actress reveals all
Erin Carlson | The Associated Press
October 19, 2008
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia.

Fans of The Brady Bunch know Maureen McCormick as Marcia Brady, the wholesome older sister on that classic sitcom about a blended family. But in her new memoir, Here's the Story: Surviving Marcia Brady and Finding My True Voice, the actress writes of her romance with TV sibling Barry Williams, who played Greg Brady, dates with Michael Jackson and Steve Martin, and her many addictions.

Things became hot and heavy while McCormick and Williams were filming episodes in Hawaii.

"We couldn't hold back any longer," she writes in the book published by William Morrow. "It was our first kiss, and it was long, passionate and deep. It was wonderful, too, though as we continued to kiss and press against each other so closely that we could feel each other's body heat, a part of me -- a tiny part, admittedly -- said to myself, 'Oh my God! I'm kissing my brother. What am I doing?' "

Now 52, McCormick -- who endured a battle with drug addiction and depression -- also discusses her dates with Martin and Jackson. It was several years after The Brady Bunch ended that McCormick went out with Martin, who had asked for the actress' phone number through friend Chevy Chase.

"I remember him being a very good kisser," McCormick writes about Martin. "But I was insecure and either high or spaced out (most likely both), and I didn't laugh at his jokes.

McCormick's time with Jackson was innocent. They met while she was starring on Brady and he was part of the Jackson 5.

"Once we went ice-skating, and he held my hand as we glided around the rink," the book recalls. "I wondered if he might try to kiss me, but he didn't. After another outing, he did give me a kiss goodbye. But it was only a gentle peck on the cheek."

There were more men in McCormick's life, which spiraled downward into substance abuse and depression as she struggled to reconcile her Marcia Brady image of the girl next door with her private pain.

In the book, which was released Tuesday, she discusses cocaine binges and parties at the Playboy Mansion and the home of Sammy Davis Jr., an unwanted pregnancy and trading sex for drugs. Post-Brady Bunch, McCormick took up a hard-partying lifestyle in Hollywood, using drugs including cocaine and Quaaludes. She struggled to regain her earlier success, landing some TV and movie roles, but developed a reputation for unreliability due to her addiction, even botching an interview with Steven Spielberg for a role in Raiders of the Lost Ark because she was high.

After interventions, stints in rehab and experimental therapies, McCormick began getting sober in 1985 when she married actor Michael Cummings, with whom she has a daughter, Natalie. She continued to fight depression through therapy, medication and the help of Brady cast mates.

McCormick, who is also a singer, starred on the Country Music Television reality series Gone Country and Outsider's Inn. She also confronted her weight issues as the winning contestant on the VH1 reality show Celebrity Fit Club.

As for her iconic role, "I'll always be struck by how much a part of people's lives Marcia is and always will be. But now I'm not bothered by the connection. It took most of my life, countless mistakes and decades of pain and suffering to reach this point of equanimity and acceptance," she says.

here is more X Factor news :yes: :)

here is website: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a133062/x-factor-final-11-what-the-judges-said.html

'X Factor' final 11: What the judges said
Sunday, October 19 2008, 11:43 BST

By Michael Thornton

The 11 remaining X Factor acts took to the stage last night, each performing a song from the storied career of Michael Jackson.

Here's what the judges had to say:
Alexandra - 'I'll Be There'

Louis: "A fantastic opening to the show. Last week you did Whitney, tonight you've done Michael Jackson. You are world class. I love you, and I can't believe that somebody with your talent is so humble. You've got it all going on girl."

Dannii: "It was definitely worth the wait. It was a faultless performance and I think that it propels this show into international standard."

Simon: "I'm going to start with a negative. [It was] a bit predictable. At the moment, it's all a little bit copycat. I thought the first part of the song was good, the second half of the song - I have to tell you - was fantastic."

Cheryl: "You sang it amazingly. With that performance, you are staying in."

Ruth - 'I Just Can't Stop Loving You'

Louis: "It was very passionate and dramatic, and it was an amazing performance. It showed you're a very versatile singer. I loved it."

Cheryl: "You're a natural performer. Considering [you've had problems with your throat], you did a really good job. You pulled it off."

Simon: "You sang the last part of that song very well. It's not that I want you to sing in Spanish, the fact is you are Spanish and you've got this Latin thing going on - why would you strip that away from you? By keeping it, it makes you different."

Scott - 'She's Out Of My Life'

Louis: "Last week was a disaster but what I like about you is you came back fighting. That was a brilliant performance. That actually puts you back in the race. You're in with a good chance because you look like a pop star."

Dannii: "That was a winning performance. That was so incredible."

Cheryl: "I have to hand it to Simon this week, you redeemed yourself. Amazing song choice, and you sang it with a lot of emotion that the song needed. I'm glad that you're back in the race - well done."

Girlband - 'Heal The World'

Dannii: "You're great, but there's something not connecting there for me. I don't know if it's the song. Maybe I'm not keen on it."

Cheryl: "I know from personal experience when you've been in the bottom two the week before, your confidence is knocked. But you came out, you gave it your all and I'm pleased for you. Well done, girls."

Simon: "Look, it was arguably better than last week but it was so gimmicky. I wouldn't have been surprised to see polar bears coming out at the end and dolphin and children. I think the problem is, if I'm being honest with you girls, I don't see any connection between you and Louis. I think he's obsessed with his boyband."

Laura - 'You Are Not Alone'

Louis: "It was a bit of a shaky start tonight. I didn't think the song was the best song choice for you, but you absolutely delivered in the end. It was a very, very powerful performance and you are an amazing singer."

Dannii: "I thought the first half was good, the second half was great. I think you have got the potential to be absolutely brilliant [but] there was something missing from last week."

Simon: "The fact that you managed to make that song good is a miracle and testament to how good you are. Was it as good as last week? No. Are you still one of the best singers? Absolutely yes. Best performance of the night so far - just."

Austin - 'Billie Jean'

Louis: "You absolutely gave it 100%. You're an incredible singer, and technically I think you're an amazing singer. I wasn't crazy about the arrangement, I thought it was a bit self-indulgent, because I do watch American Idol and I did see David Cook do that very version. I think you're a great singer, I just think you're trying too hard."

Dannii: "Austin, that was another fantastic performance. But I actually don't think you've hit your peak. I still think there's more in there, and I'm dying to see what you're going to do next week. I hope to see you back."

Cheryl: "I think singing and performing is in your blood. It comes so naturally to you. Your vocals are incredible but I hated that arrangement. I didn't like the arrangement of the song, but your performance of it and your vocals? Outstanding."

Simon: "Taking everything into account, that performance was in a completely different league to everything we've seen tonight. Because it was original, it was a risky thing to do, but this is what we liked about you. You've got soul in your voice, and you've got passion as well. And this is the first time tonight I actually heard and saw something where I felt the artist was trying. Best performance by a mile. Well done."
Daniel - 'One Day In Your Life'

Louis: "The problem is you are totally out of your comfort zone. You're in at the deep end. You're a really nice guy but if I was going to [name] that after a Michael Jackson album, it'd be Bad."

Cheryl: "I thought this week was [much] improved. That's one of my favourite Michael Jackson songs. Well done."

Simon: "The fact the audience kept you in last week - good luck to you. We obviously have a slightly older audience watching this show. I don't think anyone under the age of 60 will like you, and anyone over will. Which is fine. You sang the song, actually, quite well. Is it my favourite version of that song? No. Is it better than last week? Arguably a little bit."

JLS - 'The Way You Make Me Feel'

Dannii: "Fantastic production on that. Dancing and choreography was amazing - you guys worked it. I'm not sure it was the best vocal song for you, because there were some tuning issues, but it was a very good performance."

Cheryl: "I always find it really sad that these days not many people do big performances where they dance and they sing, so hats off to you. I think there's a niche in the market for you lot to just grab. There's definitely a niche for you to just take. I think the girls at home are going to be clamouring waiting for this number to come up to dial."

Simon: "If last week was six and a half out of ten, this week was nine out of ten."

Diana - 'Man In The Mirror'

Louis: "I loved you last week, and I loved you this week. You're different from all the other girls in the competition, you're more contemporary. You're like any of the girls in the charts today, you've got a great recording voice. It shouldn't really have worked - a 17-year-old girl talking about the man in the mirror - but you made it work because you're unique."

Dannii: "You have absolutely found your comfort zone. You are in the moment now, and you made that your own. It was boxfresh!"

Simon: "You did really, really well last week, and this week you did even better. Why this is working is that I think this confidence thing has gone away now. You're a different kind of singer. What's really, really important is that this is not karaoke, this is you doing your interpretation of a song and it is working. I actually think you may be the one to beat."

Rachel - 'Dirty Diana'

Louis: "When we did the auditions for this show and at boot camp, we all thought you were the best singer. We all thought you were the one that we all had to beat. Last week, it wasn't great. Tonight, it was a very, very brave song. You didn't just pick a safe Michael Jackson song like some other people. You picked it, you performed it. I hope the public get you because you have an awful lot more to give than we're seeing and I know you can do it."

Cheryl: "Fantastic performance on the stage tonight. I loved all that. I loved the key change in the song. I think there's a lot of soul inside you just bursting to come out and I can't wait to see that."

Simon: "Once again, you got it completely and utterly wrong. You're getting it wrong. Tonight was like a circus up there and you are about one thing and one thing only - your voice. And as Cheryl said, you are one heck of a soul singer. Tonight, it was ghastly. It was gimmicky. I'm saying this because I like you and you've got to strip everything away and if you survive another week, you've got to prove that you are an incredible, naturally gifted soul singer and all this nonsense has got to stop."

Eoghan - 'Ben'

Louis: "You don't have the biggest voice in this competition, but it doesn't matter. You've got something that a lot of the other people don't have. You've got a great personality. You've got Irish charm - you can't buy that! We're only two weeks into the competition, but I'm going to say: You're going to be in the final."

Dannii: "That was an amazing performance. The production of it was so exposed, and you pulled it off and your purity will challenge all of the other voices in the competition put together. I think you're fantastic."

Cheryl: "I always find it so amazing that you are so unfazed by anything. Nothing phases you. It's almost like you belong up there on the stage. The a capella bit is so hard to do. A capella and then the key change comes in, so you haven't got any notes to start off from. That is a hard thing to do and you nailed it. Well done."

Anyway, moving on -

"I ran into Michael Jackson and his two kids at Fry's Electronics today!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was shopping at Fry's this late evening when I ran into the King of POP and his off spring. Michael Jackson had on a net mask while the two kids had ball caps on their heads. They were unmasked and running around everywhere. I guess Mr. Jackson owns a fat crib in Henderson, NV and likes to shop late at night. I said hello and went on with my shopping business."
Good for that person. He saw the man and children, said hello and minded his own business shopping. Wonderful. Good for that male or female.

MCCORMICK: I was like, you know - I mean, Jackson Five was my favorite group. So to be able to be at the Jackson house, and to hang out with Michael Jackson, and go ice skating with him was, you know, wow. Just an unbelievable thing. It didn`t seem real.

HAMMER: Yes. It`s like a kid`s fantasy.

MCCORMICK: It was surreal, too. That was surreal, too.

HAMMER: Yes.
Exactly. It is good to see that Maureen seems to enjoy that memory.

Can someone explain that information from Leslie's website? I am lost with that.

Thanks for the posting, fellow members.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some new/old news you might not know about....

Here is some news I picked up from http://lesliemjhu.blogspot.com:

New Official Michael Jackson Calendar for 2009

New Official Michael Jackson Calendar for 2009

Prince Abdullah Case Update

Recent updates about the Bahrain case:

David Waldron was recently instructed to defend Michael Jackson in this significant case brought by a member of the Bahrain royal family.

Michael Jackson In BMR Again

Michael Jackson will appear in the November issue of the famous Japanese music magazine "BMR". Above you may see the related pages:

Michael Jackson in "Numéro Tokyo"

"Numéro Tokyo" magazine will celebrate it's 20th anniversary next month. The special issue will pay tribute to Michael Jackson as well for his 50th birthday.

In other news:
It's been announced that the Janapese "King of Pop" album has been sold in more then 50.000 copies!

Michael Jackson Receiving $25.000

A Las Vegas judge ordered to release the trust bond both for Michael ($25.000) and Janet ($500) Jackson this week.

As well the Jacksons received their remaining properties.

New Dangerous Box Set

Sony BMG has released a new Michael Jackson box set in September. The brand new release will contain the original Dangerous album plus the "Dangerous - The Short Films" DVD.

Just some news....

Re: October 17-19 News and Mentionings - Update post 24

I have cleaned this thread....

Nobody needs to dictate to others whether they can join a discussion board or not. I didn't go looking for this board. it was posted on THIS site. I went to have a look and found some nasty and innacurate comments. I join at my own free will and I made my comments. as far as I see there are more people on this board making a fuss over it than there are on that board.
if the people on that board don't like what I said then they can deal with it.
I don't understand why anyone would want to tell me off for DEFENDING Michael on any board. but then, not everyone are really Mj fans are they.

Actually I'm going to dictate the following...

This rubbish stops right now.
If you feel that link required a response... then post it in the enough is enough section and take the appropriate action.

Don't be making a mess here in our news thread.... and don't be dragging MJJC through this either. (when a random member joins a forum on the attack and yes your first post does comes across as an attack especially when you start wishing god's mercy on people... then I can gurantee people run a search to see where this possible newbie comes from (you can follow back links, or where a forum's link has been posted etc).... and when this happens it cause issues for our own community. If they follow the links back we end up with trolls joining to retaliate when things get stupid...

and that.... I will not tolerate.

This line of discussion is over. Anyone who decides to continue this line of discussion in this thread will be infractioned... either take it to the appropriate section of the forum or move on altogether.

Thankyou.

Sony BMG has released a new Michael Jackson box set in September. The brand new release will contain the original Dangerous album plus the "Dangerous - The Short Films" DVD.

Well, if that comes to the States, I have to buy it. I keep on losing my Dangerous CD. LOL.

Anyway, who is "crazy"? I am still lost by that.

Hmm....so the Bahrain Prince crap is still ongoing? I had hoped that case was coming to some sort of end. It's a tad discouraging to hear that a lawyer was just recently brought into this for MJ's side (whether he's replacing another attorney or or whatever). :worried: It just sounds like this is nowhere getting resolved out of court...or any time soon. I hope I'm wrong.

Anyhoo, wow at all the merchandise on that ecbizz site. It doesn't seem functional tho. None of the links work. :unsure:

Thanks for the updates.

It just sounds like this is nowhere getting resolved out of court...or any time soon. I hope I'm wrong.

the lawyer who has been brought in as well known as an abritrator in getting cases settled before they reach trial. so maybe thats why hes been brought in. as im sure mj had a lawyer before that as there has been previous hearings where mj would need repping.

helen case. think she was the one who accused mj of stupid stuff like stalking her for years and sending the heavy mob around

the lawyer who has been brought in as well known as an abritrator in getting cases settled before they reach trial. so maybe thats why hes been brought in. as im sure mj had a lawyer before that as there has been previous hearings where mj would need repping.

Can I hug you? :lol: That makes me feel so much better. Thanks, elusive!Sounds good. :girl_happy:

no probs i just did a google on him.quite abit of info about him on his lawyers website

helen case. think she was the one who accused mj of stupid stuff like stalking her for years and sending the heavy mob around

Thanks for the info, Em. I never heard of this person.

Back