October 17-19 News and Mentionings - Update post 80

mariemarie

Guests
Hello all. Have a lovely weekend wherever you are =)

Mentionings

All of Motown's No. 1 Hits in One Box Set for the First Time

On the eve of Motown Records' 50th anniversary comes a spectacular collection: a 10-CD box set containing every Motown No. 1 hit, from every U.S. and International chart and from every genre, adding up to a staggering 191 tracks that hit the top, plus 10 bonus tracks whose cover versions were No. 1. In an amazing coincidence, the number of Motown artists whose recordings have either hit No. 1 or inspired a No. 1 cover: 50.

Heard too with their No. 1 recordings are Motown stars Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Tammi Terrell, Four Tops, Martha & the Vandellas, Mary Wells, the Contours, Jr. Walker & the All-Stars, Gladys Knight & the Pips, the Jackson 5, Diana Ross, Michael Jackson, David Ruffin, The Originals, Rare Earth, The Undisputed Truth, Edwin Starr, Eddie Kendricks, the Commodores, T.G. Sheppard (yes, Motown had two No. 1 Country hits), Thelma Houston, Rick James, High Inergy, Jermaine Jackson, Dazz Band, Charlene, Lionel Richie, DeBarge, El DeBarge, Rockwell, Mary Jane Girls, Val Young, Georgio, The Boys, Today, Johnny Gill, Stacey Lattisaw, Boyz II Men, Shanice, and Profyle. In addition, the collection features five artists - the Isley Brothers, Brenda Holloway, Jimmy Ruffin, Dennis Edwards, and the Guinn Family - with their Motown recordings that inspired No. 1 cover versions for other labels.

More http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/news.php?id=24397

Ready for fame

Three Fresno State students and one alumnus have turned coincidental collaboration into a growing success, taking them from recording music at home to an actual recording studio.
N.Y.C.A, an acronym for the members’ home states — two are from New York and two are natives to California — had its humble debut one night at Bulldog Village, giving the residents a performance outside.

Despite this letdown, the group continues to work hard, recording new songs in a real-life studio, a new experience for all of the members. Wade describes his feelings before a performance as “the calm before for the storm”, because once they start, that’s when they explode.
When asked about the future of the group, they all agreed they wanted to take their group “to the top”, and once they are there, to consistently provide new music to keep from fading from the music scene.
“We are trying to be like Michael Jackson, where there are people fainting,” said Shamblee.

Full story http://collegian.csufresno.edu/2008/10/17/ready-for-fame/

Always a welcome guest

A look back at some of Dave Mason's high-powered collaborations
Dave Mason has toured or recorded with numerous big names in rock. A few nuggets:
As for recording "All Along the Watchtower" with Jimi Hendrix, Mason explained that he and the guitar great were friends in the late 1960s. One night, they stopped at an apartment party where an advance copy of Bob Dylan's "John Wesley Harding" (the album that features "Watchtower") was playing.
Soon after, Hendrix went into a London studio and recorded his version, with Mason, who played guitar on it. Mason also sang vocals on "Crosstown Traffic."
Both songs appeared on Hendrix's 1968 album "Electric Ladyland."
"At the time, Jimi and I were just hanging out. There was a rift between him and Noel Redding, and we talked about me taking (Noel's) place. But it never came about."
Hendrix, Mason said, was the real deal.

"He was amazing. I used to see him playing in these little clubs. He'd sit in with someone and blow everyone's mind. The musicians would be sitting there going, You know, I think I better find another instrument.'"
Mason also appeared on the Rolling Stones' "Street Fightin' Man" from the band's 1968 album "Beggar's Banquet." Said Mason: "I played that weird little hornlike thing (a shehnai) at the end of the song."
On George Harrison's first solo album, 1970's "All Things Must Pass," Mason got a co-songwriting credit on "Plug Me In."
"George Harrison gave me my first sitar," Mason said. "I hung out at the Sgt. Pepper's' sessions."
Stevie Wonder played harmonica on "The Lonely One" from Mason's solo album "It's Like You Never Left" from 1973.
"We were making albums at the same time, using the same studio and producers; that's how that one came about."

In similar fashion, he got Michael Jackson to duet with him on his 1980 single "Save Me."
"He was cutting Thriller' at the time. He was in one studio and I was in the other one next door. I had this tune called Save Me,' and I kept hearing this high voice the song needed. So I thought, Maybe Michael will come over and sing on it.'
"He was kind of cool. He told me, When I was 12, I was on this Diana Ross special and we did Feelin' Alright.'"

Mason also played guitar on Paul McCartney's 1975 hit "Listen to What the Man Said," played and recorded with Graham Nash, worked with Eric Clapton and Mama Cass Elliott, and was briefly a member of Fleetwood Mac in the 1990s, among other collaborations.
"I've had a lot of great times," Mason said in summary.

http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/oct/16/g22vmasonside16ev/

Princess Eugenie dances on table at Whisky Mist

The humble serving staff of London nightclub Whisky Mist were definitely not amused by the merry antics of one of the young Windsors - Princess Eugenie.
When the DJ played Michael Jackson's Billie Jean the 18-year-old princess went royally crazy She leapt on a table - nearly sending cocktails flying - and, trilby in hand, started strutting her stuff.
An irate waitress rushed over and ordered the, er, dancing queen to get down, or get out.

Then, realising she was addressing a member of the Royal Family, she changed her tone and politely asked if the sixth in line to the throne could possibly get her right royal feet "orf" the furniture.
Eugenie, who was at the Mayfair venue with sister Beatrice and her cousins Princes William and Harry, was left to party on until 2am yesterday. When, despite being labelled a "lightweight" by a male friend, she headed home.
Well, even party-mad princesses need their beauty sleep sometimes...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/3am/2008/10/17/will-eu-get-orf-115875-20811947/

Today in
Michael Jackson History
2001 - Michael Jackson's publicist released a lineup of artists to participate in Jackson's benefit single "What More Can I Give." The single was a benefit for the victims of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the U.S. The list included Mariah Carey, Ricky Martin, Tom Petty, Carlos Santana, Celine Dion, Shakira, Gloria Estefan, Usher, Julio Iglesias, Reba McEntire, Luther Vandross, Brian McKnight, Aaron Carter, Jon Secada, Billy Gilman, Boyz II Men's Shawn Stockman, Alejandro Sanz, Christian Castro, Olga Tañón, Juan Gabriel, Luis Miguel, Thalía, Ziggy Marley and 3LW.

Michael%20Jackson,%20Romero%20Britto%202.jpg

Last edited:
Re: October 17-19 News and Mentionings

This sounds really good. I wonder if it means there are multiple no. 1 hits from the same artist in this collection i.e: all the no 1 hits by the Supremes.

"All of Motown's No. 1 Hits in One Box Set for the First Time

On the eve of Motown Records' 50th anniversary comes a spectacular collection: a 10-CD box set containing every Motown No. 1 hit, from every U.S. and International chart and from every genre, adding up to a staggering 191 tracks that hit the top, plus 10 bonus tracks whose cover versions were No. 1. In an amazing coincidence, the number of Motown artists whose recordings have either hit No. 1 or inspired a No. 1 cover: 50.

Heard too with their No. 1 recordings are Motown stars Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Tammi Terrell, Four Tops, Martha & the Vandellas, Mary Wells, the Contours, Jr. Walker & the All-Stars, Gladys Knight & the Pips, the Jackson 5, Diana Ross, Michael Jackson, David Ruffin, The Originals, Rare Earth, The Undisputed Truth, Edwin Starr, Eddie Kendricks, the Commodores, T.G. Sheppard (yes, Motown had two No. 1 Country hits), Thelma Houston, Rick James, High Inergy, Jermaine Jackson, Dazz Band, Charlene, Lionel Richie, DeBarge, El DeBarge, Rockwell, Mary Jane Girls, Val Young, Georgio, The Boys, Today, Johnny Gill, Stacey Lattisaw, Boyz II Men, Shanice, and Profyle. In addition, the collection features five artists - the Isley Brothers, Brenda Holloway, Jimmy Ruffin, Dennis Edwards, and the Guinn Family - with their Motown recordings that inspired No. 1 cover versions for other labels.

More http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/news.php?id=24397 "

Thanks for the news, Marie. I like that picture and the jacket that MJ wore. :)

i found some news i'm sorry if it alright post it :) :yes: just tryying to help out :)

here is website:http://www.facebook.com/inbox/readmessage.php?t=1010024983197&mbox_pos=0

RODNEY JERKINS TALKS ABOUT NEW ALBUM

In his Darkchild vlog on Rap-Up.com, producer Rodney Jerkins talks about the new Michael Jackson album, his possible involvement in it and shares his thoughts on how Michael can stage a successful return to the music business. Jerkins tells that Michael actually called him and asked him to come to Las Vegas to work with him on the new album.

Click on the link below to watch the video:-
http://www.rap-up.com/2008/10/17/darkchild-vlog-5-can-michael-jackson-make-a-comeback/

-------------------------------------------------
NE-YO SPEAKS AGAIN OF NEW ALBUM

Ne-Yo appeared on BBC 2 TV show ‘Something For The Weekend’ on Thursday (16th October 2008) and spoke of his career, his childhood, his inspirations and his work with Michael.

He spoke of a meeting with Michael in New York, where Michael told Ne-Yo what he expects from new songs. It seems Michael made him promise not to divulge any information about the songs and musical direction but Ne-Yo said the meeting was “a very cool thing”.

He also added that Michael is “very picky about the songs, and thinks that Michael’s new album could be massive and that “Michael’s gonna be amazing!”

---------------------------------------------------------
SWISS CHART UPDATE

‘King Of Pop - German Edition’ drops 2 places on the Swiss Album Chart to #85 this week.

---------------------------------------------
KING OF POP – THE FRENCH EDITION

SonyBMG France will soon give French fans the opportunity to vote for their favourite Michael Jackson songs that, hopefully, will make it on the final tracklist of ‘KING OF POP - The French Edition’.

Fans will have to pick 5 songs from the list and submit their vote.

Please note that ‘Carousel’ (Full Version) and ‘Got the Hots’ are included in the one hundred plus selection.

2 versions of this KING OF POP Edition will be available:

- 2 CD Standard Edition (including the ultimate 40 tracks voted by the fans)

- 3 CD Edition with a bonus disc including rare tracks.

Also, Golden Tickets will be randomly distributed in CD cases. Lucky owners of those tickets will win an exclusive MJ50 iPod.

‘KING OF POP - The French Edition’ will hit the stores on December 8, 2008.

------------------------------------------------------
MAUREEN MCCORMICK TELLS ABOUT DATING MICHAEL

Actress Maureen McCormick (52) is known to a large audience from the 70s TV sitcom ‘The Brady Bunch’ as Marcia Brady (1969-1974 on US channel ABC). In her new memoir “Here’s the Story: Surviving Marcia Brady and Finding My True Voice” she writes about dates she had with Michael Jackson back when he was still with The Jackson 5.

She says the time with Michael Jackson was innocent:

“Once we went ice-skating and he held my hand as we glided around the rink. I wondered if he might try to kiss me, but he didn’t.

After another outing, he did give me a kiss goodbye. But it was only a gentle peck on the cheek.”

------------------------------------------
UK CHART UPDATE

‘King Of Pop’ drops 13 places on the UK Album Chart this week to #52.

------------------------------------
AUSTRALIA CHART UPDATE

‘King Of Pop’ album drops 17 places on the Australian Album Chart this week to #49. It also drops 14 places on the Australian Physical Album Chart to #46.

‘Number Ones’ drops 2 places on Australian Music DVD Chart this week to #7.

------------------------------------------------------
MJ THEME WEEK ON THE ‘X FACTOR’ THIS SATURDAY

This Saturday (17th October 2008), the theme of the 2nd live shows of the UK talent show ‘The X Factor’ will be Michael Jackson. So you can expect the eleven acts who are still in the running to present a variety of great songs.

The show will be aired on Saturday 18th October 2008 at 7:15PM (GMT) on UK channel ITV1.

There will be an opportunity to watch the show online after it has aired on TV.

------------------------------------
HALLOWEEN ‘THRILLER’ DANCERS

As usual at this time of the year, with Halloween just around the corner, people all over America and other parts of the world are in training attempting to break the performance record of Michael’s ’Thriller’.

We are all getting used to seeing people performing the dance at weddings, parks, shows, colleges and even in a Phillippino prison and this year is no exception. Advertisements are appearing offering dance lessons based on the song along with volunteers to actually perform in record-breaking attempts.

In Manhattan Beach, Los Angeles, dancers are being invited to join their attempt at the record, and organisers expect around one hundred people to attend. The Penobscot Bay YMCA are also asking people to join them as they try for the record. These sites are just a fraction of the organisations who are paying homage to Michael’s ‘Ode To Halloween’.

Rockstar, thanks for posting. However, there is an issue -

NE-YO SPEAKS AGAIN OF NEW ALBUM

Ne-Yo appeared on BBC 2 TV show ‘Something For The Weekend’ on Thursday (16th October 2008) and spoke of his career, his childhood, his inspirations and his work with Michael.

He spoke of a meeting with Michael in New York, where Michael told Ne-Yo what he expects from new songs. It seems Michael made him promise not to divulge any information about the songs and musical direction but Ne-Yo said the meeting was “a very cool thing”.

He also added that Michael is “very picky about the songs, and thinks that Michael’s new album could be massive and that “Michael’s gonna be amazing!”

This article and many articles that you posted on here doesn't have links. You gotta post articles with links when you post on the thread.

Yes, he did, Nicole. He did. I wonder what changed? I like the kiss assing that he did in the article. I have to admit.

Maybe he got scared Michael would actually see all the doo doo he was dropping about him, lol.

Or Maybe saw how little AKon knew concerning the certainty of the single and his role on MJs album and doesnt want to get 'dropped' either

Edit: I said that kinda wrong. after the single not showing up on Akons alb maybe he doesnt feel as certain about his role as he did before. Anyway it was a nice thing to say whatever the reason behind it

I do not think Ne-Yo got scared. I think he just decided to be nice. Maybe he had a conscience and decided to not be so critical to a legend.

I didnt mean scared just not as comfortable. Anyway we can speculate to the cows come home were never going to know for sure so lets not pick at it.
Like you said he decided to be nice and very nice he was (just have to add maybe he finally heard mj record or heard some tracks and though they were killa anyway like i said lol)

I agree thats the nicest thing i've heard Neyo say, i have to buy his album just to be nosey. I love Closer and Miss independance

I agree thats the nicest thing i've heard Neyo say, i have to buy his album just to be nosey. I love Closer and Miss independance

Are you sure? lol I think some ppl missed some of Ne-yo's other interviews and whatnot...or maybe we were so busy seeing red about certain wordings or phrasings that we missed the blatantly positive? Ne-yo has been singing Michael's praises for a while but apparently it's the controversial stuff that sticks with some ppl most.

Thanks to all for the news and mentionings. :flowers:

The humble serving staff of London nightclub Whisky Mist were definitely not amused by the merry antics of one of the young Windsors - Princess Eugenie.

Damn, she's 18? Where did the time fly?

That is so cool, at least the person didn't hassle him and the kids, he just said hi and went on with his business

i think that ne-yo quote is old. i've read it like a million times before. they must be re-running the old stuff coz theres nothing new atm

Saturday 18 News

From Michael Jackson myspace:
The Jacksons’ "Destiny" and "Triumph" Coming In Expanded Editions

The evolution that began in 1976, of the classic Motown teen hitmaking group the Jackson 5 into the independent grown-ups known forever after on Epic Records as the Jacksons – was a transition that did not happen overnight. But there is universal agreement that by the time they released their third album for their new label, 1978's Destiny (with the worldwide hits "Blame It On The Boogie" and "Shake Your Body"), followed by 1980's Triumph, the first RIAA platinum album of their career – both LPs self-produced for the first time, and (mainly) self-penned – the transition was complete.

"Three decades after its initial release," writes Ernest Hardy of Destiny, "it's still fresher - more potent, more substantive within its sturdy R&B/pop structure - than most of what you hear playing on the radio or streaming on the net today." In honor of its 30th anniversary, DESTINY, including two bonus tracks of rare 12-inch disco mixes previously unavailable on CD, and TRIUMPH, with three bonus tracks of rare 12-inch mixes also previously unavailable on CD, will both arrive at both physical and digital outlets on January 27, 2009, through Epic/Legacy, a division of SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT.
DESTINY and TRIUMPH represent the first expanded editions ever issued by Legacy on the Jacksons, from their catalog of seven original studio and live albums on Epic between 1976 (The Jacksons) and 1989 (2300 Jackson Street). They follow the February 2008 release of the two-disc CD+DVD 25th anniversary expanded edition of Michael Jackson's THRILLER, which has sold over 2 million copies worldwide so far this year. Michael, celebrating his 50th birthday on August 29th, and the Jacksons will be among the focal points of Universal/Motown's 50th anniversary campaign this fall.
Both DESTINY and TRIUMPH have been newly remastered in the U.S. for the first time in more than a decade, by three-time Grammy Award-winning engineer Mark Wilder. In addition, these expanded editions gain historic importance with new liner notes essays by Ernest Hardy, an award-winning music and film critic and author published in the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Village Voice, Rolling Stone, and elsewhere. Hardy last worked for Legacy when he penned extensive notes for Love, Luther (Epic/J Records/Legacy), last year's four-CD box set tribute to Luther Vandross; and has also written notes for albums by Chet Baker, Johnny 'Guitar' Watson, and Chuck D's anthology of hip-hop protest songs, Louder Than A Bomb.

Opening his discussion of TRIUMPH, Hardy focuses on the landmark video for "Can You Feel It," the album's opening track (but its third single), and the song that actually follows it, "Lovely One" (the album's first and highest/longest-charting single). "That juxtaposition puts the overall album on ground similar to that mined by everyone from Marvin Gaye to Prince," he writes. "It's terrain on which the secular and the profane, spiritual love and carnal lust, all coil around and glide through one another, even though Michael's grinning come-ons stay firmly on the chaste side of seduction. It's a way of saying that the divides that have been put up between matters of the flesh and the spirit are false, a smokescreen."

More than a decade before, in late-1969, the newly-minted Jackson 5 – 11-year old Michael, 12-year old Marlon, 15-year old Jermaine, 16-year old Tito, and 18-year old Jackie – ignited a string of hits at Motown with their historic first four consecutive 1 R&B and 1 pop hits. They became a core group at the label, staying inside the Top 10 for nearly five years. But as they grew older – into their teens for Michael and Marlon, and out of their teens for the others – they grew restless with the Motown songwriters and assembly-line production, and began a campaign to change.
In 1976, they finally realized a long-term goal to part company with Motown and join the CBS Records Epic label, though they had to relinquish the name Jackson 5, thus becoming the Jacksons. Michael and Jermaine had both started recording as solo artists; Michael chose to stay with his brothers, while Jermaine remained at Motown, replaced by youngest member Randy.

By the time Epic assigned the Jacksons to Gamble & Huff's Philadelphia International wing, and they released their first new music in late 1976, Randy was 17, Michael was 18, Marlon was 19, Tito was 23, and Jackie was 25. Their self-titled debut album was a classic G&H PIR production, but only included two original compositions by the brothers. Still, the album was certified gold on the strength of two Top 10 R&B singles written by Gamble & Huff. Their second PIR album, 1977's Goin' Places fared less well, though it again included two original Jacksons compositions, and introduced some guitar work by Tito, and Randy on percussion.

All were experienced musicians by this time, and had observed the industry's top producers at work for nearly a decade. The decision to take over full rein of their own production and songwriting (and rev-up their presence as musicians) was an ambitious one – but yielded immediate success with DESTINY, a level of success surpassed two years later by TRIUMPH.
In between, Michael resumed his solo career at Epic with 1979's 7-times platinum blockbuster Off The Wall (169 weeks on the Billboard chart). After 1981's Jacksons Live double-LP, Michael came back in 1982 with Thriller, making pop history that stands to this day. The Jacksons have reunited on occasion since then – the "Motown 25" NBC-TV special in 1983; their Epic albums Victory in 1984 (and the "Victory World Tour"), and 2300 Jackson Street in 1989; and as part of 1985's "We Are the World" cast. Their Epic years were sampled on Epic/Legacy's 2004 collection, The Essential Jacksons.

"There is the sound of a family's long, hard struggles and sacrifices paying off on terms far more valuable then economic," Hardy sums up. "There's the sound of African American political struggles for equality and justice coming to fruition in the voices of blood-tied native sons, who can spin wise as social commentators and spiritual soothsayers, and then flip it and be the afro'd lothario. It's the sound of assorted American cultural practices, traditions, and musical genres all converging in one spot, in one family. It's the sound of destiny being fulfilled in triumph."

DESTINY: EXPANDED EDITION by The Jacksons (Epic/Legacy 88697 30869 2, originally issued December 1978, as Epic 35552, R&B 3, Pop 11) Selections: 1. Blame It On The Boogie (1st single, R&B 3, Hot 100 54) 2. Push Me Away 3. Things I Do For You 4. Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground) (2nd single, R&B 3, Hot 100 7) 5. Destiny 6. Bless His Soul 7. All Night Dancin' 8. That's What You Get (For Being Polite) Bonus tracks: 9. Blame It On The Boogie (John Luongo Disco Mix) 10. Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground) (John Luongo Disco Mix).

TRIUMPH: EXPANDED EDITION by The Jacksons (Epic/Legacy 88697 33558 2, originally issued October 1980, as Epic 36424, R&B 3, Pop 10) Selections: 1. Can You Feel It (3rd single, R&B 30, Hot 100 77) 2. Lovely One (1st single, R&B 2, Hot 100 12) 3. Your Ways 4. Everybody 5. This Place Hotel (aka Heartbreak Hotel) (2nd single, R&B 2, Hot 100 22) 6. Time Waits For No One 7. Walk Right Now (4th single, R&B 50, Hot 100 73) 8. Give It Up 9. Wondering Who Bonus tracks: 10. This Place Hotel (aka Heartbreak Hotel) (Single Version) 11. Walk Right Now (John Luongo Disco Mix) 12. Walk Right Now (John Luongo Instrumental Mix).

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=42261999&blogID=441739441

Mentionings

Recording artists encourage local students to pursue their dreams

Phil Perry just can't seem to stop singing in the halls of East St. Louis Senior High School.
The well-known recording artist said he used to get in trouble as a student for it, and Friday when he returned to visit, he still was singing.
"The halls had a great ring to them," Perry said. "The guidance counselor used to come out and tell me to quit singing. I would use that to get a pass to go to the auditorium where I could sing."

"The things I learned here from a lot of people, I still use them in life today," Perry said. "I want to tell these kids to soak up all the knowledge they can."
Phinnessee brought along his Grammy award from 1986 for Best Jazz Vocal Performance to show the students.
Earlier, Phinnessee was at Dupo High School to talk to the students of a friend who's a music teacher there.
"I ate cheeseburgers here at the Red Onion just like you," he said. "Now I have a Grammy. I have performed in front of the Pyramids with Lionel Ritchie. I have been around the world touring with Michael Jackson."

Full story http://www.bnd.com/living/story/507945.html

A slam dunk start to the season

STOCKTON - Anthony Brown was sporting a new look, but provided his usual flash Friday night as Pacific kicked off its basketball season with Midnight Mania.

The highlight of the night was a dance performance by the men's team. They showed their moves alongside the Tiger Dancers by getting down to Michael Jackson's "Beat It," and that was followed by an extended dance mix that evolved into a celebratory team huddle.

More http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081018/A_SPORTS08/810180335/-1/A_SPORTS

Rihanna's Umbrella named the catchiest hit

Rihanna's smash hit Umbrella was yesterday named the catchiest song.
It stayed at No1 for 10 weeks last year and had millions of people singing along to the chorus "umbrella, ella, ella".
It was even blamed for the miserable weather after one of the wettest summers on record while it was at the top spot. Researcher Onepoll.com said: "Umbrella was the hit everyone loved to hate. We loved it at first but it was annoying the 100th time.

"Even worse, while it was number one it seemed to be raining constantly."

Abba's 1976 floor filler Dancing Queen was second in the poll of 5,000 adults.
Top Ten: 1 Rihanna, Umbrella. 2 Abba, Dancing Queen. 3 Village People, YMCA. 4 Dexy's Midnight Runners, Come On Eileen. 5 Kylie Minogue, Can't Get You Out Of My Head. 6 Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody. 7 Michael Jackson, Billie Jean. 8 Culture Club, Karma Chameleon. 9 Wham!, Last Christmas. 10 Don McLean, American Pie.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/late...ella-named-the-catchiest-hit-115875-20815316/

Kansas Basketball Gets Season Started

LAWRENCE, Kan.— In front of a packed Allen Fieldhouse crowd, both the Kansas women’s and men’s basketball teams started their seasons with performances and scrimmages. The 24th annual Late Night in the Phog saw the Jayhawks raise the 2008 National Championship banner after a video tribute to the 2007-08 team.

Following a short address from Bill Self and a “Jayhawks in the NBA” video montage, the men’s team danced to a time capsule themed skit highlighted by the freshman performing to Michael Jackson’s “The Way You Make Me Feel.”

More http://www.wibw.com/sports/headlines/31216584.html

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1969 - The Jackson 5 made their U.S. television debut on ABC-TV's "Hollywood Place."

1980 - The Jackson's album "Triumph" hit #13 in the U.K.

jackson5.jpg

Last edited:

I joined the board and posted a response. i obviously hit a raw nerve, they came out like flies to respond to me.

Just reading a little on that board told me it wasn't a place I wanted to spend time.

They were very offending towards MJ IMO!

Thanks for all the news. Those Expanded Editions sounds intresting!

Just reading a little on that board told me it wasn't a place I wanted to spend time.

They were very offending towards MJ IMO!

Thanks for all the news. Those Expanded Editions sounds intresting!
Did You read my posts. i am datsy. i gave them a few hometruths. nearly all of them are quoting me. i must have hit a nerve. i have never done this before, but i was too annoyed.

Re: October 17-19 News and Mentionings - Update post 24

Good Job Datsy! :punk:

Re: October 17-19 News and Mentionings - Update post 24

This story appears on X Factor website today, so cool LOL:

http://xfactor.itv.com/stories/story...tem_100268.htm

Dinner with Michael Jackson? Better Eat It!

As you read this, eleven acts are holed up in North London, feverishly preparing to perform on tomorrow's Michael Jackson-themed show.

Each finalist has a different ***** song to perfect, so it looks like the King of Pop's amazing back catalogue has been brushed down and polished up - we're in for a treat!

One performer, however, has perhaps seen more of Michael's moon-walking antics than most - and up close!

In fact, Layla Manoochehri from Girlband has seen MJ at very close quarters. She told us, "I once had dinner with Michael Jackson. It's my claim to fame!"

Layla explained, "It was crazy - I never knew it was going to happen".

"I went to Bahrain to with some friends to watch the motor racing Grand Prix.

"Some of my mates got chatting to a guy who was friends with the Bahrain Royal family.

"So we had dinner at the house of one of the Princes, and Michael Jackson was staying with him. We all sat down for dinner together."

Of course, it's not the easiest thing to take in your stride!

Layla laughed, "I was so shocked I could hardly speak. Now I ask myself, 'Did that really happen'"?

"But I have pictures to prove it - cos I was the loon who went up and said 'Can I have my photo taken with you'"?

We're all jealous, and lot surprisingly lovely bandmate Tita can't believe Layla's luck either!

She wibbled, "I am the biggest Michael Jackson fan ever, and when she tells the story all I can think is, 'It's not fair, why couldn't I be there'"?

Back