Obama has spoken

Well I think Obama here could have mentioned how GREAT ha also was as a person, as Michael liked to be known as, not just an artist. Man, show some respect! How could you NOT say that.. I am disappointed in you Obama.. but the other things you said were okay :D Mabye just people have different ways to express things..

well being a president, expressing things in words is not very important. :ph34r:

naaaah, finally!
But still he should say much more about him. How good he was. But Obama probably doesn't even know it...

I did just hear that pres Obama did send a personal letter to the family right after Michael passed away. Some times its what goes on behind the scenes that is important.

But still he spoke up and said he had his music. He's unsure about his personal life, not everyone will have the time to look up about the allegations, especially the USA president!

Damn, even the slow Soul Train guy speaking at the BET Awards wasn't as boring as that.

In my opinion, Barack Obama has not been respectful of the passing of Michael Jackson. He said nothing on the date of his death on June 25, 2009. Jesse Jackson, Jr. led the House in a moment of silence before Obama had his press secretary release a statement. Leaders from around the world expressed their sadness and condolences for the family on video! Where was Barack? Then he finally says he's going to send a letter to the family. What an arrogant...! Sorry, Barack Obama if coverage of Michael's death preempted your speeches. But Michael was a wonderful, kind and loving human being who was beloved by billions from EVERY country around the world. He was more than just a musical icon. We thought of Michael as our brother, our son, our friend, our guardian angel, our hope. His body is gone, but that beautiful spirit still remains. I wish that our American president would have recognized that a little sooner. I think it's sad that as the American president and the first African-American president he didn't recognize the importance of this event much sooner. Even Michael's friend former President Bill Clinton contacted the family by phone. Michael will be missed. God rest his soul.

very well said :agree:

omg can people stop moaning already, he said something!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought that was nice what he said :) xxxx

I don’t understand why some are so hung up on Obama making a big statement or having a press conference about Michael’s sudden loss. This is borderline ridiculous. We don’t need the prez to tell us the world is mourning him or how big of a loss this is. We already know all of this. We’re feeling it. His absence of what many of you feel is an adequate or proper statement will not diminish Michael’s legacy in any way. He will still be the King of Pop and 100 years from now people will still talk about the legend that is Michael Jackson.

Obama is doing his job. He’s been accused of being too much of a celebrity in the past and now he’s focusing on his duties. They do not include commenting on the death of entertainers no matter how big they are. He’s got his priorities. He did however, take the time to send a personal letter or phone call to the Jackson family which is something he really didn’t have to do.

And since when does “I have his music on my iPod” = “I believe he bleached his skin” or “He had tragic aspects of his life” = “I believe all the negative rumors about him”? He did have tragic aspects of his life. To be that famous and loved all over the world but still feel lonely at times is tragic. To be such a sweet, compassionate person but still have your name slandered and be scandalized is tragic. To be abused as a child at the hands of your father and even ridiculed by him when all you want is his love and acceptance is tragic. And why would Obama believe the horrible rumors? Before Obama even became prez people tried to slander his name and ruin his credibility.

Honestly, I think some people are just using this as an excuse to bash Obama.

you people are as ignorant as people were when it came to Michael. Obama this Obama that. bullshit. i am out of this stupid thread!

Coming from you I am certain those "psychos" wear that as a badge of honor.

Haha, apparently I was one of those "psychos", so I appreciate the vote of confidence :p

Yes, I agree Obama is too busy. I mean, is it Iran, or Turmenistan this time? He's getting bored of killing, raping and maiming the Iraqi people, so I get the feeling he's ready for a "change".

In my opinion, Barack Obama has not been respectful of the passing of Michael Jackson. He said nothing on the date of his death on June 25, 2009. Jesse Jackson, Jr. led the House in a moment of silence before Obama had his press secretary release a statement. Leaders from around the world expressed their sadness and condolences for the family on video! Where was Barack? Then he finally says he's going to send a letter to the family. What an arrogant...! Sorry, Barack Obama if coverage of Michael's death preempted your speeches. But Michael was a wonderful, kind and loving human being who was beloved by billions from EVERY country around the world. He was more than just a musical icon. We thought of Michael as our brother, our son, our friend, our guardian angel, our hope. His body is gone, but that beautiful spirit still remains. I wish that our American president would have recognized that a little sooner. I think it's sad that as the American president and the first African-American president he didn't recognize the importance of this event much sooner. Even Michael's friend former President Bill Clinton contacted the family by phone. Michael will be missed. God rest his soul.
Very well said:clapping: I'm a little disappointed at the timing and the lack of expression. I watched the press secretary mentioned Michael in a briefing room (it looks like there) and it was so brief and dry. Then, it made me wait Obama himself to speak more, you know, show more sincere sadness, so yeah, I'm disappointed.

I know he's under a lot of pressure dealing with the economy, the wars and so many other issues, but...the president of the United States and the first African-American president of the US should have done more than this. I like Obama overall, so I'm not saying this just to bash him. This is how I really feel.

they have all the time in the world to 'leak' info about what he and Michele will do in Moscow and how her glamour will 'saduce' the Russians, but not to make a decent statement about Michael..
get outa here, both of the Obamas..

why cant people be pleased, people said their tribute in their own way. Talk about going on about it lol R.I.P Mike

Psychos, some of you. I don't mind being edited or reprimanded or whatever, but I can't think of any other word. Loony fanatical creeps who I'm embarrassed to be associated with in the same fanbase. I'm just thankful the comments here aren't made public and hopefully people know that not all Michael Jackson fans are like this.

I have no problem believing that Obama is a real fan. Michael's music played at his conventions, his daughters reportedly love MJ, and I've read Michelle talking about Obama trying to dance like Michael. I would explain thoroughly why he's done nothing wrong here as the President of the United States, but I have too much disgust for the insanity in this thread to bother. Christ. It would've been cool if he had spent more time on the subject matter and spoken more in depth about everything we wanted him to talk about, but the fact that he didn't is no big thing. He has more important things to do, even if the death of Michael Jackson feels like the most important thing in the world to us.

Oh no, many people have been visiting here since Thursday, they see. :no:

Back