Obama has spoken

honestly guys... he's the president. he has more important things to worry about. the fact he said anything at all is incredibly nice. while you can argue he wouldn't be where he is today without michael (and theres a great deal of truth to that), why does it really matter? does a statement from him justify anything? does it really matter if Obama is a fan (which im sure he is because deep down everyone is). Why does it matter what the celebrities think. Whos to say they aren't lying. I just dont see why everyone cares so much about the statement. just because the president does or doesn't say something doesn't make the event any more or less legitimate and tragic.

its great he said something, and gave his best wishes to the jackson family, but seriously - fix the economy first. then worry about the celebrities.

Obama? oh, am I supposed to actually give a damn about what some useless good for nothing politician says? I rest in total piece of mind knowing that Michael transcends the stupid, murderous, deceptive world of politics. I love you forever, Michael :) I don't need some stupid little politician to tell me what to think. You'll always dance and sing forever, and you'll always mean so much to so many people from ALL OVER the world.

Psychos, some of you. I don't mind being edited or reprimanded or whatever, but I can't think of any other word. Loony fanatical creeps who I'm embarrassed to be associated with in the same fanbase. I'm just thankful the comments here aren't made public and hopefully people know that not all Michael Jackson fans are like this.

I have no problem believing that Obama is a real fan. Michael's music played at his conventions, his daughters reportedly love MJ, and I've read Michelle talking about Obama trying to dance like Michael. I would explain thoroughly why he's done nothing wrong here as the President of the United States, but I have too much disgust for the insanity in this thread to bother. Christ. It would've been cool if he had spent more time on the subject matter and spoken more in depth about everything we wanted him to talk about, but the fact that he didn't is no big thing. He has more important things to do, even if the death of Michael Jackson feels like the most important thing in the world to us.

Half the people in here complaining aren't even from the US. What did the leader of YOUR COUNTRY have to say?? Michael was supposedly loved EVERYWHERE but the US anyway...

Are you guys serious? I mean, yeah, the passing of MJ was important and should be noticed, but the guy's trying to run the country for goodness sakes! Cut him some slack. Would you care if he hadn't said anything if Madonna died? Probably not...Who really cares if the president decides to say something or not? It's not going to bring Michael back. If he had said something that you had liked, you that make you like him? If you say yes, then that's a shame...

Psychos, some of you. I don't mind being edited or reprimanded or whatever, but I can't think of any other word. Loony fanatical creeps who I'm embarrassed to be associated with in the same fanbase. I'm just thankful the comments here aren't made public and hopefully people know that not all Michael Jackson fans are like this.

I have no problem believing that Obama is a real fan. Michael's music played at his conventions, his daughters reportedly love MJ, and I've read Michelle talking about Obama trying to dance like Michael. I would explain thoroughly why he's done nothing wrong here as the President of the United States, but I have too much disgust for the insanity in this thread to bother. Christ. It would've been cool if he had spent more time on the subject matter and spoken more in depth about everything we wanted him to talk about, but the fact that he didn't is no big thing. He has more important things to do, even if the death of Michael Jackson feels like the most important thing in the world to us.

Half the people in here complaining aren't even from the US. What did the leader of YOUR COUNTRY have to say?? Michael was supposedly loved EVERYWHERE but the US anyway...

:clapping:to you. I have no energy to respond otherwise to this thread.

that's UTTER bullshit you just said.

Michael wasn't born in my country, he was born in USA!

if USA is so important in the world and everyone in the world can speak about OBAMA then he might as well say something about a man who did SO MUCH for the AMERICAN society, which of course NEVER knew how to appreciate that!!!

for the black people especially , and as far as I recall Obama is a black man as well and should be hella proud and thankful to Michael.

but instead he is being a bitch with stupid comments of ipod... better say nothing than this silly shit. anyone on the street can say that.

Last edited:
that's UTTER bullshit you just said.

Michael wasn't born in my country, he was born in USA!

if USA is so important in the world and everyone in the world can speak about OBAMA then he might as well say something about a man who did SO MUCH for the AMERICAN society, which of course NEVER knew how to appreciate that!!!

for the black people especially , and as far as I recall Obama is a black man as well and should be hella proud and thankful to Michael.

but instead he is being a bitch with stupid comments of ipod... better say nothing than this silly shit. anyone on the street can say that.

What I said obviously went straight over your head...

i don't get it, please remind me? :scratch:

(not ironic)

The MEDIA and some fans from other countries, claim that the US doesn't support MJ anymore. Obviously that's not true, but that's the way they make it out to be.

Coming from you I am certain those "psychos" wear that as a badge of honor.

Surely. Because I'm just an insensitive judgmental jerk, as opposed to some you're defending who have told the President to burn in hell because they don't like the way he handled the death of Michael Jackson. Somehow I think I'll get over the aggression of my prior post :).

Truth hurts.

By the way we are not Psychos!! Obama could have said more, that is all.

Obama is busy, for what?? invading IRan or Somalia.

The MEDIA and some fans from other countries, claim that the US doesn't support MJ anymore. Obviously that's not true, but that's the way they make it out to be.

he was not supported as much as he should have been by the US. but that doesn't even matter anymore. what matters is that the president of the US is not paying respect to one of the most influential people of our time, especially for his country and the black people.

i am repeating myself here. Obama is wrong for not paying more respect to Michael,and unless that changes in the near future, I stand behind what I said.

and yeah, jiija i agree with you...

he was not supported as much as he should have been by the US. but that doesn't even matter anymore. what matters is that the president of the US is not paying respect to one of the most influential people of our time, especially for his country and the black people.

i am repeating myself here. Obama is wrong for not paying more respect to Michael,and unless that changes in the near future, I stand behind what I said.

and yeah, jiija i agree with you...

What did the leader of your country have to say about Michael's death? Same question for all the people outside of the US. Michael was HUGE in the UK and in Japan, but I don't recall any politicians in those places saying ANYTHING. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

I have the feeling that Obama didn´t like MJ as a person... But loved Mj as an artist you can see that in the footage... and i can assure you that he also thinks that MJ bleached is skin! It was writtrn in his face!! Oh if that so the hell with him! I like Obama but i didn´t like is coments on MJ!!!

What did the leader of your country have to say about Michael's death? Same question for all the people outside of the US. Michael was HUGE in the UK and in Japan, but I don't recall any politicians in those places saying ANYTHING. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

i am not from UK nor Japan. I am from a small country in Europe called Serbia. And I am sure most people on the forum don't even know where it is, or never even heard of it.

And once again, Michael is not from my country. So why would a president of my country say anything if the president of Michael's own homeland wouldn't bother saying anything? Will he even attend the funeral?

The president of my country paid tribute to Tose Proeski, a Macedonian singer of a very kind soul, much like Michael - Macedonia is a former republic of Yugoslavia - just like Serbia is,and yet our politicians paid tribute to the Macedonian singer.

Just either deal with it that your idealized president is not paying enough tribute to such a man as Michael,or if you can't , deal with it that we have different opinions. And I am not changing mine.

I'm actually soo damn pissed off at Obama because he didn't give Michael the respect that he deserves. I was a huge fan of Obama, not so much now. Seriously doesn't he know what Michael's done for America, black people and the entire world?!?! Someone tell that guy.

I'm actually soo damn pissed off at Obama because he didn't give Michael the respect that he deserves. I was a huge fan of Obama, not so much now. Seriously doesn't he know what Michael's done for America, black people and the entire world?!?! Someone tell that guy.

exactly. if the whole world depends on the power and authority of the USA and its president, why not mention what Michael did for the world? because he didn't start any war?

dangerous_88 Majority of people know Serbia. What you said is so true and deep.

I'm also from the Uk, but my really country, what can i say? there's war.

Well I think Obama here could have mentioned how GREAT ha also was as a person, as Michael liked to be known as, not just an artist. Man, show some respect! How could you NOT say that.. I am disappointed in you Obama.. but the other things you said were okay :D Mabye just people have different ways to express such wievs..

Back