November 14-16, 2008 (Update on post #64 for Nov. 16, 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Maybe Michael Jackson will appear in a court today

to be fair mj was last known ot have been in L.A last tues.

same ole crap. doesnt seem to matter how rich they are. hes nothing more than a wannabe celeb. i guess he got excited that he bagged mj instead of having jermaine hang around him for years. seems to have no problem giving jermaine money so he can live his lifestyle yet claim he hasnt enough to pay child support.

because you dont have to unless the judge orders it. its like all the other civil cases like schaffel. you give a deposition and thats enough. idoubt the court would want him there with all the hasstle it would bring

Wasn't Mike at his birthday party not long ago??

whos? the prince? dont think so. that was the sultan of brunies son he had a party last may.

It’s just so crazy because sometimes you never really know what’s in the person’s mind until you have a basic, every day, heart-to-heart conversation with them. You know what I mean?

Akon is a lot of things, but whathe stated right here is on point. MJ is like the definition of awesome. I always tell people, "just talk to him". Now, I never met Mike, but I figure, the only way anyone can have a great experience with MJ is talking to him". I would not be shocked if MJ is this dude that is so cool that you just cannot get away from him. LOL.

As for Kanye -

And ppl fall for his trap everytime, imho. It's kinda fun to watch.

LOL. It is very funny to watch. It is entertaining as well. Everytime he has a meltdown or a hissy fit or a moment to be self absorbed, I laugh at him. LOL.

oh for God's sake Michael!

What is that for? MJ is the one who was played here. I hope MJ wins this lawsuit and make that Prince or whoever he claims he is an example never to mess with him again.

Last edited:
http://cbs11tv.com/entertainment/Michael.Jackson.lawsuit.2.866511.html

Jackson Sued For Alleged Failed Book, Album Deal

LONDON (AP) ― The son of an Arab monarch took the King of Pop to court Monday, charging that Michael Jackson took $7 million as an advance on an album and an autobiography that he never produced.

Lawyers for Sheikh Abdulla bin Hamad Al Khalifa of Bahrain say the money was given to Jackson as an advance on the book and joint recording project with the sheikh, who is an amateur songwriter. Jackson claims the money was a gift.

Jackson and Al Khalifa were not at London's Royal Courts of Justice as the trial opened. Jackson's lawyers said he would seek permission to testify by a videolink from the United States.

Bankim Thanki, a lawyer for Al Khalifa, said the royal first spoke to Jackson by telephone while the singer was on trial in California on charges of child molestation.

Al Khalifa wanted to work with Jackson on rebuilding his career, Thanki said. To that end, the sheikh spent millions paying Jackson's legal feels, moving him to Bahrain and supporting Jackson, his family and entourage.

The expenses included $350,000 for a European vacation for Jackson and his associates, Thanki said.

"The cost even included the expenses of bringing out Mr. Jackson's hairdresser," Thanki said. "It's not a conventional commercial dispute," said .

The lawyer said Jackson and the sheikh became close and at one time both were living in a palace in Abu Dhabi owned by Al Khalifa's father, Sheikh Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, the king of the oil-rich country. The singer stayed nearly a full year in Bahrain as a guest of the son, who serves as the governor of the country's Southern Province.

Thanki acknowledged that Al Khalifa gave some gifts to Jackson but said that most of what Jackson received was part of a business deal.

The gifts, he said, "were essentially personal effects -- watches, jewelry."

Jackson's finances fell apart after he was arrested in 2003 over allegations he molested a 13-year-old boy at his ranch. A jury cleared him of all the charges.

Last week he was forced to give up the deed on Neverland, a 2,500-acre (1,000 hectare) miniature amusement park in California named for the mythical land of Peter Pan.

Al Khalifa wanted to work with Jackson on rebuilding his career, Thanki said. To that end, the sheikh spent millions paying Jackson's legal feels, moving him to Bahrain and supporting Jackson, his family and entourage.

well that tells it all to me. he sucked upto mj giving him money and gifts in order to get mj to agree a deal. when that didnt happen we have what we do now

it sounds nothing more than the prince sucking upto mj giving him money and gifts and doing that for the sole purpose of then aksing him to do xy and x mj would feel obligated cause of the gifts.when mj turned it down the prince sues. wheres the contract? dont tell me the whole case is based on what ive just said and there werent even any contracts signed

Last edited:
http://www.stalbansreview.co.uk/uk_nationa...h_s_own_songs_/

Jackson 'to sing sheikh's own songs'

© Press Association 2008

An Arab sheikh suing Michael Jackson for £4.7 million was trying to get the international recording star to sing the sheikh's own songs, it was revealed at the High Court.

Sheikh Abdulla bin Hamad Al Khalifa, second son of the King of Bahrain, had set Jackson up with a recording studio at his Neverland ranch and then sent him his compositions.

Bankim Thanki QC, representing the sheikh, told Mr Justice Sweeney that the day after Jackson's criminal trial ended over child molestation charges in California, the star recorded one of the compositions which the sheikh wanted released as a charity single to help victims of the Boxing Day tsunami.

Mr Thanki promised the judge that a recording of the song would be played in court during the trial. "It shows the quality of Sheikh Abdulla's song writing skills and that of Mr Jackson's voice," he told the judge.

"Sheikh Abdulla began to support Mr Jackson financially after 2005 when it became clear that Mr Jackson was in very serious financial difficulties, much to Sheikh Abdulla's surprise," said Mr Thanki.

He said the sheikh was first asked by an assistant of Jackson for 35,000 US dollars to pay utility bills at Neverland. The following month, in April 2005, Jackson asked for one million dollars through an assistant.

The sheikh is suing the pop music legend for allegedly reneging on a 7,000,000 US dollar (£4.7 million) "pay-back" agreement designed to repay money he advanced to Jackson during his worst financial troubles.

He claims he and Jackson entered into a "combined rights agreement" (CRA) under which the troubled superstar was committed to a recording contract, the production of an autobiography and a musical stage play.

But Jackson is contesting the claim, insisting there was no valid agreement and that the sheikh's case is based on "mistake, misrepresentation and undue influence". In his pleaded defence, Jackson says the payments he received were "gifts" and that no project was ever finalised.

The hearing continues.

------------

So this guy had Michael recording music compositions THE DAY AFTER the trial ended? Wow.

Can you guys add some of this news to the Nov 17 news and mentionings thread? Pwetty Pwease?

Sheikh Abdulla bin Hamad Al Khalifa, second son of the King of Bahrain, had set Jackson up with a recording studio at his Neverland ranch and then sent him his compositions.

Bankim Thanki QC, representing the sheikh, told Mr Justice Sweeney that the day after Jackson's criminal trial ended over child molestation charges in California, the star recorded one of the compositions which the sheikh wanted released as a charity single to help victims of the Boxing Day tsunami.

Mr Thanki promised the judge that a recording of the song would be played in court during the trial. "It shows the quality of Sheikh Abdulla's song writing skills and that of Mr Jackson's voice," he told the judge.
mj was getting used again within days of the trial ending nothing changed. this prince is awannabe celeb nothing more

gfom gooner on kop board he sums it up nicely

Can we be honest these guy's used him (I dont care if they are Royalty) because they wanted to make some money, if Michael did sign somthing than it is likly he will loose. The biggest issue for me is so soon after the trial these people were taking advantage of him and his situatuation, people around him should have stoped this.

As for him not turning up to a recording studio in London........I am pretty sure I and plenty of other fans who were there can vouch for the fact Michael was in the studio. Everything about this case is very tabloid and to me the Bahrain Royal family seem like a bunch a crook's who took advantage of him.

Please carry this discussion over to the Nov 17 News & Mentioning thread. Closing this one for now. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back