November 14-16, 2008 (Update on post #64 for Nov. 16, 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: November 14-16, 2008 News and Mentionings

Sorry for the delay in the news and mentionings for november 15, 2008. I will be updating it as soon as possible and thank you for those who contributed a few articles.

i dont beleive that would stand up in court because you would have to prove that mj agreed to record the song before he even left for bahrain. and considering mj left for bahrain within a week or so after the trial there is no way mj went there after agreeing to record the song. jermaine stated in inteviews and maybe the bahrain lot aswell that mj was invited there to rest/relax. the prince is being gready because his only claim would be for expenses after the time mj agreed to do the song. so say it was 6 months after he and the kids arrived he would only be able to claim money for the time after 6 months and onwards. the princes argument is obviously based on the fact that he only offered mj a place to stay and paid for everything because mj agreed to do the song.when mj didnt do the song he wanted his money back. but money is only due from the time mj agreed to do the song. and imo unless theres some kinda contract saying im paying for all this on the agreement you do the song then i cant see it standing up because its nothing more than good faith in accepting the hospitality. you dont expect strings to be attached especially when the first offer of hospitiality was based around helping you get away after the case which is easy to prove. it smacks of someone taking advantange and being gready.

It really, primarily, depends on what is documented and what, if anything, Michael signed. If he signed an agreement to provide a track or tracks for an album, or for a single. . well, it all hinges on that pretty much. And if there is no documentation of an agreement, then it's over. Looks like it's not over yet, but hopefully soon?

Vic

Hey EM, if you find out more about that trial, please let us know. I think this is the main and last real hurdle for MJ to cross if he wants to start distributing his music again. Thanks!

Yes, please let us know what you find out. As Mello said, this seems to be the only major thing pending that could be an obstacle. When this goes away, well. . . good!

Vic

Michael Jackson Mentionings for Nov 15, 2008:

A great read about a lady who has down syndrome and is a very big fan of Michael Jackson and will be auditioning on Britian's Got Talent.

http://www.thepress.co.uk/news/3850712.Holly___s_got_talent/
'
Holly’s got talent

11:39am Saturday 15th November 2008
Comments (0) Have your say »

SIMON Cowell won’t know what hit him when Holly Bradley auditions for the show Britain’s Got Talent.
For Holly, 22, from Barmby Moor, is heading to Manchester later this month to wow the music mogul and television’s Mr Nasty with her Michael Jackson moves, hoping to prove she is a Thriller rather than plain Bad.
Holly, who lives in West End, has been fascinated with Michael Jackson for the last six years and knows all of Michael Jackson's dance floor moves off by heart, including the famous moonwalk, and also owns several copies of his costumes.
Holly, who has Down’s syndrome, even teaches entertainment staff at the hotel she stays at when she and her sister, Michelle, go on holiday to Tunisia. She said she had been getting plenty of practice in, particularly to her favourite Michael Jackson song – Billie Jean.
Her mum, Christine, said it had been Michelle who had sent the audition tapes off to Britain’s Got Talent and they then got a letter inviting them to audition – but only on the proviso that they agree to be filmed.
Christine said: “I didn’t know anything about it but Holly taught herself all the dance moves. It’s her favourite thing, she is absolutely brilliant at it and she just adores Michael Jackson.”
Simon Cowell had better watch out too, because Christine said Holly also loves him.
Christine said: “She adores him as well and will probably be giving him a kiss.”
Holly’s talent was spotted by Julia Gregory, her former drama teacher at Kings Mill School.
Christine said Julia had told her: “It’s a great breakthrough for people with special needs as people think they can’t do anything but these kids can do things.
Christine added: “She might not win but it’s an experience for her to show people what she can do.”
The day in Manchester on November 25 will be a family affair as Holly will be accompanied by her mum, sister and niece – but it will be Christine suffering from nerves rather than Holly.
“There will be no problem for her,” she said. “Holly is not a bit frightened, she will go on any stage.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entert...l/2008/11/15/sure-to-be-a-hit-86908-20896213/

Best Of This Week's Tv That's What I Call 1983 Friday, Stv, 10pm
This one-off special rolls back 25 years to when the very first That's What I Call... compilation album packaged up a bunch of recent charts hits and shot straight to number one.
Since then the album series has sold more than 75 million. And 1983 was also the year the CD player first arrived in Britain, along with Cabbage Patch Dolls, Roland Rat, Madonna and Michael Jackson's Thriller.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/..._my_wife_a_trimmer_me/articleshow/3716669.cms

No mean effort, since not many artistes manage to fill the stadium that accommodates 40,000. Says Adnan, “It’s divine intervention. It was fantastic and total madness for two days. Wembley is a prestigious venue, like the Dome in Toronto. My shows abroad have always been very successful.”

Now Adnan’s going international with his album with the Jackson siblings, which he’ll produce and compose for. “It’ll be [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Motown[/COLOR][/COLOR]-meets-world-music-meets-Indian-music. Michael, Janet and Jermaine Jackson follow my work closely, right down to the background strings. It was Jermaine’s wife who introduced him to my [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]music[/COLOR][/COLOR] and he, in turn, introduced the others to it,”
reveals Adnan.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,24657560-5018092,00.html

Brian yesterday said he was named after a character in the mini-series Rich Man, Poor Man. Is this a sign of things to come?
The Light Regional Council CEO remembers Wes(ley) as the young kid who used to bust out the Michael Jackson moves in the lounge room, the kid who turned an "obsessive focus" into a burgeoning musical career.

http://www.tvguide.com/Episode-Recaps/life-mars/Life-Mars-Episode-67006.aspx

Life on Mars Episode Recap: "Tuesday's Dead"

When Sam gets a cryptic phone call from the present that he will die by 2:00 pm and hostages, taken at a local hospital, will start dying by 2:00 pm if demands aren't met, Sam and the 125 Precinct must save the hostages and solve the mystery before time runs out. Who will die and what more will we understand about this time travel mystery?

It looks like the 125 Precinct had a light crime night when they decide to party with the local hookers. You know, that stuff happens all the time, right? At first all-business Sam resists along with on duty Annie Norris but soon enough they give into temptation and party like it's 1973. Sam throws in some '80s Michael Jackson to be cool.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...t-on-Barack-Obama-to-preserve-their-jobs.html

Detroit has long since lost its most famous rhythms – the legendary Motown studios that gave the world the sound of Gladys Knight, Diana Ross, Marvin Gaye, Smokey Robinson and Michael Jackson moved to Los Angeles in 1972 from their humble origins in a two-storey house at 2468 Grant Avenue.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/169166

Alvin turns 50 this year, and he's experiencing a major popularity surge—not bad for a cartoon character who won his first Grammy in 1958. At the 2008 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards, Alvin's latest movie (a CGI adventure called "Alvin and the Chipmunks") was named the year's best film by tweens, who helped it gross $217 million domestically, $34 million more than "The Simpsons Movie." Alvin and his two background singers—the blue-shirted guitarist Simon and the green-shirted drummer Theodore—were recently inducted into Madame Tussauds wax museum, and they just dropped their first new album in a decade. It's fairly common for an animated franchise to run forever on nostalgia fumes, but terminal cuteness is only part of their success. The Chipmunk empire has assiduously updated its chirpy repertoire to appeal to the next generation. Many kids in the '80s heard the Chipmunks wholesome version of "Beat It" long before they heard Michael Jackson's original. Even their storyline—three orphans who become pop stars only to find themselves tested by the temptations of sudden fame—never grows old. They're the animated version of Horatio Alger, mixed with a healthy dose of Zac Efron

Michael Jackson HIStory for November 15, 2008:

1992 - The first part of the five-hour TV mini-series "The Jacksons: An American Dream" was aired on ABC-TV.

Re: November 14-16, 2008 (Update on post #36 for Nov. 15, 2008)

It really, primarily, depends on what is documented and what, if anything, Michael signed. If he signed an agreement to provide a track or tracks for an album, or for a single. . well, it all hinges on that pretty much. And if there is no documentation of an agreement, then it's over. Looks like it's not over yet, but hopefully soon?
yeah i agree re the recording of music and it being done depending on contracts etc. but the part about wanting money back for all the time mj and the kids spent there doesnt have a leg to stand on imo because non of that record label stuff and guy holmes business started till mj had been there along time. its well documented that mj went there within a week of the trial to have some R&R

Yes, please let us know what you find out. As Mello said, this seems to be the only major thing pending that could be an obstacle. When this goes away, well. . . good!
yeah ill keep an eye out as always. IF it is the start of the trial id expect someone in the media to pick it up. cases like this do get reported on but obviously not as much as the U.S media reporting on U.S lawsuits. but tbh there has only been a small amount of reporting even when the case was filed and one of those reports was only because the prince gave an interview to some paper and it got brought up.anyway withthe net being as it is im sure everyone will pick news up if something gets reported. I guess the first question will be if its the actual start of the trial of just another hearing cause if its just a hearing i doubt there will be a word said like when the last hearing happened in july

from reading the docus on the site and what each one means i think the case is expected to last more than 10 days which is long for these cases over here. normally its probably half that at the most

Last edited:

I think it's safest to refrain from judging on the case until we know more about it. At this point, we're just guessing because we have no idea what agreements have been signed, if any, and when. English judges are known to be very good, so I'll wait for his decision.

Amy Winehouse said MJ is her favourite artist and he is magical (video/audio) in link, scroll down two stories: http://www.mrpaparazzi.com/
cool thanks, great to hear from her.

Last edited:

Michael Jackson Mentionings for Nov 15, 2008:

A great read about a lady who has down syndrome and is a very big fan of Michael Jackson and will be auditioning on Britian's Got Talent.

http://www.thepress.co.uk/news/3850712.Holly___s_got_talent/
'
Holly’s got talent

11:39am Saturday 15th November 2008
Comments (0) Have your say »
SIMON Cowell won’t know what hit him when Holly Bradley auditions for the show Britain’s Got Talent.
For Holly, 22, from Barmby Moor, is heading to Manchester later this month to wow the music mogul and television’s Mr Nasty with her Michael Jackson moves, hoping to prove she is a Thriller rather than plain Bad.
Holly, who lives in West End, has been fascinated with Michael Jackson for the last six years and knows all of Michael Jackson's dance floor moves off by heart, including the famous moonwalk, and also owns several copies of his costumes.
Holly, who has Down’s syndrome, even teaches entertainment staff at the hotel she stays at when she and her sister, Michelle, go on holiday to Tunisia. She said she had been getting plenty of practice in, particularly to her favourite Michael Jackson song – Billie Jean.
Her mum, Christine, said it had been Michelle who had sent the audition tapes off to Britain’s Got Talent and they then got a letter inviting them to audition – but only on the proviso that they agree to be filmed.
Christine said: “I didn’t know anything about it but Holly taught herself all the dance moves. It’s her favourite thing, she is absolutely brilliant at it and she just adores Michael Jackson.”
Simon Cowell had better watch out too, because Christine said Holly also loves him.
Christine said: “She adores him as well and will probably be giving him a kiss.”
Holly’s talent was spotted by Julia Gregory, her former drama teacher at Kings Mill School.
Christine said Julia had told her: “It’s a great breakthrough for people with special needs as people think they can’t do anything but these kids can do things.
Christine added: “She might not win but it’s an experience for her to show people what she can do.”
The day in Manchester on November 25 will be a family affair as Holly will be accompanied by her mum, sister and niece – but it will be Christine suffering from nerves rather than Holly.
“There will be no problem for her,” she said. “Holly is not a bit frightened, she will go on any stage.”

What a lovely story, I wish her all the best and hope that Simon Cowell appreciates her efforts however her performance goes.
That was nice to hear from Amy too :yes:
Thanks for the news Dorothy Marie

Haven't heard amy speak about MJ in 4 years.

as i listened to that Amy Winehouse interview, i felt like i was listening to a fragile little girl. she seemed afraid to tell the pap who her favorite artist is..and i can understand that, cus the paps' reputation and all...

he had to bring up the name MJ..and she responded like an innocent, slightly timid little girl telling the truth. i loved hearing her..and all i wanted to scream from my soul was..'LEAVE HER ALONE!!' to all the people who have enviously given her trouble in her successful music life.

and her singing voice is the u know hwatt!!

i love hearing it..and i STILL love her rendition of Beat It

^^ Well, the fact that Winehouse recognizes MJ's "magicality".. erm, "magicalness".. ok, magic lol.. speaks volumes.

She sounded pretty relaxed to my ears. And I found that she expressed herself about MJ with firm conviction.

You tell'em, Amy! lol

^^ Well, the fact that Winehouse recognizes MJ's "magicality".. erm, "magicalness".. ok, magic lol.. speaks volumes.

She sounded pretty relaxed to my ears. And I found that she expressed herself about MJ with firm conviction.

You tell'em, Amy! lol

i'm not saying she wasn't firm in her convictions..i'm just kinda sayin how she feels shy around the pap, expecting a negative response from him..hence her rather hesitant approach..yeah..she leaves no doubt who her fav artist is..but she also leaves no doubt how uncomfy the paps make her feel..although she does start to get into her convo about her experiences, as if talking to a friend, afterwards..

Dispite the nice things she had to say about Mike, she really needs to get her life straighten out and get back to her music clean and sober.

yeah ill keep an eye out as always. IF it is the start of the trial id expect someone in the media to pick it up. cases like this do get reported on but obviously not as much as the U.S media reporting on U.S lawsuits. but tbh there has only been a small amount of reporting even when the case was filed and one of those reports was only because the prince gave an interview to some paper and it got brought up.anyway withthe net being as it is im sure everyone will pick news up if something gets reported. I guess the first question will be if its the actual start of the trial of just another hearing cause if its just a hearing i doubt there will be a word said like when the last hearing happened in july

from reading the docus on the site and what each one means i think the case is expected to last more than 10 days which is long for these cases over here. normally its probably half that at the most

Yes please, keep an eye on this? News in the U.S. is taken up lately by the Obama victory (and rightly so), plus, there is a wildfire burning in California and threatening the power of the entire city of Los Angeles. It's quite significant at the moment. Thousands of people displaced. I feel for them, I really DO. However, there is only so much time for news, and we are getting no almost NO Michael news here in the U.S. at present. I thought the sale of N/L would be a front-page item, but there is a lot else going on, and it wasn't. So yes, please, keep track of this and post here?

Do you know if Michael is "required" to appear, or can send a vid deposition, or turn the whole thing over to attorneys, or what?

Victoria

mj didn't leave to bahrain a week after the trial, it was three wks after.....

he went to lv, got there at 3 am, stayed for three wks, and left at 3 am......

and this dude was quoted as saying mj was his GUEST so last i heard, u don't charge guests.

^ Exactly. I saw her latest pictures, she looks really bad. :(

Amy admitted to the reason why MJ never needs radio and a released single. because she looked through the eyes of a child and said that MJ is the only artist that exudes...'magic'.

anyway...she looks good to me.

and this dude was quoted as saying mj was his GUEST so last i heard, u don't charge guests.

There may be more to it than that, depending on whether or not he SIGNED something. If he did (and I sincerely hope he didn't), that will come out at the trial.

Vic

hi :waving: good evening i found this post ;)

here is website:http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/sos-review/The-prompt.4697107.jp

The prompt

Growing up in the back of beyond, you'd think I'd have been accustomed to the dark and to country roads, but a recurring and waking nightmare of mine would always occur in this precise scenario. There was another one, about a pirate, a ship, and some rope, but let's not…
It would be when we were driving home from having visited friends of the family, with my sister and me tucked up in the back seat. She always fell asleep, and I was always left with my imagination. The long and short of it was that I used to imagine ADVERTISEMENTthat my parents weren't my parents at all.

There were times, as there are in any child's life, when I wished this were true. Mostly because they hadn't allowed me that third chocolate biscuit, or a sip of my dad's Sweetheart Stout as a means to pass the evening in adult company.

Recently I had a similar pang for adoptive parents, in the form of Channel 4's The Family. The liberal values of Jane and Simon Hughes as they went about their daily lives was as thrilling a work of reality TV as I've ever seen, yet its thrill was in the charm of the everyday. Channel 4's experiment was simply to film a regular family for four months. No one had to re-enact Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' video (Big Brother), and no one had to deride or degrade the spouse of a stranger in order to come out on top (Wife Swap). This was no competition, and there was no prize. This was reality TV finally showing off its potential in its very definition: it filmed real life and put it on the telly.

Of course, there was some serious editing of events, and the music used for the soundtrack was so delicately chosen that you'd be forgiven for fearing you were falling under the spell of an orchestrated drama. The joy of this drama is in its utter lack of, well, drama, however. There was one wedding, an ear piercing and a succession of boyfriends to contend with for the parents, as they got their kids out of bed and back into it safely. That was it. Not quite the inactivity of a sleeping Big Brother house, but not miles away either.

As 50,000 people signed a petition last week complaining that X-Factor is rigged and that there should be an Ofcom enquiry, there's clearly a continuing appetite for our obsession with delving into people's private tragedies as justification for public glory and 'the prize'. Bring on the dancing monkeys! I have a problem with that and hope that it is ultimately untenable.

But there is some hope in the fact that quietly, genuinely, and possibly while very few were watching, a family opened the door to their lives without razzmatazz, and for that, in my opinion, became the most interesting TV stars of the year.

actually sos deaf....Tmez spoke to MJ being hospitalized right after trial for about a week and when MJ did leave for Bahrain it was a hot bright sunny day not 3am. it was all over tv.

I know this may sound like a really daft question but does anyone know why this case is filed (I presume) and heard in the British (Her Majesty's) courts. Is the Prince a UK resident/citizen as well?

Either way, Im eager to see how this one turns out.

Amy admitted to the reason why MJ never needs radio and a released single. because she looked through the eyes of a child and said that MJ is the only artist that exudes...'magic'.

anyway...she looks good to me.

winehouse2-300x283.jpg

:unsure:

mez said mj stayed in hospital the night after the verdict deepac chorpa then said mj went down to his place in san deigo. while he was waiting for his passport as sneddon was messing about getting it back to him. mj then left and went to paris where he stayed for approx a week theres photos of him in paris and this was confirmed by some french fans who are close to mj.he flew from there to bahrain.

Last edited:

Do you know if Michael is "required" to appear, or can send a vid deposition, or turn the whole thing over to attorneys, or what?
from what ive read on the court website mj doesnt have appear. written depos are fine unless its special circumstances and the judge orders it pretty much like the U.S court.the case is also heard by a single judge and not a jury if what ive read is correct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back