New Prince album "20Ten", full tracklist inside.

MattyJam

Guests
1. Compassion
2. Beginning Endlessly
3. Future Soul Song
4. Sticky Like Glue
5. Lavau%
6. Act Of God
7. Walk In Sand
8. Sea Of Everything
9. Everybody Loves Me

(Possibly a hidden track too!)

20TEN-1.png

Re: New Prince album 20Ten, full tracklist inside.

hahah everybody loves me lol

Knowing how much music Prince produces vs only 9 tracks on the album, Im sure there is a hidden track too.

Thank you for this. Looking forward to it.

Looks exciting! I don't really understand why Prince releases his albums for free, inside newspapers and magazines :mello: At least in Europe... he did that with his last album. Is it because he doesn't expect them to sell well?

Again: marketing strategy :lol:
I think he's trying to pull a Radiohead, they did it on line though. and it was until a certain date.
but i don't think he gives everything for free :unsure:

Cannot wait for this! From a few rumblings a couple of weeks ago, to a release date, cover art and tracklisting: Prince doesn't hang around!! lol.

Not sure about the title though. 1999, 3121 and now 20Ten = Numbers overload! Does it have a deeper meaning? I hear the "hidden" track (#10) will be "20th", which was originally planned as track #1 (and is the influence behind the title).

Any word on when/how the UK will get it? Will it be free for us, too, or available in shops like Planet Earth was outside of the UK in 2007? Or will we be glossed over, like we were with Lotusflow3r...?

Cannot wait for this! From a few rumblings a couple of weeks ago, to a release date, cover art and tracklisting: Prince doesn't hang around!! lol.

Not sure about the title though. 1999, 3121 and now 20Ten = Numbers overload! Does it have a deeper meaning? I hear the "hidden" track (#10) will be "20th", which was originally planned as track #1 (and is the influence behind the title).

Any word on when/how the UK will get it? Will it be free for us, too, or available in shops like Planet Earth was outside of the UK in 2007? Or will we be glossed over, like we were with Lotusflow3r...?
Since Prince doesn't really deal with the majors and releases his stuff independently, I don't think he has the financial or distribution power of a major label. So he makes a deal with a Target or a newspaper or passes them out at concerts like with Musicology.

looking forward to this, does anyone know if it has actually been leaked or more information about uk release? got 2 copies of Planet Earth-1 from the paper and 1 i was given when I went to the concert, would gladly exchange a Planet Earth for a 20TEN

Since Prince doesn't really deal with the majors and releases his stuff independently, I don't think he has the financial or distribution power of a major label. So he makes a deal with a Target or a newspaper or passes them out at concerts like with Musicology.

I do commend his innovation and persistence when many other artists would roll over and call it a day, but IMO he really dropped the (crystal) ball with Lotusflow3r: his first new album since the major success (and media attention) of Planet Earth and the o2 residency, and it never received a UK release!! Yeah, sure, we could import it from the US, but we had to pay $30 for what Target were selling for $11! All we got was a download-only remix of Dance 4 Me, months after the album had vanished - and without the original (or even a radio edit) to classify it as a proper single.

Let's just see what happens with "20Ten"...

Hmmm... that's interesting. I'm looking forward to this.

lmao at Everybody Loves Me. :wild:

I don't know how to feel. Prince as we all know is a talented mofo but as of late it seems he can't help but get in his own way. I hope he doesn't rap on this album,lol.

Don't expect another Sign 'O The Times.. THAT PRINCE is someone who will never come back.. It's a pity that his music is boring nowadays.. Full of improvisations..

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/music/news/e3i1776da49f7137563f936bba780bf0885?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thr%2Fmusic+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Music%29&utm_content=Twitter

Prince to release '20Ten' free in Europe

Over 2.5 million CDs to be included in July 10 newspapers

By Andre Paine, Billboard
Share tweetmeme_style ='compact';
June 29, 2010, 05:51 PM ET

142587-prince_341x182.jpg
Prince (Getty)

LONDON -- Prince will release his new album, "20Ten," as a free giveaway with various European newspapers and magazines.

In the U.K., Prince has signed up with tabloid newspaper the Daily Mirror and its associated Scottish title the Daily Record for the CD giveaway. More than 2.5 million copies will be distributed on July 10 with the newspapers.

The deal will also include Prince's first British newspaper interview in more than a decade and competitions for European concert tickets.

The German edition of Rolling Stone has announced that its August issue, to be published July 22, will include a new Prince album, "20Ten."

As well as including the "20Ten" CD, the magazine will also carry an interview with Prince, who plays a July 5 concert at Berlin Waldbuhne. It has already published a track-by-track of the album online here in German.

The 10-track album will not have a regular release at retail or via download, according to a statement from German Rolling Stone, although it seems likely that this only applies to the German market.

Prince's July 2007 album "Planet Earth" was released as a free cover-mount CD with the Mail on Sunday newspaper in the U.K., to coincide with his London O2 Arena shows. U.K. retailers reacted with fury at the newspaper exclusive, following decades of support for the artist by British record stores.

As a result of the Mail on Sunday deal, Columbia declined to distribute the album in the U.K. when it released the album internationally a week or so after the newspaper appeared. Three years on, it is still not being distributed in the U.K. on download stores such as iTunes or with physical retailers.

Prince has already agreed another deal for Belgium, where the "20Ten" album will be issued with the Het Nieuwblad newspaper on July 10, the day he performs at the country's Werchter festival. The newspaper already ran an extensive interview with Prince on June 24.

It remains to be seen whether Prince strikes other European deals with magazines and newspapers, and how he intends to release the album in North America.

July 1 2010 - Prince, Stevie Wonder & Shiela E. - Superstition

Last edited:
dudes lookin older, gettin wisecrackier, changing letters into numbers, and numbers into letters lol

woooohoooooooo another free Prince album, can't wait. Such ashame I gotta buy a tabloid though grrrr

omg i never thought of that..why would he make people buy something that i thought he was against? better to charge twice as much for the album, than attach it freely to the purchase of a tabloid.

wait so the album is going to attached inside the newspaper or some ticket to recieved, sorry for my ignorance i just started to discover prince

^ the cd will be included with your newspaper. It will just be in a cardboard sleeve with the artwork of the album on. If you are going to his concerts you will also receive the album when you enter.

Just realised that "Hot Summer" is NOT on the "20Ten" tracklist - what was the purpose behind giving that track airplay (in the US at least) if it wasn't in promotion of the upcoming album??

Back