NEW Michael Jackson Wax work at Madamme Tussauds

bobmoo79

Proud Member
I started a thread a while ago asking what the current Michael Jackson figure looks like in London and wasn't impressed with what I saw.

Madamme Tussauds have announced on their site that they're creating a NEW figure to represent the BoW MJ from the TII posters.

http://www.madametussauds.com/London/NewsAndEvents/michaeljacksonthisisit/Default.aspx

Affirming Michael Jackson’s mega superstar status, we are celebrating the King of Pop’s 'This is It' comeback with a brand new figure of the music legend. It will be the tenth time we have portrayed Jackson, making him the most featured star ever, with only The Queen having been portrayed more often.
'It is extremely unusual for a personality to have been portrayed so many times', comments Liz Edwards, PR Manager at Madame Tussauds London. 'But Michael Jackson is totally unique and his iconic status makes him one of the most popular stars here. He has 'appeared' at Madame Tussauds as Thriller Jackson, Dangerous Jackson and with the huge excitement and buzz around his upcoming return to the stage we wanted to take the opportunity to celebrate his amazing 40 year career and present the 'This is It' Jackson for the 21st century.'
The new figure recreates the classic Jackson pose of the new tour poster – arms outstretched, pelvis thrusting and tip toed with his trade-mark trilby angled forward – and will be revealed before the eagerly anticipated tour kicks off in July.
Jackson’s current figure was created from a sitting the singer gave to sculptors 15 years ago.

I hope it looks better than the last one and can't wait to see it! :yes:

Thanks for posting this. I had a funny feeling that there would be new waxwork to celebrate the This Is It concerts. Hope its much better than the BAD era one that they had.

That sounds good

But what pose are they talking about, tip toed from the TII poster?

which poster is that???

Ooh, cool. Thanks for posting this.

Oh that's cool. Hopefully it's good! Can't wait to see it.

This is Great Hype for the concerts!!!!!!! And usually Madamme's revealing of a "figure" is given lots of media and press.

Michael-Jackson-clay-head-0.gif

WOOOO!

I don't think that michael had originally tip toed in that B or W dance pose in the video but it will be interesting to see the waxwork with a twist like that, sounds really interesting

That pic reminds me so much of that part in Moonwalker where he is turning into a robot and his face goes all metallic.
yeah!

it looks really nice. :wild:

:bugeyed is that supposed to be michael?
yes, but he looks kind of evil in that pic...
I think the final wax figure will look incredible...

:bugeyed is that supposed to be michael?

Yeah, I think it is supposed to be BAD era Michael which is strange since they are supposed to be basing this waxwork on the Black Or White picture used for This Is It and the King Of Pop CD. Anyway it already looks a lot more like him than the one they have had for the past couple of decades.

He does look kinda angry actually. Or like he's looking at something displeasing. Haha.

He does look kinda angry actually. Or like he's looking at something displeasing. Haha.
LOL Maybe the sculptor cut him on the cheek! lol

Actually, since MJ posed for the replica the clay all over his face must have been quite displeasing indeed... lol

yay! a new one to replace that really bad Bad figure. Surely this statue is going to have the longest wait over the summer and next year. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

i don't know...that childlike aura is missing from the eyes..it looks more Abraham Lincolnish...

Here are some others by at Madamme Tussauds around the world.

mt_vegas.jpg

Las Vegas

mt_shanghai.jpg

Shanghai

mt_los_angeles.jpg

Los Angeles (at Juliens Auctions display)

mt_london.jpg

London

mt_hongkong.jpg

Hong Kong

mt_germany.jpg

Germany

mt_amsterdam.jpg

Amsterdam

Ouch, they really don't look like Michael.. The one in Germany is quite alright, far better than the others.

Here are some others by at Madamme Tussauds around the world.

mt_vegas.jpg

Las Vegas​

Shanghai​

mt_london.jpg

London​

mt_hongkong.jpg

Hong Kong​

mt_germany.jpg

Germany​

mt_amsterdam.jpg

Amsterdam​

Whoa I haven't seen these...The last two come pretty close though. The one up above these Hmmm...nope. That one in Vegas ...I have to go back there and check that one out. The ones at the Auction in no way look like him.

Let's hope this "This is It!" one will turn out better...maybe they should ask us fans for advise as to whether they are are not..maybe they'd get it right?

Back