New Jackson songs on hard drives are missing

qbee

Proud Member
Rolling Stone reports sister LaToya took drives with unreleased music

ET, Thurs., Aug 6, 2009
LOS ANGELES - Another thriller is developing in the complex afterlife of Michael Jackson.

His sister LaToya has taken possession of computer hard drives that contain a trove
of unreleased songs he recorded with A-list singers such as Ne-Yo, Akon, and will.i.am of
the Black Eyed Peas, according to Rolling Stone magazine.

The drives were in the "Thriller" singer's rented Holmby Hills, Calif., mansion when he died
suddenly in June. Hours afterward, the family descended on the house to claim all its contents,
and LaToya grabbed the drives, Rolling Stone said, quoting the late singer's manager, Frank DiLeo.

"They backed up trucks, removing everything," DiLeo was quoted as telling the magazine in its issue
that hits newsstands on Friday. "They thought Michael owned it all, so they took even the rented
furniture. That's who's going to run his estate?"

In a follow-up interview with Reuters, DiLeo said he was "pretty sure" the hard drives were at the family's
Hayvenhurst compound in Encino, Calif.

"The estate lawyers will send out letters" to recover the drives so that the contents can be logged" DiLeo added.

An email sent to a representative for LaToya Jackson was not answered, and a family spokesman was not
immediately available.

A spokeswoman for will.i.am said the singer did not have duplicates of his work with Jackson. Representatives
for Akon and Ne-Yo either could not be reached or had no information.

DiLeo told Rolling Stone that there were at least 100 songs --
including many recorded at Jackson's 1980s peak -- that were never released, including a few "sensational"
tracks that were left off "Bad," the 1987 follow-up to his blockbuster "Thriller."

Source msnbc/ Reuters
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32313514/ns/entertainment-music/

moron....sure mj kept it in a hard drive and took ti wherever he went. that makes loads of sense.

first it was janet who took stuff out the house. now it's l.yvonne? gimme a break

Why do people outside of MJ's family think they are entitled to all of his stuff for?

Why do people outside of MJ's family think they are entitled to all of his stuff for?

The estate lawyers have to by law log his property because the hard drives are part of the estate.

yea sure im sure...well then it ain't frank's business.

he WAS mj's manager. mj is gone, so he ain't his manager no'mo

Well at least the stuff MJ didn't want us to hear is with his Family now and not some stuck up collector who wont let the fans hear it, if its with his Family theres more of a chance of us at least hearing 2 or 3 or even a CD with them released

doesnt the family have to approve everything anyways ?

Maybe they were listening to them and deciding which to release ?

that's crap. mj was saving it for his kids. not for slime like dileo.

so keep it 'hidden' till all thekids are 18 then they'll 'find' it

I agree soso, I'd be like "I don't know what you're talking about" and Prince will find those drives under his bed when he's 21 like "where'd this come from" lol. If the songs were unreleased they are MICHAEL'S property and just like any other material thing, they should go to his kids, I guess they're logging all of Mike's shirts and pants in the "estate" too, give me a break. They just want something more that they can use his name on.

I don't like Frank. Maybe Janet got her brother harddrive she probably will be the one release the songs.

Serenity 3104 I loooove you avatar.
And about the hard drives...well the only thing I can say is that I don't get what they are gong to do with them o_O maybe they are going to release a new album...who knows?

If I remember correctly didn't janet and latoya go the next day to pick up MJs stuff?

And if there are any missing stuff, then look at the person who is pointing the finger first.

But I with the majority- it should go to the kids. NO AEG, NOT SONY, NOT ANYBODY.

Oh, not Klein either. The way he is interjecting himself in the court the other day makes me weary of him. I am like what's next... Klein's gonna want to be the third executor of the will???

Last edited:
I would rather Michael's appointed professional, Branca, McClain, and Dileo, manage Michael's estate then the cash-strapped Jacksons, Katherine and Janet excepted of course.

I thought his music was in a vault....wouldn't Michael keep his music all in one place?

Oh well. It's possible another section could be in the harddrive. I hope it's safe.

Looks like Frank is trying to be far more than Michael's former manager.

I really don't know what to think of this, I'm not really comfortable with either LaToya or Janet or the lawyers or managers having those recordings, the truth is they belong to Prince, Paris & Blanket, and Katherine as their custodian should hold onto them.

I really don't know what to think of this, I'm not really comfortable with either LaToya or Janet or the lawyers or managers having those recordings, the truth is they belong to Prince, Paris & Blanket, and Katherine as their custodian should hold onto them.

i agree. although Janet seems trustworthy since she's an artist herself and she understands how important Michael's music is to him, or at least has a sense.

anyways, if the music is really their at encino, i wonder if anyone from the family have tried an ear at the unreleased music, just thinking to keep it in the family and no one else. not any thoughts of releasing it...just wanna hear it since it's right their in front of them. someone's going to hear it eventually, why not a family member hear it first instead of some businessman. lol

as a fan, I would never do that. but if he were my brother or uncle or whatever, I'd think to myself, why can't i listen to my very own 'whatevers' music before those other people?

Last edited:
i really wanna know if they ever release new mj songs

i am again worried... again such storys...

i think we never get any :(
i dont know why

I think we'll get some new MJ music. It'll just take some time. Right now, they're just trying to put the estate in safe hands. That's first and then talks.

I believe he copied his music and backed it up onto hard drives for protection. Alot of people do that now a days.

Also why do they need the hard drives to create a log of items posessed by the estate? Have they even "LOGGED" his dirty underwear too?

hahahaha yeah im sure mj put the new album andbad outtakes on a harddrive ..... next b.s story please

Why would he not, I work with musicians on a daily basis and they all do that.

In fact Will.i.am said that he couldnt play 'I will miss you' the song mj recorded for James Brown because Michael took the vocal recording on his hard drive, leaving Will with the instrumental track.

i really wanna know if they ever release new mj songs
Trust me - ALL those songs, the good ones as well as the mediocre ones, will be released eventually, no matter who has them in their possession now. Same thing happened with Elvis Presley, John Lennon, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and many others. Many of them will appear on new albums, others will be included as bonus tracks on new issues of his classic albums. But I think that the first thing we can expect is the soundtrack of the movie they are making out of the This Is It rehearsals - provided there is enough good live (as opposed to playback) material there to fill an album.

Back