New Interview With RedOne

Butterflies... remember that song... awesome :wink: I trust who Mike is working with, rather that than not having an album at all.

Last edited:
Your opinion that there is no melody...Vince has fantastick melody, IMO, there are more layers on the Vince songs making it seem on the surface a lack in melody. But melody is there, even in MJs voice. Its so relaxing, listening to the whole album...turn it on low volume and just chillin'..or if I can't sleep I turn it on and I'm knocked out by the end of Break of Dawn!! lol

Last edited:
*joins the pack*

on invincible.

5zma86.jpg

that's a death sentence on here, son.

but seriously, Invincible has its flaws but melody is definitely not one.

I am not even gonna lie, I didn't even hear any melodies on Invincible and the few songs that was the CD to me was "Butterflies", "Whatever Happens" and "2000 Watts".

However, this thread is not about Invincible.

OMG - anyone else?

And did anyone even bother to mention 2000 Watts, Heartbreaker,Threatened, Invincible,Privacy? What's with that,huh? melody? don't think so.

Anyway don't wanna bash.

AND

I officially swear,may Lucifer feast on my flesh if I ever mention Invincible anywhere on the forum!

Or those angry hyenas...

And did anyone even bother to mention 2000 Watts, Heartbreaker,Threatened, Invincible,Privacy? What's with that,huh? melody? don't think so.
d88, no one said Invincible was composed entirely of boisterous melodic motions but it has its good share (on par with 90s MJ) and i think you just acknowledged this by not mentioning the other 11 tracks of the 17.
icon14.gif

Michael's music is a mix between melodic brilliance and rhythmic brilliance. Songs in which you don't hear melody in the composition, you hear it in the vocal. Vocal melody? Anyone?

OK, then to specify myself closer - I think that Invincible is the album in which melody plays the least role compared to the other albums.

Can we please move on now , it wasn't my attention to bash the thread...

You know, I was there saying to myself - "this seems like a harmless thread, a brief interview with RedOne. Why would this thread go one for 5 pages."

Then it clicked - it will either be a bashing of Michael's delayed release of new music OR a bashing of the "shortcomings" of Invincible OR both!

So I skip to the last page of this thread, and what do I find?

I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked!!

You know, I was there saying to myself - "this seems like a harmless thread, a brief interview with RedOne. Why would this thread go one for 5 pages."

Then it clicked - it will either be a bashing of Michael's delayed release of new music OR a bashing of the "shortcomings" of Invincible OR both!

Shoot, what did u expect? :rollin:

that's because here you are not entitled to have your opinion on some things, or you'll be called a hater...now moving on... :angel:

that's because here you are not entitled to have your opinion on some things, or you'll be called a hater...now moving on... :angel:

I haven't seen anyone call anybody a hater .... For me I found your reply personally offensive because i felt you were critisizing Michaels hard work.

And yeah this thread got caught in the Vince "bashing" bug..lol

I haven't seen anyone call anybody a hater .... For me I found your reply personally offensive because i felt you were critisizing Michaels hard work.

You just contradicted yourself.

My God people, don't take everything so personal... I am criticizing Michael's hard work...OK,sorry Invincible is the best album in the world!!!:wild::wild::wild:

oh and btw, I've been called a hater thousands of times.

Last edited:
People.....!! Calm down OK? :agree:

I know I'm a bit late but thanks Micky for the news :) I can't waaaiiit.

You just contradicted yourself.

My God people, don't take everything so personal... I am criticizing Michael's hard work...OK,sorry Invincible is the best album in the world!!!:wild::wild::wild:

oh and btw, I've been called a hater thousands of times.

Look, No one on this thread called you a hater, you don't have to like Vince it doesn't have to be "the best album in the world!!!". see,
when you posted your reply to wannabes post IMO it was insulting and kinda mean to insinuate an entire album had no melody. I love Vince so thats probably why I am a little annoyed with your reference about the album.So lets move on then, you don't particularly like the album, I love the album, and you've been acosted enough by the hyena pack.:better:

Thanks for understanding!

I didn't want to fight at all :)

But

It makes me really sad and sometimes annoyed that I am so misunderstood very often in here...

I like Invincible. It took a lot of time for me to like it, but I just think that domineering are the heavy beats for me. That's why I said that melody is here and there...

And I am sure you would also be annoyed if somebody came and told you - you don't like invincible, you don't want the new album, you don't understand Michael's music and himself...

I hate when somebody doesn't take people's different opinion. How the hell did that somebody even survive as an MJ fan? If you don't allow other people to have different opinions,how do you expect other people to expect yours?

Thanks again for understanding, and helping me with the hyena wounds lol...

Here's to Invincible and Michael's future work :)

:cheers:

Look, some people, like moi, didn't really like Invincible. That doesn't mean that the CD is trash. It is not. It is just that, to me, the CD lacked something. That is all. I think MJ makes awesome CDs, but Invincible, to me, was his weakest. That is how me and maybe many other fans feel about the CD. That is all. If some of you people love/like Invincble, GREAT, but I and possibily many fans did not. Let's just leave it as it is. Michael is still great and I cannot wait for the next CD to come out.

Look, some people, like moi, didn't really like Invincible. That doesn't mean that the CD is trash. It is not. It is just that, to me, the CD lacked something. That is all. I think MJ makes awesome CDs, but Invincible, to me, was his weakest. That is how me and maybe many other fans feel about the CD. That is all. If some of you people love/like Invincble, GREAT, but I and possibily many fans did not. Let's just leave it as it is. Michael is still great and I cannot wait for the next CD to come out.

word by word - exactly what was my initial point! thanks! :)

Back