Nearly 270 Michael Jackson Tracks Packed Into New Anthologies The Indispensable Collection

I think this is a nice release.

A good way to get all MJ's songs.

I really just don't see the point in CONSTANTLY releasing the same stuff OVER & OVER again, for all fans who already have the stuff, but I suppose for the newer fans who may not know about it, that's understandable for sure

Just another day at The MJ Estate office:

monkeys-office-source.jpg

"This is simply a playlist with a price tag.”

Nailed it. I have almost every single file in this collection + three times the amount. And my playlist already inlcudes most of this + unreleased material which is what I am interested in.

And releasing the 3 fake songs again, just shaking my head.

I'm a fan and I would have included them.

With all due respect, why would you want to include songs that are AT BEST poor quality, AT WORST dubious in origin, EITHER WAY will prevent many fans from buying this product?

For a long time, I've been trying to get the extended versions of Bad, The Way You Make Me Feel, Billie Jean and instrumentals of Another Part of Me, Smooth Criminal. No, I didn't get the visionary singles. Well, this Fan extras has them all. I counted and found the number of tracks I wanted to be about 25. So I thought I'll put in the extra bucks and get the whole damn thing. I'm pretty satisfied with this. It is not that expensive and it gives the asian fans an opportunity to access some of those old remixes which were never avilable to them. I wish they put in the Remixes of Butterflies and You Rock My World in there though. That is my only complaint. And yes, the cascio songs do feel out of place.

Pentum;3861074 said:
Just another day at The MJ Estate office:

monkeys-office-source.jpg

"This is simply a playlist with a price tag.”

Nailed it. I have almost every single file in this collection + three times the amount. And my playlist already inlcudes most of this + unreleased material which is what I am interested in.

And releasing the 3 fake songs again, just shaking my head.

And I concur

reagan-and-some-white-guy.jpg

I think we should just be happy with it or at least not really upset about it. Sure lots of us may have most of these but there are others who don't. For example the instrumentals are kind of hard to come across and this is the first time they've been on iTunes to my knowledge. I had someone thank me for even mentioning that they were on iTunes. It's good for casual fans. Then some are huge fans but had songs unavailable to them for whatever reason.

This is also a good opportunity for non fans. Or people who don't really know his music.

Of course the estate could have thrown in something new for us but it's understandable if they don't. They probably will try and hold back on new material as long as they can. Some of it seems out of place sure but this isn't really for long time fans who might have everything anyway. The good thing is you can get songs individually if you want any of them. I understand the criticism the estate isn't perfect I'm sure we'd all agree but maybe we should try and think positive?

Most of the tracks are from the single releases. Most people don't have the singles as they are not available anymore. It saves people time & money having to hunt down every single ever released in order to have all of the songs.

Why would you even bother to pay for singles that are basically the same as the released songs just shorter? And they are (not before this release) not even in production anymore, so might as well just download them off the web if you so want to collect singles.

Theres about ten things I want, id like the instrumentals, long versions etc. I like it

stop being so quick to judge. lol

I have come to conclusion that everytime there is a new release of something from MJ's estate, I'd better not to go to that thread at all. Whatever it might be, it will be ripped apart by the same people who constantly attack against any release, no matter what it is, unreleased song, released song, documentary, show .........
So to me it is either staying away from those threads or start adding names to my ignore list

I have a request to these people complaining. When there is a new release, first try to find 1 good thing about it, then critize all you like. Now it is like stedy stream of complaints of anything and everything.

Putting every MJ album into one release is a decent idea, but I think it's too expensive for most people to even consider buying it. To us fans it just seems kind of pointless. Why buy compressed versions of songs we already own?

The Ultimate Fan Extras is just embarrassing. It's probably supposed to cater to the most dedicated MJ fans, but most of the tracks are re-re-releases of songs we already own. I ended up purchasing the instrumentals and a couple of the extended dance mixes, as they were the only things I found interesting that I haven't already bought. The intro of the Man In The Mirror Instrumental is broken though, I mailed iTunes and they're going to pay me back. I still really appreciate the instrumentals though.

In Norway we have a saying and it goes something like "Participating is the most important thing, not winning". So I'll give The Estate a D+ on this for effort and participation.

Missed a trick here. Put one or two new songs on there as "album only" then we'll have to pay full wack but at least we'd have got something worth buying. Nice enough for newcomers but I've already got all of it anyways

I hope this doesn't count towards the future album plans that Sony has, I'd rather see them used on albums of new material. But, for new fans, this is the perfect collection. Could have been a good chance to reveal some new material though, but they could be saving that for retail releases.

Thread cleaned. While you are allowed to voice your own opinion on this itunes release and disagree with other views by stating your reasons why. What you are not allowed to do on MJJC is personaly or collectivley insult or attack our member(s) by calling them non fans, Sony plants, fools etc. for not agreeing with your view. It is against MJJC policy posted in our rules. Any comments of that nature will be removed. If you can't post your view without the name calling or insults toward our members, please don't post it.

With all due respect, why would you want to include songs that are AT BEST poor quality, AT WORST dubious in origin, EITHER WAY will prevent many fans from buying this product?
And why do you think they are poor quality? Because the songs are no good or you don't believe it's MJ on the songs? If a fan wouldn't buy this because of those songs, it's that kind of attitude that is killing MJ releases. If you don't like the songs, then just don't listen to them.

The estate can't always cater to the hardcore fan because that doesn't truly represent the global purchasing pattern that would be buying. As mentioned a dozen times in this thread the estate are well within their right to produce releases like this. I am happy as a hardore fan to wait patiently for a release like Thriller25, Bad25 and other anniversary special editions of Michael's studio albums. I am more than happy just to nitpick songs that I am interested in...without barating the estate for producing these albums.

The reason why John Branca came back into Michael Jackson's business dealings, before he died, Michael Jackson wanted fresh ideas to market products for him, his name brand.

With what is going on in Las Vegas, right now, the Cirque Show, "Michael Jackson ONE," it seems fitting to package these records together to sell to the general public. People who go to Las Vegas, may choose to go see "Michael Jackson ONE" and then may choose to buy "The Indispensable Collection.' It is just coinciding and the Estate sees a way to market Michael Jackson's ANTHOLOGIES.

(a collection of selected literary pieces or passages or works of art or music)

in-memory-of-michael-jackson-270-itunes-tracks-are-available-for-the-indispensable-collection-and-the-ultimate-fan-extras-collection.jpg

I disagree that this itunes release is just for new fans or the general public. Even if you feel it is , that would be a fantastic way to introduce them to Michael's complete adult library, So it is a good thing for Michael's legacy and nothing to complain about. I have been a dedicated loyal fan for more than 40 years and I do not have all the songs in that itunes collection in my digital library or even my physical collection for that matter. That being said I will certainly challenge anyone to state that I am not a die hard hard core dedicated MJ fan.

I would also prefer to conveniently buy the songs off itunes to help support Michaels Estate and legacy going forward then to search all over tim-buck-two to track them down. I feel they still have value. Also I think its is ludicrous to think Michael's songs for years to come will not be offered to the fans and general public in various creative packages, just as they were when MJ was here and will be offered for generations to come. Some act like they want all releases of his musical history to stop just because they already have the songs. Many are just being introduced and many fans still don't have all the songs. What would become of Michael's legacy in the musical industry if they just Stop all together promoting and releasing his classics and songs to the public. There are many who would be proud to own this digital collection. It not all about what you have or don't have. It about continuing his legacy.

I just bought "Cheater" for .99 and the HIStory version of "This Time Around" for 1.99--I only had the BOTDF version.

I´m interested to hear the instrumental versions of the songs.
I have an ulterior motive there, if they see many people are interested in instrumental versions maybe they release the classical music.

I don't entirely understand why some people have issues with this release. What difference does it honestly make to them? I consider myself a dedicated Michael Jackson fan - more than anyone else I know, in fact - and yet because I refuse to own illegally-obtained media this is the first opportunity I've had to listen to many of these tracks, which makes this a great release for me.

You know I dread each and every time new release comes due to the impact it has on our community, and this thread is and some of its content testament to why I feel like this,

Seriously have we not learnt after the fours years, have we not realised its not all about what each and every one of us (so called hardcore) fans want,

Have we not learnt its not just about us - its about Michael sustaining his legacy for many generations to come, those who have never lived our days through the era's the albums the tours.

Come on peeps, how about a little compassion for others - if you don't like don't buy, simple

But for me the more times I see Michael's work on the shelves of the stores in the high street the more I see downloads on iTunes the more fans Michael will gain the more his legacy will continue beyond us - surely that's a good thing.

Are these two releases part of Sony/Estate 10 projects deal? I hope not.

I hope it is NOT a part of the 10 projects!

Afterall it is only a release of previously released material.

Back