Nearly 270 Michael Jackson Tracks Packed Into New Anthologies The Indispensable Collection

Bubs

Proud Member
Nearly 270 Michael Jackson Tracks Packed Into New Anthologies
The Indispensable Collection and The Ultimate Fan Extras Collection,
Available Now Exclusively On iTunes

Most Comprehensive Collections Ever Include Iconic Tracks, Electrifying Live Performances, Early Demos, Creative Collaborations and Innovative Remixes

By Legacy Recordings
Published: Tuesday, Jul. 2, 2013 - 4:08 am

NEW YORK, July 2, 2013 -- /PRNewswire/ -- Nearly 270 Michael Jackson tracks will be packed into the exclusive iTunes digital anthologies (iTunes.com/MichaelJackson) The Indispensable Collection and The Ultimate Fan Extras Collection to be released today by Epic/Legacy Recordings in collaboration with The Estate of Michael Jackson.

20130702112316ENPRNPRN-LEGACY-RECORDINGS-MICHAEL-JACKSON-ITUNES-90-2-1372764196MR.jpg

(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130702/NY41405 )

The Collections are the most comprehensive packages ever released showcasing The King of Pop's body of work. The Indispensable Collection includes such classic Michael Jackson albums as Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous and Invincible as well as breathtaking concert tracks from Live at Wembley, the historic 1988 London performance from Michael's record-smashing Bad tour. The Ultimate Fan Extras Collection includes captivating early demos, creative collaborations and innovative remixes that underscore Michael's artistic genius.

The Indispensable Collection has been mastered specifically for iTunes (iTunes.com/MichaelJackson), ensuring the delivery of the music to listeners with increased audio fidelity, more closely replicating what the artists, recording engineers, and producers intended. Individual Michael Jackson albums have also been mastered specifically for iTunes and will also be available today.

These releases coincide with the June 29 premiere of Michael Jackson ONE, a new immersive music experience which is the second collaboration between The Estate of Michael Jackson and Cirque du Soleil and which will be in permanent residence at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. The partnership's previous collaboration, the touring show Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour, was one of the top-grossing tours in the world in 2012 and is now playing to sold-out arenas in Asia.

The Indispensable Collection (Mastered For iTunes) includes:

Off The Wall

Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
Rock with You
Workin' Day and Night
Get on the Floor
Off the Wall
Girlfriend
She's out of My Life
I Can't Help It
It's the Falling in Love
Burn This Disco Out

Thriller

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
Baby Be Mine
The Girl Is Mine (featuring Paul McCartney)
Thriller
Beat It
Billie Jean
Human Nature
P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)
The Lady in My Life

Bad
The Way You Make Me Feel
Speed Demon
Liberian Girl
Just Good Friends
Another Part of Me
Man in the Mirror
I Just Can't Stop Loving You (featuring Siedah Garrett)
Dirty Diana
Smooth Criminal
Leave Me Alone

Dangerous

Jam
Why You Wanna Trip on Me
In the Closet
She Drives Me Wild
Remember the Time
Can't Let Her Get Away
Heal the World
Black or White
Who Is It
Give in to Me
Will You Be There (featuring The Cleveland Orchestra)
Keep the Faith
Gone Too Soon
Dangerous
HIStory - Past, Present and Future Book 1

Scream
They Don't Care About Us
Stranger in Moscow
This Time Around
Earth Song
D.S.
Money
Come Together
You Are Not Alone
Childhood (Theme from "Free Willy 2")
Tabloid Junkie
2 Bad
History
Little Susie / Pie Jesu
Smile

Blood On The Dance Floor/HIStory In The Mix

Blood on the Dance Floor
Morphine
Superfly Sister
Ghost
Is It Scary
Scream Louder (Flyte Tyme Remix)
Money (Fire Island Radio Edit)
2 Bad (Refugee Camp Mix)
Stranger in Moscow (Tee's In-House Club Mix)
This Time Around (D.M. Radio Mix)
Earth Song (Hani's Extended Radio Experience)
You Are Not Alone (Classic Club Mix)
History (Tony Moran's HIStory Lesson)

Invincible

Unbreakable
Heartbreaker
Invincible
Break of Dawn
Heaven Can Wait
You Rock My World (with intro)
Butterflies
Speechless
2000 Watts
You Are My Life
Privacy
Don't Walk Away
Cry
The Lost Children
Whatever Happens
Threatened

Live At Wembley - July 16, 1988

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
This Place Hotel
Another Part of Me
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
She's Out of My Life
I Want You Back / The Love You Save / I'll Be There
Rock with You
Human Nature
Smooth Criminal
Dirty Diana
Thriller
Working Day and Night
Beat It
Billie Jean
Bad
Man in the Mirror * * * * *

The Ultimate Fan Extras Collection includes: Off The Wall Extras

Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough (Original Demo From 1978)
Workin' Day And Night (Original Demo From 1978)
Rock with You (Single Version)
Off the Wall (Single Version)
She's Out of My Life (Single Version)

Thriller Extras

Billie Jean (Home Demo From 1981)
Billie Jean (Single Version)
Billie Jean (Long Version)
Billie Jean (Underground Mix)
Beat It (Single Version)
Beat It 2008 (Thriller 25th Anniversary Remix Featuring Fergie)
The Girl Is Mine 2008 with will.i.am (Thriller 25th Anniversary Remix)
P.Y.T.2008 (Thriller 25th Anniversary Remix Featuring willi.i.am)
Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008 with Akon (Thriller 25th Anniversary Remix)
For All Time (Previously unreleased track from the "Thriller" sessions)
Got the Hots (Thriller 25th Anniversary)(and KOP Internationally)
Someone in the Dark
Carousel
Thriller (Instrumental)

Bad Extras

Don't Be Messin' 'Round
I'm So Blue
Song Groove (A/K/A Abortion Papers)
Free
Price of Fame
Al Capone
Streetwalker
Fly Away
I Just Can't Stop Loving You (with Spoken Intro)
Todo Mi Amor Eres Tu (I Just Can't Stop Loving You)(Spanish Version)
Je Ne Veux Pas La Fin De Nous(I Just Can't Stop Loving You) (French Version)
Bad (Remix by Afrojack Featuring Pitbull- DJ Buddha Edit)
Speed Demon (Remix by Nero)
Bad (Remix by Afrojack Featuring Pitbull- DJ Buddha)

The Ultimate Collection Extras

Ease on Down the Road
You Can't Win
Shake a Body (Early Demo)
Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)(Single Edit) (The Jacksons)
P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) (Demo Version)
Sunset Driver (Demo)
Scared of the Moon(Demo)
State of Shock
We Are the World (Demo)
We Are Here to Change the World
Cheater (Demo)
Monkey Business
Dangerous (Early Version)
Who Is It (IHS Mix)
Someone Put Your Hand Out
On the Line
Fall Again (Demo)
In the Back
Beautiful Girl (Demo)
The Way You Love Me
We've Had Enough
You Rock My World (with intro)
Enjoy Yourself (The Jacksons)
Lovely One (The Jacksons)
This Place Hotel (a/k/a Heartbreak Hotel) (The Jacksons)

This Is It Extras

This Is It
This Is It (Orchestra Version)
She's Out of My Life (Demo)
Beat It (Demo)
Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (Demo)
Smooth Criminal (Radio Edit)
Planet Earth (Poem)

Michael

Hold My Hand
Hollywood Tonight
Keep Your Head Up
(I Like) The Way You Love Me
Monster
Best of Joy
Breaking News
(I Can't Make It) Another Day
Behind the Mask
Much Too Soon

Immortal

Workin' Day and Night (Immortal Version)
The Immortal Intro (Immortal Version)
Childhood (Immortal Version)
Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (Immortal Version)
Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground) (Immortal Version)
Dancing Machine / Blame It on the Boogie (Immortal Version)
Ben (Immortal Version)
This Place Hotel (Immortal Version)
Smooth Criminal (Immortal Version)
Dangerous (Immortal Version)
The Mime Segment (I Like) the Way You Love Me / Speed Demon / Another Part of Me (Immortal Version)
The Jackson 5 Medley (Immortal Version)
Speechless/Human Nature (Immortal Version)
Is It Scary/Threatened (Immortal Version)
Thriller (Immortal Version)
You Are Not Alone/I Just Can't Stop Loving You (Immortal Version)
Beat It / State of Shock (Immortal Version)
Jam (Immortal Version)
Planet Earth/Earth Song (Immortal Version)
Scream/Little Susie (Immortal Version)
Gone Too Soon (Immortal Version)
They Don't Care About Us (Immortal Version)
Will You Be There (Immortal Version)
I'll Be There (Immortal Version)
Immortal Megamix
Man in the Mirror (Immortal Version)
Remember the Time / Bad (Immortal Version)

Remixes, Rarities & Gems

Can You Feel It (The Jacksons)
Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough (Live from the 1981 U.S. Tour) (The Jacksons)
Don't Stop 'Till You Get Enough (Roger's Underground Solution Mix)
Rock with You (Frankie Knuckles Radio Mix)
Rock with You (Frankie's Favorite Club Mix)
Rock with You (Masters at Work Remix)
Rock with You (Live)(The Jacksons)
Off the Wall (Live) (The Jacksons)
She's Out of My Life (Live) (The Jacksons)
Working Day and Night (Live) (The Jacksons)
Can't Get Outta the Rain
Say Say Say (featuring Paul McCartney)
Beat It (Moby's Sub Mix)
Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (Brothers In Rhythm House Mix)
Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (Instrumental)
Thriller Megamix
Bad (Dance Extended Mix includes 'False Fade')
The Way You Make Me Feel (Dance Extended Mix)
The Way You Make Me Feel (Instrumental)
Man in the Mirror (Instrumental)
Dirty Diana (Instrumental)
Another Part of Me (Extended Dance Mix)
Another Part of Me (Instrumental)
Smooth Criminal (Dance Radio Edit)
Smooth Criminal (Extended Dance Mix)
Smooth Criminal (Instrumental)
Liberian Girl (UK Edit)
Black or White (The Clivilles & Cole Radio Mix)
Black or White (The Clivilles & Cole House/Club Mix)
Black or White (House With Guitar Radio Mix)
Black or White (The Underground Club Mix)
Black or White (Instrumental)
Remember the Time (New Jack Radio Mix)
Remember the Time (Silky Soul 7")
Remember the Time (12" Main Mix)
Remember the Time (Maurice's Underground)
Remember the Time (E-Smoove's Late Nite Mix)
In the Closet (Radio Edit)
In the Closet (The Underground Mix)
Jam (Silky 12" Mix)
Dangerous (Roger's Dangerous Edit)
Who Is It (Brothers in Rhythm House Mix)
Will You Be There (Instrumental)
Gone Too Soon (Instrumental)
Scream Louder (Flyte Tyme Remix)
Scream (Classic Club Mix)
Earth Song (Radio Edit)
Earth Song (Hani's Extended Radio Experience)
They Don't Care About Us (Love To Infinity's Walk In The Park Mix)
Stranger in Moscow (Tee's Radio Mix)
Smile (Short Version)
Is It Scary (Radio Edit)
Is It Scary (Deep Dish Dark And Scary Radio Edit)
Shout
One More Chance
One More Chance (Metro Remix)
One More Chance (Paul Oakenfold Mix)
One More Chance (Paul Oakenfold Urban Mix)
One More Chance (Ron G Club Remix)
Michael Jackson DMC Megamix

SOURCE Legacy Recordings

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/07/02/5539293/nearly-270-michael-jackson-tracks.html#storylink=cpy

HOLY SH...Oop! Well you know what my reaction is.

HOLY SH...Oop! Well you know what my reaction is.

Big deal. We have them all. What so they want us to buy them again. The price is steep. Good luck with that. If I didn't own them it would be different but everyone does.

If I ever buy one of these collections I want to be of every song ever recorded and that's not going to happen for a very long time. There going to keep releasing these collections every few years as more songs surface.

re releasing previous projects. boring.

Couldn't they really add (even if it's 3 songs) some new stuff? I mean there's hardly a point for fans to buy it since they already have it all. "The Ultimate Fan Extras Collection", the title is not even right, because it is clearly not for fans but for general commercial audience (which obviously is a good thing for them - gives them the opportunity to discover more Michael Jackson's music).

P.s. the cover art isn't too amazing either.

I never got the spoken intro of "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" when I got the Bad 25 album. That's ones I really wanted to get.

This is a cool project that would be even cooler if a) there was a physical version made available and b) it included at least a few new songs.

This is also probably one of the cooler greatest hits packages I've ever seen. It gives us EVERY song released during Michael's solo career and every song released during the posthumous career. I think people are only angry because it's an estate release. Just look at The Beatles' 1. That has 27 previously released songs and that sold 31 million copies.

(By the way, this doesn't count as one of the estate's projects with Sony, so no one fret.)

Clearly they have learnt nothing by including the Cascio tracks from Michael.

Why oh why don't they let the fans help them put these things together?

I would have bought the second one, I think it's a really good idea of a package. But I don't want to touch anything with the Cascio songs on it ever again. They left a bad taste in my mouth.

Clearly they have learnt nothing by including the Cascio tracks from Michael.

Why oh why don't they let the fans help them put these things together?
I'm a fan and I would have included them.

Big deal. We have them all. What so they want us to buy them again. The price is steep. Good luck with that. If I didn't own them it would be different but everyone does.

It's just for people who probably DON'T have his music to buy it all in one package.
They're not expecting you to buy it again.

And why would they put new stuff in this?
It's just essentially a playlist of all his studio albums as an adult along with rarities released over the years and J5/J's material.

Does anybody think this is what Michael Prince and Brad Buxer were working on? The press release says these tracks are mastered for itunes, which means somebody must have worked on them...

I don't own all of the work that been put out (Hell I don't have the Bad 25 package) *money issues* But when that clears up I will be buying this. Plus what's up with some of yall complaining and whining about EVERYTHING??? What is going on right now everybody so MOODY...

I think people are only angry because it's an estate release.

Not I. I am a Michael Jackson fan and this is a Michael Jackson product that gives me no incentive to purchase. My only option here is to purchase any remix I do not currently own as individual songs from fans extra collection.

(By the way, this doesn't count as one of the estate's projects with Sony, so no one fret.)

I am unsure if this is a positive or a negative at this current time.

Last edited:
I hope Y'ALL know (the fans) that you don't have to buy the WHOLE series... You can just buy the song(s) that you like to get and/or add to your collection. There now was that hard?? smh

This was a completely useless thing of the Estate to do.
It would've been nice had they included some new songs on at least the Fan Extras thing,but EVERYTHING on both parts is already available.I get that yea,this would be nice for a non-fan wanting to become a fan,but for actual fans,it's useless.

They are not going to put new songs on this digital ( itunes )anthology. ITs not a new album

It is a digital itunes playlist of all MJ solo albums and releases since OTW. Do you want a new album ??? or do you just want new songs thrown in on a digital release like this randomly. (hell naw) If you don't understand what this package is or the significance .. Just don't buy it. New songs should not be released on a digital itunes anthology playlist like this. New songs respectfully deserve an official new album. I would be highly disappointed if they released new songs in this manner.

This is not a new album. Its not even an official album release. Its a itunes special digital playlist for those interested in the complete comprehensive package of MJ songs to date. And No we do not have a comprehensive release of all MJ songs like this. If you personally don't appreciate it, that doesn't mean its not worthy or that others won't. I respect this (itunes digital release) for what it is and for what is isn't.

Rudolf;3860056 said:
P.s. the cover art isn't too amazing either.

I’m just writing to say that your signature is perfect !!!

Jeez:scratch:

To say that this is completely useless release is insult to me as MJ fan, and even bigger insult to MJ.
To fans who complain, take this release as it wasn't meant for you, simple as that, but to whine and ruin this release from others is simply selfish. Yes, I know about freedom of speech, but we are on MJ board and we are supposed to support Michael and his legacy. I love any good news that brings out MJ as extremely talented singer, songwriter and producer. We have enough of crappy news about other issues, this news and articles about it was positive, and I would really like to see more of positive posts than the ones I have recently come accross.

It is a pity that when The Beatles let their music to be sold via iTunes, non-fans and fans happily bought them, and noone whined it to be useless, unfortuinaly I cannot say the same about some of MJ "fans".

@Qbee, thank you for your unwavering and never-ending support to MJ and his legacy. It is my absolute delight to read your posts here defending MJ and his legacy.

To say that this is completely useless release is insult to me as MJ fan, and even bigger insult to MJ.
To fans who complain, take this release as it wasn't meant for you, simple as that, but to whine and ruin this release from others is simply selfish. .

You're right-- it's not for us. It's for young/new fans. If you'd never heard any of this stuff before than it would be an absolutely mindblowing purchase.

I personally can't be expected to get excited about a new box set when I have heard literally every single track on it to the point of complete familiarity. No insult to the music, it's just nothing new. It was disappointing to skim the tracklists and see that literally all of it had already come out in one form or another. I was surprised as well given how much they have of him just lying around.

To fans who complain, take this release as it wasn't meant for you, simple as that, but to whine and ruin this release from others is simply selfish.

For fans it's quite a useless release, but you are right. Technically it's a good release, and actually a great release for regular people that like (or begin to like) Michael Jackson's music. They can start off from this, without having to get each album and track, they can buy this all at once, which is a good thing.

(still I wouldn't call it FAN EXTRAS because there is no extra, not for fans anyway. if they added at least 1 thing that's been unheard they could call it like this :) )

Nearly 270 Michael Jackson Tracks Packed Into New Anthologies The Indispensab...

Mastered for iTunes means that Sony handed over the 24 192 kHz masters to first class engineers who are in contract with Apple.

Then all the tracks were compressed to the iTunes portable format following a process which was handled with a lot of care. Eventually they've delivered compressed files from AUDIOPHILE stereo masters.

I don't care for this compressed release. If they would release the whole catalogue on bluray audio or super audio cd, it would be a whole another story. Even better, a 5.1 master of every MJ album.

This would give the bluray medium a huge boost!!! And I would listen to this EVERY DAY...

I hope this is planned for the very near future.

Bad 25 re-release wasn't boring.

You're twisting my words. BAD25 is a gem. packed full of beautifully organised ideas, and never before heard Song's. sure I complain about the DVD being a VHS, who doesn't? I'm sure eventually they'll look through those boxes and find a few film reel shows with high quality audio recording's. but what I'm saying is and I don't think you understand, is the fact they're releasing thing's that most fans if not all, have already bought. including the Jackson's live Song's on 'The Jackson's Live' CD, LP & Casette releases. I know this ain't place for comparison or anything but Robbie Williams in and out of consciousness included a brand new song. it was a duet. would it have been too much for them to release one of the many unreleased Song's in the archive out of everything still to be discovered? and also. they could've at least got David to mix the wembley Audio part of this collection.

Boring. Oddly the Estate are making more noise about this than they are the Bad 25 DVD...

I hope Y'ALL know (the fans) that you don't have to buy the WHOLE series... You can just buy the song(s) that you like to get and/or add to your collection. There now was that hard?? smh

They are not going to put new songs on this digital ( itunes )anthology. ITs not a new album

It is a digital itunes playlist of all MJ solo albums and releases since OTW. Do you want a new album ??? or do you just want new songs thrown in on a digital release like this randomly. (hell naw) If you don't understand what this package is or the significance .. Just don't buy it. New songs should not be released on a digital itunes anthology playlist like this. New songs respectfully deserve an official new album. I would be highly disappointed if they released new songs in this manner.

This is not a new album. Its not even an official album release. Its a itunes special digital playlist for those interested in the complete comprehensive package of MJ songs to date. And No we do not have a comprehensive release of all MJ songs like this. If you personally don't appreciate it, that doesn't mean its not worthy or that others won't. I respect this (itunes digital release) for what it is and for what is isn't.

To fans who complain, take this release as it wasn't meant for you, simple as that, but to whine and ruin this release from others is simply selfish. Yes, I know about freedom of speech, but we are on MJ board and we are supposed to support Michael and his legacy. I love any good news that brings out MJ as extremely talented singer, songwriter and producer. We have enough of crappy news about other issues, this news and articles about it was positive, and I would really like to see more of positive posts than the ones I have recently come accross.

It is a pity that when The Beatles let their music to be sold via iTunes, non-fans and fans happily bought them, and noone whined it to be useless, unfortuinaly I cannot say the same about some of MJ "fans".

@Qbee, thank you for your unwavering and never-ending support to MJ and his legacy. It is my absolute delight to read your posts here defending MJ and his legacy.

ALL OF THE ABOVE!!

Lets just admit that this isn't meant for the hardcore fans amung us but for the casual fan to get the near complete collection of albums & other releases. We're in the digital age and this release does make some sense to me. You DON'T HAVE TO BUY THE WHOLE ALBUM as with all iTunes releases you can buy 90% of the songs in singular (some being "Album Only") form.

I will personally be sifting through the playlist and choosing a few gems which I don't currently have on my phone.

P.E.A.C.E.

<header>Review: Michael Jackson &#8211; &#8220;The Indispensable&#8221; & &#8220;The Ultimate Fan Extras&#8221; Collections
http://www.damienshields.com/review...pensable-the-ultimate-fan-extras-collections/

by Damien Shields Posted on June 30, 2013

<!-- .entry-meta --></header>

As reported exclusively in my previous article, on June 28 2013 Sony Music and the Michael Jackson Estate launched their &#8220;Michael Jackson Global iTunes Campaign&#8221; by digitally releasing two new collections of remastered Jackson material.

Below I will review these collections individually. First up, &#8220;Michael Jackson &#8211; The Indispensable Collection&#8221;

The Indispensable Collection

My rating: &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9734;

Considering the ever-growing number of Michael Jackson compilations available, many fans have been quick to dismiss this particular collection as yet another opportunistic attempt to rob the world&#8217;s loyal and dedicated MJ fans of their hard-earned cash.

Usually I would agree &#8211; but in this case, I do not. At least not entirely.

&#8220;Why?&#8221; most of you will ask. Well, allow me to explain&#8230;

While I agree that there are far too many Michael Jackson greatest hits packages on the market (&#8220;Number Ones&#8221;, &#8220;The Essential&#8221; and &#8220;King of Pop&#8221; to name just a few) &#8211; I do not consider this collection to be part of that group.

It&#8217;s a collection, not a compilation.

One thing I like about this, as opposed to previous attempts to re-package MJ&#8217;s music, is that it is comprehensive. Record executives have not gathered at a round-table meeting in one of their swanky offices and hand picked which songs will be included, and which will not.

Instead, &#8220;Michael Jackson &#8211; The Indispensable Collection&#8221; offers fans, new and old, the chance to (legally) download Michael Jackson&#8217;s entire adult solo catalog with the single click of a button.

Until now, this has not been possible.

For the first time since it was originally released back in 1995, the new material from the &#8220;HIStory&#8221; album is included in a collection &#8211; unlike 2009&#8242;s &#8220;The Collection&#8221;, for example, which includes just five of Jackson&#8217;s albums (&#8220;Off The Wall&#8221;, &#8220;Thriller&#8221;, &#8220;Bad&#8221;, &#8220;Dangerous&#8221; and &#8220;Invincible&#8221;).

Also included is 1997&#8242;s &#8220;Blood On The Dance Floor&#8221; album, featuring five original tracks and eight remixes of songs featured on &#8220;HIStory&#8221;.

In addition to the seven above-mentioned studio albums that CBS/Sony Music released throughout his life, Sony and The Michael Jackson Estate have included a &#8216;live album&#8217; lifted from their &#8220;Bad 25&#8243; box set released in September 2012 &#8211; three years after Jackson&#8217;s death.

The &#8216;live album&#8217; samples the majority of Jackson&#8217;s performance at Wembley Stadium on July 16, 1988 &#8211; one of his 123 record-breaking &#8220;Bad World Tour&#8221; dates.

The inclusion of the live album, officially titled &#8220;Live At Wembley July 16, 1988&#8243;, doesn&#8217;t sit entirely comfortably with me. Unlike the rest of this collection, &#8220;Live At Wembley July 16, 1988&#8243; is not a studio album. For me, the contents of a collection like this should be consistent.

In addition, this is not an album that Jackson ever personally released, nor does it showcase his complete, unedited performance.

In fact, &#8220;Live At Wembley July 16, 1988&#8243; excludes some of the my favourite moments from the show, including Jackson&#8217;s spine-tingling ad lib outburst and call-and-response between performances of &#8220;I&#8217;ll Be There&#8221; and &#8220;Rock With You&#8221;. Also excluded is the incredible twelve-second note Jackson holds at the end of &#8220;Rock With You&#8221;. Both can be seen below:

<iframe height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ly4_laVyLtM?rel=0" frameborder="0" width="640"></iframe>

These are instances that showcase the King of Pop as his &#8216;live&#8217; best. Alas, consumers won&#8217;t hear them. Another complaint I have, as petty as it may be, is the artwork. It&#8217;s almost as if Sony couldn&#8217;t afford to purchase Photoshop for their graphic designers, instead creating the cover-art in Microsoft Paint. Either that, or they&#8217;re suffering from an egregious lack of creativity.

Despite my beef with particular elements of this collection, it&#8217;s still impressive and serves its purpose very well.

Although it may not be desirable to or required by the more seasoned Jackson fans around the world (most of us already own all this material a hundred times over) &#8211; &#8220;The Indispensable Collection&#8221; stands to be a fantastic starting-point for those who are discovering the King of Pop for the very first time.

My rating: &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9734;

michael-jackson-the-ultimate-fan-extras-collection-e1372571459543.jpg

The Ultimate Fan Extras Collection

My rating: &#9733;&#9734;&#9734;&#9734;&#9734;

While I think that Sony and The Estate went close to hitting the nail on the head with &#8220;The Indispensable Collection&#8221;, they&#8217;ve majorly missed the mark with this one.

&#8220;Michael Jackson &#8211; The Ultimate Fan Extras Collection&#8221; consists of 162 tracks spanning 1979 to present.

I see this collection as a massive missed opportunity to provide Jackson&#8217;s dedicated, longtime fans with something they can treasure &#8211; instead delivering a hodgepodge of anything and everything Sony had available on their database.

The contents of the album are previously released in one way or another. A large portion of the collection is lifted straight from &#8220;Bad 25&#8243;, &#8220;Immortal&#8221;, &#8220;The Ultimate Collection&#8221;, &#8220;The Jacksons &#8211; Live&#8221; as well as an assortment of other album re-issues and CD singles. As one fan put it; &#8220;This is simply a playlist with a price tag.&#8221;

Unfortunately for the more hardcore Jackson-enthusiasts, none of the content in this collection is unreleased. This, in my opinion, is where Sony and The Estate missed their chance to shine.

See more
http://www.damienshields.com/review...pensable-the-ultimate-fan-extras-collections/

Back