My MJ story

ChrissyBrown

Proud Member
My MJ story starts when I was about 8 or 9 in Primary school. I was being teased so badly that I would come home & cry. I would wag school. I didn't have many friends because I was the quiet child (The odd one out).
Outside of school was no better. My best friend in the world (Sara) & her sisters were being beaten & sexually abused by their step father. My life was horrible. I couldn't escape pain.

One day during music class at school our teacher told us to open the our song book to "Heal the World". I quickly skimmed over the words & the feeling was wonderful. Finally a song that meant something & might change the way people treated others. I think we sang the song for about a month & everytime a new feeling washed over me. I took one one of the song books home to show my best friend who didn't speak much English. I told her it was by someone named Michael Jackson & we read the lyrics together. It was a comfort to both of us.

As time went by my school life & outside school life didn't get better. It got much worse. Sara's step father was drinking more & becoming more abusive. He would threaten us if we told anyone he would kill us. So we kept our mouthes shut.

Sara was constantly in the Royal Children's Hospital because of injuries caused by him & I constantly wagged school to visit her. She had a massive fear of men no male doctors entered her room at all or she would scream the house or hospital down.

November 25th 1996:

I faked a sickie from school to visit Sara in hospital again. Lucky my mum works a block away from the hospital & whenever I was sick she would take me into work with her & I would go the library but I never stayed there.
I walked down to the hospital & there were so many cars & people with cameras outside. Normally I could just walk in & go up to Sara but this time I was stopped & asked who I was visiting etc. I was with Sara for about 2 minutes & was fluffing her pillows when a about 6 or so nurses entered the room saying you have a visitor. The nurses separated & Michael walked in with presents. He just looked at me & smiled then sat on Sara's bed she didnt scream but just sat there. He introduced himself & asked her "What she was in for?". She just sat there & stared at me as if to say "you tell him". I told him quickly she had been beaten by her stepfather. He just stared at her trying to take it all in & trying to not to cry. There was a tear! I sat down & he put his out his arms around us both & Sara flinched & pushed him away. I assured her it was ok. He whispered something to her & she smiled.
I had known Sara for about 2 & 1/2yrs & not once had seen her smile. He just held us both for a moment & told us it would be ok & not to worry. He gave Sarah a present & as he got up to leave. He said "Jehovah Bless you". Kissed Sara on the forehead & gave me hug & told me " to keep u the good work". I knew he meant looking after Sara. He pulled one of the male doctors outside over to him & they kept looking at us. We never found out what that was about. He did the moonwalk in the corridor & continued in to other wards.
It was a magical day!

Unfortunately Sara was sent back to her Step Father every time she was in hospital but her spirit changed. She may have been going through hell at home but when we were together we would mention that day & smile. Michael did that.

June 26th 2009:

Mum turned the radio on 7.30am as she did every morning for the news & I did the usual thing ignored it & tried to go back to sleep but this time was different. She told me Michael had a heart attack. I felt so sick & was flying to New Zealand that morning.
Mum left for work & I got ready while my head was buzzing.

On the way pilot played MJ songs the whole way. I started singing along.
Landing in NZ my friends told me MJ had died. My heart sunk but I also couldn't believe it.

I returned home & spoke with friends about MJ. Friends who had stayed at Neverland & only the friends who would understand. It wasnt until 1st of July it finally hit. I was just about to nanny & the parents were just walking out the door when I just broke down. I'm not sure how bad I was but was taken to hospital. I had finally accepted his death is my mind but my heart had trouble with it I watched his movies/videos & listened to music constantly for about a month thinking if i stopped it would be official that he has really died.

I have now accepted it but it certainly was not easy.

Hope all that makes sense cause i'm half asleep.

Christina

Christina thank you so much for posting and sharing this. I'm so glad you have that wonderful memory of Mike. he was a special, special man :love:

He still is very special :) He gave something Sara to be thankful for. The day at the hospital she had a father for about 5 minutes. No one could take that away

Last edited:
That was amazing...

Do you know Sara today? What does she think about Michael's death?

Wonderful story, thank you for sharing. You are lucky to have met him, and it's amazing how much he cared for someone he had never met before.

Wonderful story, thank you for sharing. You are lucky to have met him, and it's amazing how much he cared for someone he had never met before.

He cares about every thing & everyone even know. He doesn't see your race, how poor or how rich you were. He sees the person :)

Last edited:
I got permission from Sara's sister to share. We don't tell the story very often & actually not many people know it.

Awww.. bless you and bless Sara!

Thank you so much for your story... Michael is a very special man.

I also have a story about Michael. My Dad's colleague's friend actually met Michael in a hospital when she was sick as well. (small world... 0_0) It was during the Bad tour. She has been sick from some kidney problems...and she remembered Michael going around giving away toys and making everyone smile. Her memory was kinda hazy because she was seriously sick back then but she told me she would never forget when Michael touched the top of her head briefly. She said his touch felt like a cloud or bunch of butterflies... :wub:

To this day, she is huge MJ fan like me... We stayed in touch.... and I'm so happy that she had something to remember him by. :)

Awww.. bless you and bless Sara!

Thank you so much for your story... Michael is a very special man.

I also have a story about Michael. My Dad's colleague's friend actually met Michael in a hospital when she was sick as well. (small world... 0_0) It was during the Bad tour. She has been sick from some kidney problems...and she remembered Michael going around giving away toys and making everyone smile. Her memory was kinda hazy because she was seriously sick back then but she told me she would never forget when Michael touched the top of her head briefly. She said his touch felt like a cloud or bunch of butterflies... :wub:

To this day, she is huge MJ fan like me... We stayed in touch.... and I'm so happy that she had something to remember him by. :)

That's so nice. Thanks for sharing! I just remember when we hugged us was like all sadness left us :)

Thank you much Chrissy for sharing your story
Im sure there are hundreds of stories like that
if all would share them _ God bless (hugs)

Ohmygod, I'm crying reading this. :cry: That is such an amazing story!
I'm sorry she died...but I'm sure you're right; Mike is taking care of her.
He was so wonderful...there's NO ONE who can ever do such a thing.

Thanks for sharing! :hug:

Ohmygod, I'm crying reading this. :cry: That is such an amazing story!
I'm sorry she died...but I'm sure you're right; Mike is taking care of her.
He was so wonderful...there's NO ONE who can ever do such a thing.

Thanks for sharing! :hug:

I had a counsellor session last week & it was our 2nd meeting. I had to tell her everything including this story. She just sat there in shock. I was like oh no I have ruined your morning & probably your day.

Sara was very special & I'm just glad she had one amazing day before she died :)

I also just realized should have put this thread in the michaelmania or the other section. Whoops. I'm a newbie!

I am in tears right now reading that beautiful story.. :cry:
may god bless her, im so happy that she got to meet Michael but also so sad the abuse she suffered :( Michael is an angel truely!!

I also have a story. One of my dear friends lives was saved by Michael. The story was probably made more public than others.. but what Michael did was so beautiful to give money and help him get a liver transplant. He is one of my best friends and im so thankful for that.

may god bless her, im so happy that she got to meet Michael but also so sad the abuse she suffered :( Michael is an angel truely!!

I also have a story. One of my dear friends lives was saved by Michael. The story was probably made more public than others.. but what Michael did was so beautiful to give money and help him get a liver transplant. He is one of my best friends and im so thankful for that.

I remember that story. Michael didn't give up on them cause he didn't want them to die.

Her step father/uncle complicated story was into drugs & alcohol. Sometimes he was actually nice. Taking us down the street for icecream. I was 7 & 1/2 when I met Sara & her sisters. I didnt understand a lot. Visited there home a few times there was smashed glass everywhere & syringes. Whenever I was home from school I would take Sara for a walk because of age I didnt have money so would steal from mum's purse so I could buy Sara & her sisters food or books since they didnt go to school. Mum never noticed & I only told her about a month ago. It was a hard situation at a young age but I couldn't just not do anything.

Last edited:
I remember that story. Michael didn't give up on them cause he didn't want them to die.

Her step father/uncle complicated story was into drugs & alcohol. Sometimes he was actually nice. Taking us down the street for icecream. I was 7 & 1/2 when I met Sara & her sisters. I didnt understand a lot. Visited there home a few times there was smashed glass everywhere & syringes. Whenever I was home from school I would take Sara for a walk because of age I didnt have money so would steal from her purse so I could buy Sara & her sisters food or books since they didnt go to school. Mum never noticed & I only told her about a month ago. It was a hard situation at a young age but I couldn't just not do anything.
Bless you for being such a good, true friend!!! :angel:
The world needs so much more of this kind of people....you've done an amazing job girl.
Mike and Sara are proud of you, I'm sure.
Take care!

Sara was murdered by her step father March 28th 1999 . So they are together :)

Sara's sister & I are very close. She was a child of 12 & only 1 sibling is left. Very sad.

That evil man......I hate people like that. But it's ok. Sarah's in a better place now. :)

The boy named Farcus?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=489tJ3u6Iqk
oMg ... I'M CRYING NOW...

thanks for sharing that Chrissy! What an amazing man he was! Too good for this world!

It breaks my heart to read about your poor friend!

Bless you for being such a good, true friend!!! :angel:
The world needs so much more of this kind of people....you've done an amazing job girl.
Mike and Sara are proud of you, I'm sure.
Take care!

Thanks hun! I used to hate myself when she died but her sister helped me through that.
Sara was a quintuplet. There was 4 who were identical very creepy & the youngest didn't look like any of them. Sara was the oldest,then Felicity still alive,Victoria,Alexandra & Cosette then 5 other full siblings plus a half bro & half sis.

Sara & her sisters birthday is on Oct 11th. They will be 26 :)

There is good news Felicity didnt have relatives for a long time but in the last year found 6 cousins :) another complicated & tearful story

Back